Calls for Joe Biden to submit to a cognitive test

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:17 pm

Quote:
Former presidential physician renews calls for Joe Biden to submit to a cognitive test or retract his bid for re-election

A former White House physician to three US presidents has told Sky News Australia Joe Biden is experiencing rapid mental decline and voiced deep concern over his bid to possibly remain in the country's top job until 2028.
Amy Landsey

May 5, 2023

Quote:
A former White House physician has expressed concern over US President Joe Biden’s plan to run for the country’s top job again, citing fears over his rapidly declining cognitive ability.

Congressman Ronny Jackson – who served as the physician to the president for five years until 2018 – spoke to Sky News Australia Digital Presenter Madeleine Hale to outline his concerns about Mr Biden’s capacity to run the country.

Having personally treated former presidents George Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump, Mr Jackson said he was “really familiar with what it takes” to serve as Commander in Chief and Head of State in the US government.

Quote:
A former White House physician has expressed concern over US President Joe Biden’s plan to run for the country’s top job again, citing fears over his rapidly declining cognitive ability.

Congressman Ronny Jackson – who served as the physician to the president for five years until 2018 – spoke to Sky News Australia Digital Presenter Madeleine Hale to outline his concerns about Mr Biden’s capacity to run the country.

Having personally treated former presidents George Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump, Mr Jackson said he was “really familiar with what it takes” to serve as Commander in Chief and Head of State in the US government.
Ronny Jackson served as personal physician to three presidents, including Donald Trump. Picture: AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File
Ronny Jackson served as personal physician to three presidents, including Donald Trump. Picture: AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File
He also served President Barack Obama. Picture: AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta
He also served President Barack Obama. Picture: AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta

“I've worked side by side with him for decades, and he doesn't have what it takes,” Mr Jackson said of President Biden.

“I don't know what's going on, but he's got some issues related to his age, some cognitive decline.

“He's confused most of the time. He doesn't know where he's at or what he's doing. He slurs his speech. He shuffles when he walks.”

Mr Jackson has led several previous calls for the 80-year-old to take a cognitive test, which his administration has so far refused to allow.

“I don't think he would come anywhere close to passing any type of cognitive assessment,” he said.

“I think that that's why they don't do it. I think that they know that he would fail miserably, and that's why they're refusing to do this.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/g ... erallPos=2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:37 pm

Maybe they could subject both him and Trump to a cognitive test, and the later to a mental health test as well.

And maybe both will be disqualified.

And US politics would be able to start again with a clean slate.

Maybe we will even be able to replace both with...Bernie Sanders! Who is older than either of them. Lol!

Just Googled it.

Sanders b. 1941, Biden 42, Trump 46.

Apparently Sanders is only a year older than Biden who is four years older than Trump.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:55 pm

Trump is more compos mentis than Biden but a total narcissist.
Pass on both of them.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 12:01 am

Are they ever going to investigate the SA allegations against Biden which were pushed aside when he was running for election last time, or does he get a free pass on that just because?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 1:58 am

Hmm . . .

:chin:

Maybe ALL presidential, vice-presidential, congressional, and judicial candidates should be given complete mental-health screenings before they are allowed to put their names on the ballot.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 2:01 am

Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

Biden has always had a tendency to wander verbally and mentally, and I see nothing new about this. And yet his list of accomplishments is virtually unparalleled by any other modern President. I have yet to see any real evidence that he's in mental decline. Trump, on the other hand, was seen as rapidly declining into dementia by his own henchman, Steve Bannon, who had been axed for talking about removing Trump from office.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 3:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

Biden has always had a tendency to wander verbally and mentally, and I see nothing new about this. And yet his list of accomplishments is virtually unparalleled by any other modern President. I have yet to see any real evidence that he's in mental decline. Trump, on the other hand, was seen as rapidly declining into dementia by his own henchman, Steve Bannon, who had been axed for talking about removing Trump from office.

In your dreams.
BTW, Can I have some of what you are taking? :scratch: :mrgreen:

What needs to happen is that they find someone other than Biden.
A LOT of Democrats have no faith in him, either.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 3:39 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

In your dreams.

Those Democrats have concerns about Biden's age, fearing he may die in office, and not so much concerned about competency. But the fact remains, he's far more competent than Trump, and not that much different in age. If it comes down to Biden and Trump again, the country will go for Biden, as they did the last time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 4:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

In your dreams.

Those Democrats have concerns about Biden's age, fearing he may die in office, and not so much concerned about competency. But the fact remains, he's far more competent than Trump, and not that much different in age. If it comes down to Biden and Trump again, the country will go for Biden, as they did the last time.

The bottom line is: You need to find someone better than Biden. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 4:42 am

Uh-huh.. the same doctor that declared trumplestiltskin as the fittest man to ever be potus.. meanwhile we all remember Barrack Obama. And GWB, Bill Clinton, hell, Jimmy Carter etc.

Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

Fake news.
He glitches all the time.
It's just that left wing media shows trump in his glitching moments, and right wing media shows every moment biden glitches.
Media bias.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 5:15 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Uh-huh.. the same doctor that declared trumplestiltskin as the fittest man to ever be potus.. meanwhile we all remember Barrack Obama. And GWB, Bill Clinton, hell, Jimmy Carter etc.

Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

Fake news.
It's just that left wing media shows trump in his glitching moments, and right wing media shows every moment biden glitches.
Media bias.

Biden's cognitive issues are ALL over the media.
Dood, this isn't hyperpartisanship.

Are you SERIOUSLY saying there couldn't be a better Democratic representative than Biden?
This discussion is over if THAT is your position. :lmao:

If I didn't know better, I would think you were tolling me. 8O

"Let us agree to disagree." 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 5:21 am

Pepe wrote:
Are you SERIOUSLY saying there couldn't be a better Democratic representative than Biden?
Are you SERIOUSLY chiding Goldy for offering no alternate Democrat when you offer no alternate Democrat either?

Pot/Kettle/Black, eh?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 5:26 am

Really, if it only takes someone like Biden who is apparently hated, to push Trump out of office, it shows what a useless waste of space Trump is. If people constantly pick holes in Biden, who is worth 1000 Trumps, what does that say about Trump?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 6:43 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Pepe wrote:
Pass on both of them.

Fake news.
Media bias.

Biden's cognitive issues are ALL over the media.
Dood, this isn't hyperpartisanship.

This discussion is over if THAT is your position. :lmao:

If I didn't know better, I would think you were tolling me. 8O

"Let us agree to disagree." 8)

Where do you get this exaggerated hysteria from?

I dont see it being "all over the media".

He has strong record of accomplishments to run on.

Age is an issue. So the two (record and age)kinda cancel out and Democrats are kinda lukewarm about him. But theyre not screaming to get rid of him.

What foreign policy "blunders" has he made?

The only "blunder" was Afghanistan, which wasnt a blunder because it was a problem with no solution. No one has ever put forth any "better ideas" for alternate courses of action in Afghanistan (stay there forever, or pull out slower- which would have resulted in the same fiasco because a slow pullout would have signaled defeat and caused the same encouragement of the Taliban and the same panic in our friends in the country).The only options were different fiascos to choose from.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 7:31 am

Seems like a good idea to include this screening as part of the requirements for being Pres.
How about Robert Kennedy Jr for next Dem. Pres??? https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/demo ... d/1118817/

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 9:42 am

He needs a cognitive test. Trump and Harris should also get one as well.