Children wandering streets of Alice Springs late at night

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 2:19 am

Alcohol used by parents - leads to domestic violence against mothers and children
Children escape home at night and copy their parents and get intoxicated to cope with the family stress
The white mob at the town hall are picking on the victims who are the children, many of whom should be in primary school not getting drunk

I agree with the mayor, ban the grog...it will solve the issue

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 2:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
Alcohol used by parents - leads to domestic violence against mothers and children
Children escape home at night and copy their parents and get intoxicated to cope with the family stress
The white mob at the town hall are picking on the victims who are the children, many of whom should be in primary school not getting drunk

Do you have any vids/transcripts on this, or is it simply what you thought happened based on the biased ABC disinformation the ABC has apologised for?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 11:57 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Do you have any vids/transcripts on this, or is it simply what you thought happened based on the biased ABC disinformation the ABC has apologised for?

Do YOU have any proof that this is disinformation? :?

Your credibility on such claims is.. not high.

You've already called other MAJOR FACTS "proven disinformation," in this very thread.

Wishing or believing something is so because of your own biases or the ones in the biased media you consume doesn't actually make something so.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 3:57 pm

Pepe wrote:

Actually watch the Project, the mob at the townhall were divided. A lot of the younger people there (university age) were asking the older folk not to pick on the kids. The older folk were made up of business/home owners who were worried about vandalism and personal safety. Naturally they were calling for swift justice on the kids.

This reminds me of Peter Dutton's and Andrew Bolt's tirade against Sudanese kids whom they label as gangsters. Bolt and Dutton have a history of claiming white south africans are experiencing genocide so their views on african and aboriginal kids is suspect.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 8:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Do YOU have any proof that this is disinformation? :?

Your credibility on such claims is.. not high.

It is not *MY* Credibility you should consider.
Recently, the ABC has admitted they did not present a balanced report despite their lawful duty to do so.
Did you not see my post in this thread about the collective outrage? :scratch:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=411334#p9227451

Further action is being considered regarding the ABC's biased reporting.
"Stay tuned...
Same time...
Same channel..."

I get the impression that you think I make up things for my own personal narrative when I am simply relating what I have come across in the media.
Odd...

goldfish21 wrote:
You've already called other MAJOR FACTS "proven disinformation," in this very thread.

I did indicate that we were talking about crossed purposes.
I did explain that my source may have been talking about a specific incident.
Your lack of acknowledgement of this damages your credibility coinage.

Some ppl would appreciate my honesty.
Apparently, you aren't one of them. 8)

goldfish21 wrote:
Wishing or believing something is so because of your own biases or the ones in the biased media you consume doesn't actually make something so.

You are talking nonsense.
I change my position based on the Truth that is uncovered.
I have shown that time and time again.
You, on the other hand, seem to follow a political narrative.
I'd like to see any examples where you disagree with the left-wing agenda.

You are embarrassing yourself.
What part of:
Quote:
I am not going to argue the point.
I did a quick search and can see the problem was much bigger than I realised.
It is very possible my information source was not comprehensive.
Perhaps they were focusing on a specific situation.

Don't you understand? :scratch:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=411334&start=16#p9230557

What you are engaging in is "Confirmation Bias".
You only see/accept information that you agree with and reject anything that goes against your personal narrative no matter how rational.

I suggest you focus less on debating point scoring and more on sharing information. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 8:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Actually watch the Project, the mob at the townhall were divided. A lot of the younger people there (university age) were asking the older folk not to pick on the kids. The older folk were made up of business/home owners who were worried about vandalism and personal safety. Naturally they were calling for swift justice on the kids.

Firstly, according to my biased right-wing sources, "The Project" is left-wing biased.
I suggest you focus on the video presented and not their editorialising.

Secondly, there are vids of aboriginal kids out of control attacking buildings and people.
Some even ram police vehicles "for the fun of it".
A lot of kids are out of control, and I think there is more than enough evidence of this.

Thirdly, the "explosion" of violence, including juvenile violence, has been connected to the alcohol ban being removed.
It is all interrelated.

cyberdad wrote:
This reminds me of Peter Dutton's and Andrew Bolt's tirade against Sudanese kids whom they label as gangsters. Bolt and Dutton have a history of claiming white south africans are experiencing genocide so their views on african and aboriginal kids is suspect.

