Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm

Quote:
Aretha Franklin song ‘Natural Woman’ deemed offensive
Story by Sky News Australia • Sunday

Quote:
Standing for Women Founder Kellie-Jay Keen says it’s “really hard” to ignore the “misogyny” of the trans-rights movement as Aretha Franklin’s song ‘Natural Woman’ was recently slammed as offensive to trans-women.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/ar ... r-AA16BAz4

melibeus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2023, 5:07 pm

Carole King's version of this song is the best. What an album Tapestry is.
I remember playing this song with my band all in drag, our male bass player singing it.
Was that politically correct or not? I'm confused now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 7:56 pm

I'm all for Trans rights and fair treatment, but I have to think in this case, someone just wants to be offended.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 8:22 pm

Aretha Franklin ‘Natural Woman’ diss was ‘satire,’ trans ‘activists’ now claim

Quote:
urns out a supposed transgender “activist” group may not have a problem with Aretha Franklin after all.

Last week, an alleged-Norway based LGBTQ rights group called the Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance took to Twitter to condemn Aretha Franklin’s hit 1968 song “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman.” They labeled the song’s lyrics offensive and demanded that it be removed from both Apple Music and Spotify.

However, they have now alleged that the account is actually a parody, according to a direct message to The Post on Monday afternoon.

“This is satirical,” the user, who did not provide his or her real name, wrote to The Post.

The account, however, changed its bio information sometime Monday afternoon to read: “PARODY/SATIRE: Founded January 2023 exclusively by trans individuals, promoting cultural changes to ensure the inclusivity of trans individuals.”

That is a direct contradiction to a now-deleted tweet in which they claimed it was not a parody account.

The account, which is still up and running as of Monday evening, claimed that the Queen of Soul’s song ignited anti-trans stereotypes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 9:35 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
urns out a supposed transgender “activist” group may not have a problem with Aretha Franklin after all.

Last week, an alleged-Norway based LGBTQ rights group called the Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance took to Twitter to condemn Aretha Franklin’s hit 1968 song “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman.” They labeled the song’s lyrics offensive and demanded that it be removed from both Apple Music and Spotify.

However, they have now alleged that the account is actually a parody, according to a direct message to The Post on Monday afternoon.

“This is satirical,” the user, who did not provide his or her real name, wrote to The Post.

The account, however, changed its bio information sometime Monday afternoon to read: “PARODY/SATIRE: Founded January 2023 exclusively by trans individuals, promoting cultural changes to ensure the inclusivity of trans individuals.”

That is a direct contradiction to a now-deleted tweet in which they claimed it was not a parody account.

The account, which is still up and running as of Monday evening, claimed that the Queen of Soul’s song ignited anti-trans stereotypes.

Good to know.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 10:05 pm

Transwomen are natural women, though.
I don't find it offensive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 10:49 pm

I had a feeling this was satirical.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm all for Trans rights and fair treatment, but I have to think in this case, someone just wants to be offended.

This happens a lot, based on what I have seen in my "travels".
Some ppl weaponise political correctness.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Good to know.

Good to know what?
I am sure some in the Trans community are offended, not because they are trans, but because some ppl like to weaponize PC.

It could simply be "arse protecting".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Trans women are natural TRANS women, yes.
I don't understand why there can't be two types of women. :?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I had a feeling this was satirical.

It may be satire that bit the bum of the Trans community. 8O

I find this subject confusing.
Dare I say, "I don't understand". :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:30 am

Pepe wrote:
I am sure some in the Trans community are offended, not because they are trans, but because some ppl like to weaponize PC.

Are you sure some aren't really offended but are definitely going to pretend to be offended because reasons?

Can you name one?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 12:30 am

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Honey, there are hundreds of types of women.
They're all natural.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 1:38 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Good to know.

Good to know what?

It could simply be "arse protecting".

But they're not really offended by the song, as the report's satire.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 2:28 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Honey, there are hundreds of types of women.
They're all natural.

You missed my point. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 4:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Are you sure some aren't really offended but are definitely going to pretend to be offended because reasons?

Can you name one?

Politics. 8)