Prince Harry, Meghan Markle in car chase involving paparazzi

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 1:32 pm

Hasn't anyone told these photographers that these two aren't even royalty anymore ? They retired and left the family business. Just leave them be already.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 2:37 pm

^ It's supply and demand, if the photo agencies weren't offering silly money for photographs, paps wouldn't be doing stupid things to get the photo. Sadly the price for Harry & Meghan photos is only going to increase due to rumours they are splitting up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 4:27 pm

I think in a weird way, Harry/Meghan are carrying the legacy of Diana.

Diana was the people's princess. No matter what the royal family did (and in particular Charles) her popularity soared.
Harry/Meghan on the other hand have become something of a laughing stock. But frustratingly for the royals they also suck the oxygen from any royal event. Even the coronation ended up being about Harry.

So they have that in common. Harry/Meghan have become magnets of media attention because the public want to know their adventures (or misadventures in the case of Meghan).

Moving forward they are in serious danger of being stalked
https://nypost.com/2023/05/17/stalker-b ... me-report/

At some point Charles has to consider the safety of his son/grandkids from the papparazi and from a future nutjob obsessed with Meghan.

I find it amusing watching so many conservative commentators wrapping themselves up in knots over Meghan being a failed actress attracting so much attention. But I do hope Meghan and family stay safe. It's a dangerous game they are playing. Harry (it seems) is fighting another war,

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 3:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
... Meghan being a failed actress ...

A bit off topic, but how do they get to "failed?" She was on a hugely popular show, was as much a fixture of local celebrity culture as any other popular actress, and only stopped acting because she was getting serious with Harry. The show would have loved to keep her, but she choose to leave. Not J Lo A+ level, but far from failed.