Illinois legislator violent threat: All Gender bathroom bill

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 2:23 pm

People don’t follow people into gender neutral single bathrooms. Same for ones labeled “Family,” etc.

Why would someone follow someone into a stall differently if there’s a shared hand washing area?

These sorts of washrooms already exist in the world and people don’t do that. About the only time more than one person might enter a stall is consensual couples deciding to hookup in a toilet stall. (Gross, I don’t get the appeal.) But there is no epidemic of guys suddenly deciding to display nekked boners while making their way from the stall to the sink.. wtf? Why would you expect this to happen? :?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 3:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
People don’t follow people into gender neutral single bathrooms. Same for ones labeled “Family,” etc.

Why would someone follow someone into a stall differently if there’s a shared hand washing area?

These sorts of washrooms already exist in the world and people don’t do that. About the only time more than one person might enter a stall is consensual couples deciding to hookup in a toilet stall. (Gross, I don’t get the appeal.) But there is no epidemic of guys suddenly deciding to display nekked boners while making their way from the stall to the sink.. wtf? Why would you expect this to happen? :?

But you're still not understanding my point. People here are assuming it won't happen but my point is that it makes it much harder to deal with if it does happen. Once the social taboo and "it's a big no no" is taken away and replaced with legal rights, the onus and burden of proof that something bad happened in a toilet will always be on the woman whereas now all it takes is CCTV of a man entering the toilets with a woman and her complaint. Almost all biggish establishments have CCTV monitoring the toilet entrances.

Likewise, men could get falsely accused a lot easier especially if alcohol is involved.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 4:03 pm

There are lots of ways men and women could find themselves in a secluded spot together. I’ve seen a man when I was out hiking alone. If he had a boner, I didn’t see it; it remained concealed. He could’ve pulled one out and no one would know about it, except for me. It would be impossible to prove.

At any rate, I’ve not heard any issues involving gender neutral bathrooms. It doesn’t mean they won’t happen. Problems happen everywhere. Most people are decent, though.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 4:12 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
There are lots of ways men and women could find themselves in a secluded spot together. I’ve seen a man when I was out hiking alone. If he had a boner, I didn’t see it; it remained concealed. He could’ve pulled one out and no one would know about it, except for me. It would be impossible to prove.

At any rate, I’ve not heard any issues involving gender neutral bathrooms. It doesn’t mean they won’t happen. Problems happen everywhere. Most people are decent, though.

Indeed it would have been very difficult to prove anything, almost impossible but a toilet has a much higher number of people, many drunk depending on the establishment and all with their pants down at some point in very close proximity, cubicle or not.

It's got bad idea written all over it. I went into a woman's toilets once when drunk in a nightclub, they certainly didn't want me in it but weirdly a gay friend had no issues.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 4:18 pm

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Indeed it would have been very difficult to prove anything, almost impossible but a toilet has a much higher number of people, many drunk depending on the establishment and all with their pants down at some point in very close proximity, cubicle or not.

It's got bad idea written all over it. I went into a woman's toilets once when drunk in a nightclub, they certainly didn't want me in it but weirdly a gay friend had no issues.

I think I’ll continue avoiding nightclubs. 8O

It really doesn’t take much effort to pull one’s pants down on occasions outside of restrooms. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I don’t understand why people are hyperfocusing on this possibility. Lude conduct happens everywhere, and it often goes unreported.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 6:43 pm

Just remember, every unfounded accusation is a confession. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 6:48 pm

I disagree with Nades’ stance, but I think his intentions are good.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 11:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
...Like, really, is having segregated by gender washrooms the only thing stopping you from sexually assaulting people ? Because that’s how it’s coming across and it’s pretty creepy and concerning.

Legit. This crap just makes people seem either excessively paranoid or excessively creepy, or both. My first thought isn't immediately "omfg men are going to just sexually assault women left and right because they are going to wash their hands next to each other!!1!111!! !" because I have no desire to do that s**t, know no one is flashing me or raping me in bathrooms as-is, and that most of the population has at least a modicum of self control and that living in fear of the very small percentage of people that may somehow take advantage of this is ridiculous.

Life isn't as scary as people and the media make it out to be, and I'm completely comfortable sharing a bathroom with the opposite sex since most people I meet on a daily basis are just normal people minding their own damn business, and the possibility of me getting diddled while washing my hands in a co-ed washroom is so low on the things that can f**k my day over that it's negligible.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 1:11 am

:lol: :heart: