Page 4 of 20 [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 6:38 pm

ABC News - Trump Live Updates

Quote:
Grand jury to reconvene on Wednesday
A grand jury will reconvene on Wednesday to continue to weigh charges against former President Donald Trump in connection with the Manhattan district attorney's probe into the 2016 hush payment to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

The U.S. Secret Service is coordinating security plans with the NYPD in the event of an indictment and arraignment in an open courtroom in Manhattan, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News. The two agencies had a call Monday to discuss logistics, including court security and how Trump would potentially surrender for booking and processing, according to sources briefed on the discussions. White collar criminal defendants in New York are typically allowed to negotiate a surrender.

McCarthy grows frustrated as Trump questions persist at House GOP retreat
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy again ripped into Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg when asked about the potential charges against former President Donald Trump at a Tuesday press conference at the House GOP retreat in Orlando.

When McCarthy was asked directly if had concerns about Trump's alleged conduct regarding the alleged hush money payment to Stormy Daniels, he didn't answer the question and instead pivoted to talking about Hillary Clinton and Bragg.

"What we see before us is a political game being played by a local. Look, this isn't New York City, this is just a Manhattan," McCarthy said.

McCarthy said he hasn’t spoken to Trump in three weeks.

When asked if Trump is still the leader of the Republican Party, McCarthy took a jab at the press: "In the press room, for all of you, he is."

Pence discourages protests if Trump indicted
Former Vice President Mike Pence discouraged any protests should a grand jury indict Donald Trump.

"Every American has the right to let their voice be heard. The Constitution provides the right to peaceably assemble. But I think in this instance, I would discourage Americans from engaging in protests if in fact the former president is indicted," Pence said Tuesday when asked by ABC News if Americans should protest a possible indictment.

Pence said he understood the "frustration" while calling the case "politically motivated."

"But I think letting our voices be heard in other ways, and in not engaging in protests, I think is most prudent at this time," he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 11:41 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
He will. This is meant to keep him from running, but it won't work.

Even if that was the intent, the fact remains that Trump has broken the law, and that it's finally come back to bite him. And the use of campaign funds to pay to make a sexually embarrassing situation disappear is hardly the worst of it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:22 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
The same folks who were cool with 'lock her up' suddenly have a problem with a criminal not being allowed to use running for president as a get-out-of-jail-free card? :lol:

Hillary escaped the consequences of her reprehensible actions.
Why shouldn't Trump?

But Muuhhhhm, Timmy did something bad too.

Yeah sorry, your logic sounds like a small child who's trying to dodge punishment. :lol:

I'm surprised your mocking hasn't been deleted. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 3:09 am

↑ Mocking ideas and the "logic" used to arrive at them is permitted.  Mocking other WP members is not.

It is now after 16:00 Philippine Standard Time, which means it is past 00:00 on Wednesday morning in the "Lower 48" with no news yet of Mr. Trump's arrest.

Apparently, Mr. Trump has lied again.

:roll: How could we expect anything else?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 4:09 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
The same folks who were cool with 'lock her up' suddenly have a problem with a criminal not being allowed to use running for president as a get-out-of-jail-free card? :lol:

Why shouldn't Trump?

Yeah sorry, your logic sounds like a small child who's trying to dodge punishment. :lol:

What did Hilary Clinton do worthy of punishment?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:39 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Why shouldn't Trump?

I was surprised to see a grown-ass man who constantly proclaims himself to be rational and logical relying on the sort of logic only a 6 year would use. SMFH.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:26 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 5:44 pm

"Pumpkin" should be placed in a high-security mental hospital instead of a high-security prison. :evil:

Regardless of where he'll end up at, he's a cult leader who'll forever think of himself
as a hero, but he hates the fact that he'll never be above the law because he was President for four years.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ Mocking ideas and the "logic" used to arrive at them is permitted.  Mocking other WP members is not.

It is now after 16:00 Philippine Standard Time, which means it is past 00:00 on Wednesday morning in the "Lower 48" with no news yet of Mr. Trump's arrest.

Apparently, Mr. Trump has lied again.

:roll: How could we expect anything else?

It was mocking me personally.
How can't you see that? :scratch:

I will explain it to you:
I was presented as someone whinging in a childish way.
I hope we are on the same page now. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Why shouldn't Trump?

I was surprised to see a grown-ass man who constantly proclaims himself to be rational and logical relying on the sort of logic only a 6 year would use. SMFH.

BINGO!
You have just validated my point to Fnord. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:14 pm

Has Trump been arrested?
"Are we there yet?" :mrgreen:

Some think Trump is simply drumming up martyr status.
That would be in line with his "box of tricks".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:22 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
"Pumpkin" should be placed in a high-security mental hospital instead of a high-security prison. :evil:

Regardless of where he'll end up at, he's a cult leader who'll forever think of himself
as a hero, but he hates the fact that he'll never be above the law because he was President for four years.

Let's not be hyperpartisan here.
Trump is a POLITICIAN, hence has a tendency, by nature, to be corrupt.
Ambitious ppl seek power.
And: "Power corrupts...Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely."
I bet you have never heard that before. :mrgreen:
I doubt there are enough "mental hospitals" in existence to cater for ALL the questionable politicians.

Trump is bad for Ammmmmerian social harmony.
There is no doubt about that.
The sooner he leaves politics, the better, IMO. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:38 pm

Pepe wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth, Pepe! 8)
"Pumpkin" turned the US into a laughingstock.

On another note IMO, many should give members of the GOP who serve in Congress who have turned their backs on "Pumpkin" (and turned their backs on fellow GOP members of Congress who have their heads stuck back in 2020) some admiration.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:54 pm

Manhattan grand jury to reconvene as early as Thursday

Quote:
The Manhattan grand jury weighing charges against former President Donald Trump in connection to the Stormy Daniels hush payment investigation is not meeting on Wednesday, sources told ABC News. The earliest the grand jury would reconvene is Thursday, sources said.

The grand jurors were called Wednesday morning and told they were not needed during the day as scheduled, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News. The grand jurors were told to be prepared to reconvene on Thursday when it’s possible they will hear from at least one additional witness, the sources said.

Sudden Cancellation of Trump Grand Jury Sparks Wave of Theories
Quote:
peculation is mounting after the grand jury in the Manhattan case involving Donald Trump's alleged hush money payment to former adult film actress Stormy Daniels did not meet Wednesday.

The jury typically meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, but for an unknown reason it did not meet today. High-ranking law enforcement officials told Business Insider that even if the jury reconvenes Thursday, a vote on a possible indictment of Trump by week's end remains unlikely.

"We can't confirm or comment on grand jury matters," a spokesperson for the Manhattan district attorney's office told Newsweek.

Trump attorney Joe Tacopina told Newsweek that he had no comment on the matter.

Paula Reid, the senior legal affairs correspondent for CNN, said earlier Wednesday that prosecutors continue to be in touch with an unspecified witness. "They signal they're leaving the door open for that witness to potentially come back before the grand jury to give additional testimony," she said.

It is unclear whether the grand jury has completed its investigation.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti tweeted that the public record remains limited on information, essentially causing confusion about what to make of the grand jury not meeting.

"Based on what we know publicly, there are plenty of loose ends that prosecutors may need to tie up, so delay is not all that surprising," he said.

Attorney Bradley Moss told people to "chill," tweeting that it "could be any number of issues that led to a delay."

On his Tuesday show, NewsNation host Leland Vittert aired a segment inquiring whether the worst thing besides indicting and arresting a former president is having the grand jury come back with a "not guilty" verdict.

"Bragg cancels grand jury meeting today—is Bragg looking for an off-ramp as we predicted last night?" Vittert tweeted Wednesday

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 Mar 2023, 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:58 pm

Pepe wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth, Pepe! 8)
"Pumpkin" turned the US into a laughingstock.

And Uncle Joe finished off the comedy act. :mrgreen:
But to be klear, I'd rather a Democratic government but without "Sleepy Joe" and "Kackling Kamala".

On another note IMO, many should give members of the GOP who serve in Congress who have turned their backs on "Pumpkin" (and turned their backs on fellow GOP members of Congress who have their heads stuck back in 2020) some admiration.

After 1/6, the Orange Man lost a lot of support.
Hopefully, that means someone else in the GOP will take over for the next Presidential election.
But to be klear, since the main contender seems to also be isolationist in nature, I would still prefer a Democratic win in the next Presidential election.
Australian and Ukrainian sovereignty might depend on it.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 8:13 pm

impatiently drumming fingers on table... :lol:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.