May I remind you that you have a very left-wing affinity and that may be "colouring" your POV.
I know you personally dislike Andrew Bolt in particular, based on what you have said in the past.
With this in mind, my sources have indicated that Andrew Bolt's views are simply a reflection of the general communities involved.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:20 am

Pepe wrote:
With this in mind, my sources have indicated that Andrew Bolt's views are simply a reflection of the general communities involved.

A certain segment's views you mean. I don't find Bolt ever offers up any solutions except
a. lock up aboriginal kids and throw away the key (that's a quite a popular view in the community but it doesn't mean it's right)
b. send africans back to africa (again I suspect most Aussies don't want Sudanese as neighbors including lefties).

The latter is a sentiment is also openly shared by Peter Dutton.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

A certain segment's views you mean. I don't find Bolt ever offers up any solutions except
a. lock up aboriginal kids and throw away the key (that's a quite a popular view in the community but it doesn't mean it's right)
b. send africans back to africa (again I suspect most Aussies don't want Sudanese as neighbors including lefties).

The latter is a sentiment is also openly shared by Peter Dutton.

I watch Andrew Bolt every time he is on.
I doubt you do.
I have never seen him espouse either view you have described.
Unless you can validate your opinion via "evidence", I will have to assume you have once again misrepresented him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:41 pm

Pepe wrote:
I doubt you do.
Unless you can validate your opinion via "evidence", I will have to assume you have once again misrepresented him.

I watch him occasionally (I have access to Sky). He and his good buddy Dean Rowe are proponents of the great replacement theory like Tucker Carlson. If either talk about aborigines or africans I can guarantee they cast both communities in a negative light.

I actually don't disagree with everything he says, But they attract a particular kind of Australian whose values I don't share.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 3:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I doubt you do.

I watch him occasionally (I have access to Sky). He and his good buddy Dean Rowe are proponents of the great replacement theory like Tucker Carlson. If either talk about aborigines or africans I can guarantee they cast both communities in a negative light.

I actually don't disagree with everything he says, But they attract a particular kind of Australian whose values I don't share.

Absolutely not.
Jacinta Price and Warren Mundine are constant guests on the Bolt report.
You need to watch more.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 3:52 am

Pepe wrote:
Absolutely not.
Jacinta Price and Warren Mundine are constant guests on the Bolt report.
You need to watch more.

Yes I am aware. That's why I agree with some of what Andrew Bolt says about Aboriginal affairs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 3:53 am

People who are addicted commonly deny that their addictions -- and the substances (including alcohol) to which they are addicted -- are the causes of their problems. They will deny the opinions of medical experts, claim that any evidence to prove addictions caused their problems is fabricated, and even deny that they are addicted in the first place.

It is a sad situation when any country packed to the rafters with alcoholics will deny that their problems even exist.

:( Sad. Very, very sad.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 3:56 am

Actually drug addiction and domestic violence afflicts the entire western world. In psychology taking drugs is often attributed to maladaptive coping. Behind closed doors.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 4:20 am

Fnord wrote:
People who are addicted commonly deny that their addictions -- and the substances (including alcohol) to which they are addicted -- are the causes of their problems. They will deny the opinions of medical experts, claim that any evidence to prove addictions caused their problems is fabricated, and even deny that they are addicted in the first place.

It is a sad situation when any country packed to the rafters with alcoholics will deny that their problems even exist.

:( Sad. Very, very sad.

So you have the impression that alcoholism is a major problem in Australia in general.
"Interesting".

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 4:23 am

Pepe wrote:
So you have the impression that alcoholism is a major problem in Australia in general. "Interesting".
No, I have the impression that alcoholism is a major problem in any country, Australia included.

Some countries are just better at concealing this problem than others, that's all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 4:30 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So you have the impression that alcoholism is a major problem in Australia in general. "Interesting".
No, I have the impression that alcoholism is a major problem in any country, Australia included.

Some countries are just better at concealing this problem than others, that's all.

Australians do like their beer, but I don't think it is a major problem generally.
What is more of a concern is the use of illicit drugs.

Quote:
Australia has one of the world's most serious drug problems, according to a major international study on the health burden caused by amphetamines, cocaine, cannabis and opioids.

But it is not alone. Britain, the US, South Africa and Russia also have major habits and high levels of illness and death caused by drugs.

On a regional level, Australasia has the highest rate of opioid and cannabis dependence and only south-east Asia is higher for amphetamines.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... th-culture