‘QAnon Shaman’ released from prison, in halfway house

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 9:51 pm

The Hill

Quote:
Jacob Chansley, the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol rioter better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” was released from federal prison early and transferred to a halfway house on Wednesday.

The Bureau of Prisons said Chansley was moved to “community confinement” — a term that can either refer to home confinement or a halfway house; but Chansley’s attorney Albert Watkins confirmed it was the latter.

“After serving eleven months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law abiding and enriching life,” Watkins said in a statement.

The Bureau of Prisons said in a statement that “for safety, and security reasons, we do not discuss the conditions of confinement for any inmate, including transfers or release plans, nor do we specify an individual’s specific location while in community confinement.”

Chansley, who gained national attention for wearing face paint and a horned headdress during the riot, pleaded guilty to obstruction and was sentenced in November 2021 to 41 months in prison.

The bureau now lists Chansley’s release date as May 25 of this year. The bureau declined to discuss the specifics of Chansley’s case, but inmates are able to shave off part of their sentences for good conduct while behind bars.

QAnon Shaman’ attorney refuses to apologize for ‘short-bus people’ comments
Quote:
The attorney for Jacob Chansley, the Capitol rioter more widely known as the “QAnon Shaman,” doubled down Wednesday on derogatory remarks he made about the mental state of those who participated in the Jan. 6 mob attack, arguing that doing so brought attention to the “special needs” of his client.

Attorney Albert Watkins first made comments to Talking Points Memo, which were published Tuesday, that Chansley has Asperger’s syndrome and added that this, as well as former President Trump’s “propaganda,” should be considered in his client’s case.

“A lot of these defendants — and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they’re all f—— short-bus people. … These are people with brain damage, they’re f—— ret*d, they’re on the goddamn spectrum,” Watkins told Talking Points Memo.

In a Wednesday interview on CNN’s “New Day,” co-host John Berman asked Watkins if wanted to apologize for his previous remarks, which also included the argument that the rioters weren’t “bad people” but were “subjected to four-plus years of goddamn propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since f—— Hitler.”

“Counselor, the Special Olympics says the R-word is a form of hate speech and that the word has become an insult used all too commonly in everyday language,” Berman said.

“Would you like to apologize this morning?” the host asked.

“No,” Watkins quickly responded while shaking his head.

The lawyer went on to say, “For five months, I acted professionally, I talked to the people that needed to know, I made sure that the Department of Justice had the opportunity firsthand to meet with my client … to have them understand and appreciate the condition, the special needs of my client.”

“I let them talk to my client while he is confined, not once, not twice, but multiple times, and I got nowhere,” Watkins said. “All I had to do was get vulgar, get vulgar in a short soundbite-driven quote that permitted this very issue to come to the fore.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 11:03 pm

It'd be nice if he could get his life on track.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 11:53 pm

Buffalo man was crucified on the alter of politics. 8)

Yes, I am aware of the mixed metaphor...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 10:02 am

In Terms of 'Standard IQ' And 'Short Bus' And 'R Word Pejoratives', The Lawyer

For the 'Q-Anon Shaman Dude' Who Recently Got of of Jail to Go To A Half-Way

House; Nope, The Lawyer Not Surprisingly is A Bit Deficit in Terms of Cognitive Empathy

As Folks With Stellar IQ's May Be Missing That Part of Human Intelligence More Susceptible

To Being Manipulated By Human With Higher Levels of Cognitive Empathy, Pursuing Selfish Goals

By Harming

Other Human

Beings Per How Donald

Trump And Even Church Related

Officials in Most Every Religion Through

The Ages Have Manipulated Others As Yes

The Clergy is Assessed Overall in the Top Ten List

of Professions With Traits of Psychopathy For Real too...

Yes Quotes and Links in REAL RESEARCH For Anything i am Poetically Relating Now too

As You Ya Might Need a Bit More Right Hemisphere Processing Intelligence to Understand

Metaphors And to Get the Bigger Pictures of Humanity With Cognitive Empathy too in Terms

of Intuition Too That Comes So Naturally for Some folks Yet Seems Almost Impossible For Others too...

i Have Some Extremely Intelligent X-Friends With Advanced Mathematic Degrees At the Top of the Standard

IQ Pyramid Who Articulate Themselves as 'Logically' As Anyone Here, Who Might Literally Believe a Little Brown

Man Literally (Along with
Q-Anon Conspiracies)

Came Back From the

Dead too; Not Understanding

The Whole Damn Thing is a Metaphorical

Hero Archetypical Story About Coming Out of
The Dark And Being Reborn in the LiGHT With A Soul

Again Yes in Terms of Emotional Intelligence Out of Left Mind
Hemisphere Processing That Even Modern Science Shows Now

is Much More Susceptible to Delusion And Believing in Non-Sense

When Folks MaNiPuLaTE Them As They Have For As 'They' Say 'Suckers'

Born And Bred Through the Ages Naive ThiS Way; Yes, Either By Nature or Nurture too...

