Mass shooting at Nashville Christian elementary school

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm

Seven dead: three children killed plus the shooter dead at The Covenant School on Monday

Quote:
Seven people are dead — including three children — at The Covenant School on Monday morning after a shooting inside the building.

Three adult staff members are also dead.

"Three pediatric patients were transported to Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, all having suffered gunshot wounds. All three were pronounced dead after arrival," officials said.

The shooting happened at 10:13 a.m. The shooting didn't happen in a classroom.

"Officers went to the gunfire. When they got to the second floor and saw the shooter, a female. There was a five-member unit that was on the second floor at the time," MNPD spokesperson Don Aaron said. "We know at this point that this shooter is a female and appears to be in her teens. Her identification isn't confirmed. She had two assault rifles and a handgun. She entered the school through a side entrance and went from the first school to the second floor. By 10:27 a.m., the shooter was dead."

Five others were wounded: three children and two adults. There were no MNPD personnel assigned to that building at any time.

The school is a private Christian school in Nashville for PreSchool through 6th grade. Last year, the school ran an active shooter training program.

Update: Now they are say the shooter was a 28 old woman from Nashville

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 27 Mar 2023, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 12:55 pm

Again.

Here come the thoughts, prayers, and relaxed gun sales policies so that there can be more guns in the hands of good guys because clearly that's the solution that keeps on solving this same problem despite the fact that it recurs frequently.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Mar 2023, 2:01 pm

Female mass shooters are rare, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. It is clear that in the US its far too easy for people mentally unfit to possess a firearm to obtain them. May the victims RIP

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:22 pm

Nothing much Americans do shocks me anymore. But a female shooter...how bad must it be over there for a woman to go that far? Statistically, mentally unwell women are more likely to harm themselves than others.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:24 pm

The police chief is saying the shooter appears to be a former student who was identified via a car near the school.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 27 Mar 2023, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:25 pm

Jeez.

A lot of people have grudges against their schools don't they. What is going wrong in schools...

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:25 pm

The never ending cycle is still going strong. I’ll never blame a non-American for making fun of us for our gun issues.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:31 pm

I'm not making fun of you, I'm horrified. It's like you want to wipe each other out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:47 pm

KitLily wrote:
I'm not making fun of you, I'm horrified. It's like you want to wipe each other out.

No no no, haven't you seen the news? Their gun rights make them safer!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:49 pm

KitLily wrote:
Jeez.

A lot of people have grudges against their schools don't they. What is going wrong in schools...

Of course it is too soon to know what if anything happened to her in the school or in the church.

I hated school but shooting it up was never even a thought. I was just so happy to be done with it to think of not only shooting it up but killing people who had nothing to do with my troubles 17 years after I graduated.

Not assault rifles but there were guns at home. What was completely different then is that I had no examples to copy from.

This song was about female school shooter. The shooter who was teenager at the time(1979) shot at an elementary school from her home across the street. She killed the principle, the custodian, wounded eight students, and a cop. She told a reporter she did it because “I don’t like Mondays, it livens up the day”

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 27 Mar 2023, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm

Anti social types usually take it out on the school they are currently attending.

If the perp was a "former student" then it must have been at least three schools ago that he attended the place since its an elementary school (if he is old enough to drive he must be either an adult or in high school). Just seems a bit odd. Though yes...the Sandy Hook shooter never went to that school at all I suppose.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:55 pm

On CNN someone was talking about extra security at schools. The same ol’ stuff that’s said after every one of these and it just keeps happening.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 5:25 pm

The information about the suspect is going to be upsetting to some members. This is public information you will probably hear about from other sources.

Audrey Hale: Former student left map and manifesto after shooting six at Nashville Christian school

Quote:
She had shot open a side door before opening fire on students and staff with two assault-style rifles and a handgun.

Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said Hale was not believed to have any previous criminal record.

He said a “manifesto” and a map of the school grounds showing entrances had been found at her home.

