Illinois legislator violent threat: All Gender bathroom bill

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:10 am

Nades wrote:
My bad I just read it properly. Finally on my break.

Anyway. This is really stupid legislation.

Lawful excuse to have a penis out in front of kids and women and all the privacy one could want....what could go wrong?

The stalls are a token gesture. It gives men an excuse to do what they like with only word Vs word as evidence.

How on earth is this going to work out in nightclubs full of drunk people?

Do people normally expose their junk to everyone in the bathroom?

Clearly I've been doing things wrong my whole life if that's normal. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:12 am

I always wondered what men’s restrooms were like. :lol:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Lawful excuse to have a penis out in front of kids and women and all the privacy one could want....what could go wrong?

The stalls are a token gesture. It gives men an excuse to do what they like with only word Vs word as evidence.

The whole point is they can and what exactly can anyone do about it if this bill passes? Literally nothing.

What's stopping me exposing an erection to women in these places? It's not like I walked into a woman's restroom and was caught on CCTV leaving shortly after and will no doubt have some explaining to if the police get involved.

In this case I would have walked into a place were I'm perfectly allowed and showed my erection to a woman and I have no explaining to do because I had legal excuse to be there with my penis out.

Why isn't this legal issue obvious?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:57 am

Bathrooms aren’t the problem. If people are going to expose themselves or engage in other abusive behavior, they’ll just do it elsewhere.

Many places in the world have gender neutral bathrooms.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:11 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Bathrooms aren’t the problem. If people are going to expose themselves or engage in other abusive behavior, they’ll just do it elsewhere.

Many places in the world have gender neutral bathrooms.

They are the problem now though because a massive legal blind spot is made in doing so.

And yes this is the case where gender neutral bathrooms are common around the world but generally they're smaller, single toilet units and also, perhaps a lot of women avoid them in the first place and always have?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:22 am

Nades wrote:
also, perhaps a lot of women avoid them in the first place and always have?

Or perhaps you're pulling things out of your rear-end.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:23 am

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

If there was a gender neutral bathroom around when I needed to use it, I’d use it, and I’m a woman.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:39 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

How? In countries were these toilets are, they often have segregated ones too like here in the UK. Even I prefer to use the segregated ones because they're usually better even if I have the option.

I also find this whole urinating in public toilets very strange. I spend about 5 minutes per month taking leaks in them and not many people in general spend a lot of time in them. Why is taking a wizz in mixed sex toilet such a massive deal to the trans community when it takes such a small amount of people's time?

WP might as well have a wizzing in public toilets sticky. This and trans women in sports seem to be an extraordinarily large focal point on the debate and genuinely has me stumped.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:42 am

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

How? In countries were these toilets are, they often have segregated ones too like here in the UK. Even I prefer to use the segregated ones because they're usually better even if I have the option.

I also find this whole urinating in public toilets very strange. I spend about 5 minutes per month taking leaks in them and not many people in general spend a lot of time in them. Why is taking a wizz in mixed sex toilet such a massive deal to the trans community when it takes such a small amount of people's time?

WP might as well have a wizzing in public toilets sticky. This and trans women in sports seem to be an extraordinarily large focal point on the debate and genuinely has me stumped.

If you're claiming women don't use unisex bathrooms you should substantiate it or be prepared to have that claim called unsubstantiated.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:45 am

Nades wrote:
Why is taking a wizz in mixed sex toilet such a massive deal to the trans community when it takes such a small amount of people's time?

It’s symbolic. People should be able to use bathrooms that align with their gender identity OR there should be gender neutral bathrooms.

Having to use a bathroom that is clearly marked Men or Women could be triggering for some people, especially when they’ve faced other forms of discrimination.

Single, stand-alone bathrooms are preferable IMO. I like more privacy - no matter the possible gender(s) involved, but that’s not always feasible due to space and cost.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 10:00 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Why is taking a wizz in mixed sex toilet such a massive deal to the trans community when it takes such a small amount of people's time?

It’s symbolic. People should be able to use bathrooms that align with their gender identity OR there should be gender neutral bathrooms.

Having to use a bathroom that is clearly marked Men or Women could be triggering for some people, especially when they’ve faced other forms of discrimination.

Single, stand-alone bathrooms are preferable IMO. I like more privacy - no matter the possible gender(s) involved, but that’s not always feasible due to space and cost.

That last part is important though. If that's not possible it seems to be that others will have to be imposed upon with who they do their business around.

