Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 10:38 pm

rest in peace.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 10:50 pm

RIP

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 6:03 pm

RIP

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:27 am

Godspeed, sweet lady.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 8:26 pm

Lisa Marie Presley died of complications from prior weight-loss surgery, autopsy report shows

Quote:
A report by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner stated on Thursday that Lisa Marie Presley’s death in January was caused by a “sequelae of a small bowel obstruction.”

A small bowel obstruction is a blockage in the small intestine, often because of things like scar tissue, a hernia or cancer. Without surgery, it can cause bowel tissue to die or perforate, leading to death.

Presley’s autopsy report, obtained by CNN later on Thursday, included the official opinion of deputy medical examiner Dr. Juan M. Carrillo, who attributed her small bowel obstruction to “adhesions (or, scar tissue) that developed after bariatric surgery years ago. This is a known long term complication of this type of surgery.”

Carrillo also stated that he reviewed the autopsy toxicology results, which showed “therapeutic” levels of oxycodone in Presley’s blood – i.e., levels that are in the range of medically helpful, and not dangerous. He added that quetapine metabolite (used to treat depression, schizophrenia or manic episodes) and buprenorphine (a painkiller that can also be used to treat opioid addiction) were present but “not contributory to death.”

“There is no evidence of injury or foul play. The manner of death is deemed natural,” Carrillo concluded.

Dr. Michael Camilleri, a consultant and professor in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Mayo Clinic, told CNN on Thursday that the medications found in Presley’s may “have slowed down the motility of the intestine and would have made it perhaps more likely” for it to get “obstructed by the adhesions.”

“Unfortunately, adhesions can happen to anybody,” he added. “And just because there were these other medications on board doesn’t necessarily mean that the person was more prone to develop the complications.”

Lisa Marie, the only daughter of the late Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley, died hours after being hospitalized following an apparent cardiac arrest on January 12. The report obtained Thursday also detailed that she was complaining of abdominal pain on the morning of her death.

Dr. Folasade P. May, associate professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and director of the Melvin and Bren Simon Gastroenterology Quality Improvement Program, told CNN on Thursday that he suspects that Presley “developed a cardiac arrest because she had a severe complication from the small bowel obstruction.” She was 54.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman