Florida teacher fired for bullying praying Muslim students

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:33 pm

Florida teacher fired after viral video shows her interrupting Muslim students while in prayer

Quote:
A Broward County teacher was fired after a video of her interrupting Muslim students while in prayer went viral, according to News 6 partner WPLG-TV.

The teacher, who has not yet been identified, worked at Franklin Academy, a charter school in Pembroke Pines.

The video starts with tranquil music and a couple boys reciting an Islamic prayer in Arabic.

Shortly after, you can hear the teacher saying, “Hold on, this in my office and y’all doing this magic?”

A woman identified as another teacher barges in and starts blowing a whistle.

The teacher is then heard saying, “I believe in Jesus so I’m interrupting the floor.”

The same teacher appeared to step or kick the boys’ hands as she walked over their mats.

The video was posted on TikTok Wednesday and has already racked up over 3 million views on social media.

While the Supreme Court has ruled that public schools may not hold official prayers, student-led prayer that does not interrupt instructional time is protected under the First Amendment.

Franklin Academy released the following statement to Local 10 News Thursday:
“Earlier today, a very troubling TikTok video was shared with our leadership team. The video appears to show a teacher interrupting students during a moment of prayer. Upon receipt of the video, organizational and school leadership began immediately investigating the situation.

“Franklin Academy does not tolerate discriminatory behavior. As many know, we are an International Baccalaureate (IB) school system, and as part of the IB initiatives to which we are committed, Franklin aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural and racial understanding and respect. We not only look for our student body to develop these traits but for our faculty and staff to exemplify them as well.

“While we do not discuss personnel matters, we can share with you that the teacher in question is no longer a member of the Franklin Academy staff.

“We thank our parents for partnering with us and trusting us with their child(ren) and their education. Through the continued communication that we foster as a team, our schools can only become stronger.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 3:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The teacher is then heard saying, “I believe in Jesus so I’m interrupting the floor.”

The same teacher appeared to step or kick the boys’ hands as she walked over their mats.

In addition to being fired she might be facing assault and a hate crime. It's really quite peculiar why somebody would spend so many years studying in college, investing thousands in their own education to throw it all away knowing they were openly breaching their own code of professional conduct/ethics??

I mean is she really that stupid?