I also see more convo here about trans public toilet issues than trans employment laws and considering a job takes up 40 hours a week of time for many people compared to public toilets who many only use for minutes ever month, blows my mind.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 11:31 am

eating a meal can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours- let's say 1.5/12 or so out of 12 daylight hours. And yet people complain about food standards and quality. What's the big deal? It takes so little time!

(satire meant to provoke thought as an analogy)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:02 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

The whole point is they can and what exactly can anyone do about it if this bill passes? Literally nothing.

What's stopping me exposing an erection to women in these places? It's not like I walked into a woman's restroom and was caught on CCTV leaving shortly after and will no doubt have some explaining to if the police get involved.

In this case I would have walked into a place were I'm perfectly allowed and showed my erection to a woman and I have no explaining to do because I had legal excuse to be there with my penis out.

Thanks for sharing what kind of man you are.. I guess?

Even in a cis gendered male labelled bathroom, it would still be downright bizarre to see some guy walking around with his boner out while heading to the sink to wash his hands. Wtf? Who does that? Apparently you ? :?

Why would any guy have a “legal right,” to show off his erect junk at the sink? ?

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:24 pm

Nades wrote:

I'm sorry, but this argument is genuinely idiotic. You can't show people your dick in shared spaces in a bathroom. I don't know what men do in their bathroom, but from my understanding they still don't walk around away from urinals with their cock out, and women don't walk around outside the stalls with their pants down. It'll still be illegal to f*****g purposely expose yourself to people in a bathroom just like it currently is, and CCTV will still exist to catch people going in and out of bathrooms to do sketchy s**t just like they already do with drug users and people stealing. I still can't believe people are this paranoid and also incapable of fully comprehending + thinking through anything involving this s**t, especially full grown adults.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Thanks for sharing what kind of man you are.. I guess?

Even in a cis gendered male labelled bathroom, it would still be downright bizarre to see some guy walking around with his boner out while heading to the sink to wash his hands. Wtf? Who does that? Apparently you ? :?

Why would any guy have a “legal right,” to show off his erect junk at the sink? ?

It's an analogy, clearly.

Nobody has any right, it's as simple as that but burden of proof goes from the man to disprove if he walks into a female toilet to the woman to prove in the case of unisex toilets.

Currently, if someone got nabbed by the fluff for lude behaviour towards women in the toilets, it can be a simple open and shut case.

"We had a complaint you exposed your penis to a 19 year old woman in the toilets"

"Did I?"

"Yes, you were seen in CCTV entering the woman's toilets immediately after that 19 year old woman at 3:15 and you came out at 3:20, care to tell us why you went into the woman's toilets?"

"Ummmmmmm" *sweating profusely*

Compared to a large unisex toilet

"We had a complaint you showed your penis to a woman at the toilets"

"Oh really?"

"Did you enter the toilets immediately after that woman?"

"Yes"

Did you get your penis out at any point?"

"Yes, it's the toilets?"

Might she have seen it?"

"Might have, it's the toilets"

How is it even possible to really stick anything to a guy when you pretty much handed all the excuses he could ever need?

With the social taboo of "no men in women's toilets" it's easy to make the guy do all the explaining if he's in the women's toilets but with unisex toilets, you really need to go out of your way to come up with any evidence at all.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:29 pm

Fairfield wrote:
Nades wrote:

I'm sorry, but this argument is genuinely idiotic. You can't show people your dick in shared spaces in a bathroom. I don't know what men do in their bathroom, but from my understanding they still don't walk around away from urinals with their cock out, and women don't walk around outside the stalls with their pants down. It'll still be illegal to f*****g purposely expose yourself to people in a bathroom just like it currently is, and CCTV will still exist to catch people going in and out of bathrooms to do sketchy s**t just like they already do with drug users and people stealing. I still can't believe people are this paranoid and also incapable of fully comprehending + thinking through anything involving this s**t, especially full grown adults.

The evidence you needed to charge people is a guy being spotted on CCTV going into the woman's toilets and a complaint. In unisex, you just have the complaint on its own because he has every right to be following young women into a unisex toilets. Whether it's OK or not for him to have his dick out is irrelevant because the social taboo is gone.

Utterly unenforceable might as well be allowed as far as right, wrong and the law goes.

Good luck making any evidence stick if someone was walking around with an erection in front of women in a unisex toilet......because you won't.