Asked at a press conference whether there was anything found in a police search of Hale’s apartment that could have suggested a motive for such a horrific crime, Chief Drake said: “We have a manifesto, we have some writings we’re going over that pertain to this day, the actual incident.

“We have a map drawn out of how this was all going to take place.

“There’s right now a theory that we may be able to talk about later but it’s not confirmed, and so we’ll put that out as soon as we can.”

Hale reportedly identified as transgender and used the pronouns he / him. In answer to a question as to whether this might have any bearing on a motive, Chief Drake said: “There is some theory to that. We’re investigating all the leads and once we know exactly, we will let you know.”

He said that the attack was targeted.

Chief Drake added that while there was no known history of mental illness, it was a lead that was being investigated.

He also said Hale had been considering targeting another location – which was not identified – but had apparently decided not to because of the level of security around it.

“Right now we believe it was a lone assailant, and we don’t anticipate any further damage at this time.”

The killer’s name was released as the six victims were also identified.

Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs and William Kinney, all aged 9, were fatally shot.

Katherine Koonce, age 60, and Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both age 61, were also among the six victims.

Koonce is listed on The Covenant School’s website as “head of school.”

Hill was a school custodian, and Peak was a substitute teacher, according to law enforcement officials speaking to reporters on 27 March.

Nashville school shooter ID’d as Audrey Hale
Quote:
A Linkedin profile listed Audrey Hale as an Illustrator and graphic designer, with pronouns listed as he/him.

Hale, who had also started to go by the name Aiden, was shot dead by police on site at 10:27 a.m.

A Tik Tok account under the name iam_aiden10 which linked to other social media associated with Hale had a final video posted of a person’s shadow, which showed them bouncing a basketball and then a basketball net, an apparent tribute to a friend who had passed.

On the screen, it displayed the words: “For Syd. I look up the sky is bright. It’s a beautiful day. I wish you were here…”

In online profiles, Hale is listed as having attended the Nossi College of Art and most recently worked as a shopper for Shipt, a grocery delivery service.

Another local said they had seen the shooter yesterday and that she lived at the home with her mother Norma, who works at a church nearby, and father Ron, who is self-employed.

They described Hale as reserved and spoke very little and said she has a brother in law school in Brooklyn.

The source told The Post: “The parents are very nice people, especially Norma. We’re just shocked. We would see the daughter from time to time, she was very reserved, and very quiet.

“She would just park her car and go inside. She didn’t say much at all.”

Editors Note:
Transgender identity is one of the most controversial issues in America right now. That the shooter was reportedly transgender(many sources are stating flat out that she was transgender) will be causing all sorts of emotional reactions.

I am sure the description of her that "she was very reserved, and very quiet" has many of us thinking the same thing.
Let's be cautious and careful and talk about things that have been confirmed.

I will be requesting the moderators keep an eye on this thread.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 5:51 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The information about the suspect is going to be upsetting to some members. This is public information you will probably hear about from other sources.

Audrey Hale: Former student left map and manifesto after shooting six at Nashville Christian school
Quote:
She had shot open a side door before opening fire on students and staff with two assault-style rifles and a handgun.

Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said Hale was not believed to have any previous criminal record.

He said a “manifesto” and a map of the school grounds showing entrances had been found at her home.

Asked at a press conference whether there was anything found in a police search of Hale’s apartment that could have suggested a motive for such a horrific crime, Chief Drake said: “We have a manifesto, we have some writings we’re going over that pertain to this day, the actual incident.

“We have a map drawn out of how this was all going to take place.

“There’s right now a theory that we may be able to talk about later but it’s not confirmed, and so we’ll put that out as soon as we can.”

Hale reportedly identified as transgender and used the pronouns he / him. In answer to a question as to whether this might have any bearing on a motive, Chief Drake said: “There is some theory to that. We’re investigating all the leads and once we know exactly, we will let you know.”

He said that the attack was targeted.