It Doesn't Help
When "Big Daddy's"

Down South and in
Other Rural More
Ignorant Areas Still

Tell Their Little Boys

They Are Not Allowed

to Be in Touch With Their

Pro-Social Emotions as that is surely

on a Highway to 'Alexithymia' Repressing Emotions

And Getting Basically Out of Touch With Not Only Our

Unique Souls in What Heart Strings Play Yet those of Others

Who Might Otherwise Manipulate Us With That Kind of More Advanced

Human Emotional Intelligence As Yes There are Those Who Understand What

Makes Others

Tick Without

A Real HeART
Beat of Their Own

That Fuels Compassion For All Real...

The So-Called Q-Anon Shaman Dude is

Just a Naive Young Man Sucked Up into a Cult

Not Much Different That So-Called Smart Folks

Who Believe A Little Brown Man Literally Came Back From the Dead...

Other than that Happy Palm Sunday Chances Are if the Real Little Brown Man Jesus Could
Come Back All HE Would Have is Forest Thick Face Palms Now For How Naive Humans

Will Still

Be Closed

Off From

Half a Soul More

Yes Organically So too

in Terms of More Right
Hemisphere Intelligence

That Processes Metaphors

And The Emotions Complex

of Ours Pro-Social And Others too;

Yes, Like a Finely Tuned Violin Play me another Song 'Sam'.... From 'Cheers'

Chances Are He'd Just Say Chill Out You All And Let's Go Bowling 'Dude'...

Just F in Relaaaxxx
And BREaTHE FRee...

And Actually

Finally Really Live... Free

From the Underpinnings of Control
By Stories Old Antiquated Dusty and

Poisonous
For Real...

For What
it Even Means
To Be Human And Free...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 10:26 am

QAnon Shaman was my favourite insurrectionist (if that's the right word?).

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 11:05 am

I am autstic, but I do not have a free pass to do as I like. Nor does the "QAnon Shaman", but if he has served his time in prison then I think he should be considered for release.

What the jan 6th mob did was clearly wrong, but we can not "lock 'em up and throw away the key."

If he is going to "be a good boy" and behave himself then I think he should be considered for release and then allowed to rebuild his life. There might be restrictions on him that normal people do not have, I do not know if he is now a felon.

But there is a hate filled man who lives in a fantasy world who needs a bright orange boilersuit right now.... Mr Trump, in his case I am unsure if reform will be possible with him. But on the other hand putting him in prison will limit his capacity for further misdeeds. So I vote for putting Trump in prison.

What the lawyer said about "short buses" is disgusting, I think he needs to take a long look at his professional ethics and then make sure he does better in future.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 3:49 pm

I believe as long as he's not cavorting with people of "bad" character he'll probably just drift into quiet obscurity OR find passage to Dancing with the Stars OR Celebrity Big Brother

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 4:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I believe as long as he's not cavorting with people of "bad" character he'll probably just drift into quiet obscurity OR find passage to Dancing with the Stars OR Celebrity Big Brother

Or even..."the Apprentice"! :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 4:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Or even..."the Apprentice"! :D

Orange is the New Black?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 7:50 pm

Recidivist wrote:
QAnon Shaman was my favourite insurrectionist (if that's the right word?).

No.
I think you mean "protester".
Quote:
protester
noun
a person who publicly demonstrates opposition to something; a demonstrator.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... =protester

Based on what can be heard on a video, he actively told the rioters to go back home after Trump posted that in the tweet.

The Buffalo man was a victim of political corruption, by the sounds of it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 7:53 pm

I suppose that you could combine "Orange is the New Black" WITH "the Apprentice". Have Trump the convict star in a in behind the bars reality show in which his devoted incarcerated followers star with their idol.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 8:12 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I am autstic, but I do not have a free pass to do as I like. Nor does the "QAnon Shaman", but if he has served his time in prison then I think he should be considered for release.

What the jan 6th mob did was clearly wrong, but we can not "lock 'em up and throw away the key."

You can try to do so if you are the government of the day.
This happens on both sides of the political divide.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 2:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I suppose that you could combine "Orange is the New Black" WITH "the Apprentice". Have Trump the convict star in a in behind the bars reality show in which his devoted incarcerated followers star with their idol.

I'm sure that would make for good entertainment, especially if you introduce the Proud Boys as intruders :lol: