Suspected Chinese spy balloon spotted over U.S. skies

Page 6 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 2:18 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 4:05 am

The phrase "big as three buses" is meaningless.

What they mean is "the diameter of the balloon was equal to the length of three buses parked end to end". Or I think thats what they mean.

If that is what they mean then the balloon was many TIMES the volume of "three buses".

A better comparison is that it was "four times the volume of the Snoopy Balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade".

A perfect sphere 200 feet in diameter (what it supposedly was) would be bigger than your garden variety Goodyear advertising blimp (150 foot long cigar shape). But only a fraction the size of the pre WWII Zeppilins like the Hindenberg (also longer than wide but 800 feet long).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:46 am

Simply put.
It was one big ass balloon.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 2:21 pm

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2023, 2:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Hey Rocky! Watch me spy on a country with my ass!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:06 pm

Sooo THATS why you guys send those Arctic cold fronts down on us ....so your Bullwinkle spy balloons can ride the winds down here!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 2:20 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sooo THATS why you guys send those Arctic cold fronts down on us ....so your Bullwinkle spy balloons can ride the winds down here!

The way this winter has been going, the Russian nesting balloons should have been here about 6 weeks ago.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 2:24 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The way this winter has been going, the Russian nesting balloons should have been here about 6 weeks ago.

The nesting balloons were sold to North Korea in exchange for T-62 ammunition.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 2:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The nesting balloons were sold to North Korea in exchange for T-62 ammunition.

We still shouldn't underestimate Pooty-Poot.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2023, 7:03 pm

It's highly unlikely that China would launch a highly visible balloon over the U.S. when they have satellites do to the job. I'm inclined to believe it was indeed a weather balloon.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm

Josh68 wrote:
It's highly unlikely that China would launch a highly visible balloon over the U.S. when they have satellites do to the job. I'm inclined to believe it was indeed a weather balloon.

Except that I saw in some news blurb that there were Chinese military reports written up recommending using balloons to probe the air defences of other countries.. so, not only were they spying, they were testing to see what happens when they enter American air space so they can gather intel on air defence systems. More inclined to believe that than it was a simple weather balloon - especially since if it Was just a weather balloon they'd have notified the USA that it had blown off course and been super transparent about it.

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2023, 7:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Josh68 wrote:

Except that I saw in some news blurb that there were Chinese military reports written up recommending using balloons to probe the air defences of other countries.. so, not only were they spying, they were testing to see what happens when they enter American air space so they can gather intel on air defence systems. More inclined to believe that than it was a simple weather balloon - especially since if it Was just a weather balloon they'd have notified the USA that it had blown off course and been super transparent about it.

As a general rule, I am highly skeptical of anything that comes out of government officials' mouths and the media, since we have been lied to so many times.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 7:25 pm

Josh68 wrote:

Hey Rocky! Watch me spy on a country with my ass!

What a lot of Bullwinkle. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 1:11 am

Quote:
US confirms Chinese spy balloon had operational surveillance technology
10 hours ago

The US State Department has confirmed the suspected Chinese spy balloon was operating with electronic surveillance technology capable of monitoring US communications.

The balloon was shot down last weekend.

Officials believe solar panels discovered could power communication antennas.

The US also alleges China has sent surveillance balloons to fly over more than 40 countries across five different continents.

China has condemned the US for shooting down the balloon and claims it was a weather tracker that blew off course.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/u ... erallPos=8

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 1:00 pm