Chief Drake added that while there was no known history of mental illness, it was a lead that was being investigated.

He also said Hale had been considering targeting another location – which was not identified – but had apparently decided not to because of the level of security around it.

“Right now we believe it was a lone assailant, and we don’t anticipate any further damage at this time.”

The killer’s name was released as the six victims were also identified.

Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs and William Kinney, all aged 9, were fatally shot.

Katherine Koonce, age 60, and Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both age 61, were also among the six victims.

Koonce is listed on The Covenant School’s website as “head of school.”

Hill was a school custodian, and Peak was a substitute teacher, according to law enforcement officials speaking to reporters on 27 March.

Nashville school shooter ID’d as Audrey Hale
Quote:
A Linkedin profile listed Audrey Hale as an Illustrator and graphic designer, with pronouns listed as he/him.

Hale, who had also started to go by the name Aiden, was shot dead by police on site at 10:27 a.m.

A Tik Tok account under the name iam_aiden10 which linked to other social media associated with Hale had a final video posted of a person’s shadow, which showed them bouncing a basketball and then a basketball net, an apparent tribute to a friend who had passed.

On the screen, it displayed the words: “For Syd. I look up the sky is bright. It’s a beautiful day. I wish you were here…”

In online profiles, Hale is listed as having attended the Nossi College of Art and most recently worked as a shopper for Shipt, a grocery delivery service.

Another local said they had seen the shooter yesterday and that she lived at the home with her mother Norma, who works at a church nearby, and father Ron, who is self-employed.

They described Hale as reserved and spoke very little and said she has a brother in law school in Brooklyn.

The source told The Post: “The parents are very nice people, especially Norma. We’re just shocked. We would see the daughter from time to time, she was very reserved, and very quiet.

“She would just park her car and go inside. She didn’t say much at all.”
sounds as if the side door was unlocked for some reason. C’mon now!

I’m sure Fox News is having a field day with the whole transgender angle. I hate to give them credit for anything, but this does make “the left” look bad.

Not that the right looks any better, bc they’re the ones who’ve enabled this gun culture which is a big reason why this happens so frequently.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 8:14 pm

NBC News Live Updates

Quote:
Conflicting information about shooter’s gender identity
As details about the suspect in Monday’s school shooting emerged, there was conflicting information about the assailant’s gender identity.

Nashville police said the accused Covenant School shooter was a transgender woman.

Chief John Drake said officials “feel that she identifies as trans, but we’re still in the initial investigation into all of that and if it actually played a role into this incident.”

Audrey Hale’s LinkedIn page, which indicates activity roughly a month ago and includes a job history updated 10 months ago, uses “he/him” pronouns.

Bill Campbell, a headmaster of The Covenant School from 2004 to 2008, said that he remembers Hale as third-grader at the school in 2005 and a fourth-grader in 2006.

“I’ve looked back in my annuals, and I do remember her as a former student,” Campbell said. “She was just one of our young ladies.”

Hale is not included Cambell’s yearbooks after that, Campbell said, and he believes the student may have transferred to another institution.

A sense of 'resentment' might have fueled deadly attack
Nashville police said a sense of "resentment" might have played a role in a 28-year-old's deadly attack on a former school.

"There's some belief that there was some resentment for having to go to that school," Police Chief John Drake told Lester Holt of NBC News. "Don't have all the details to that just yet and that's why this incident occurred."

While Hale might have targeted The Covenant School, Drake stopped short of saying the shooter was going after any specific people.

"She targeted random students in the school. ... Whoever she came in contact with, she fired rounds," Drake said.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 9:09 pm

And many on the right who claim that "the left is coming for our guns!" are the same ones who claim that "the left is oppressing Christians".

And even though Christians were killed by someone who may or may not have bern trans, I bet the right does nothing.

It is possible, however, if the shooter was indeed trans, that it could have been in retaliation for the anti-drag law signed last month. Since he became governor, Bill Lee has been driving a once great state into the abyss.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!