Saudies and Iran to form "joint navy"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 1:04 pm

Supposedly Iran (and its allies) and the Saudies and its allies have secretly agreed merge their navies to guard the Persian Gulf (to boot the US out?).

Only Iran has confirmed this.

Iran and the Saudies forming a joint navy would be like Biden and Putin agreeing to create a joint US-Russian army. Ill believe when I see it. But if it ends the war in Yemen (one of the worst humanitarian crises in the world) that would be nice. Hope that they dont both turn on Israel.

https://youtu.be/4YND54_Xwqs

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 1:09 pm

I seriously doubt the Saudis are doing it to keep the US out, given the US had been deeply "allied" with them for a very long time. It could be totes wrong though. It would bring some major changes that they would definitely benefit from.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 1:04 am

If true it is because they figured we are too f****d up to be relied upon.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 1:13 am

Certainly didn't expect this would ever be a possibility when Dad was Operations Officer for SNEP-FIT at Little Creek in the 1980s.
Saudis are interesting folks.
Saudis have their own priorities.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 1:36 am

Yeah. The Saudies have been playing four dimensional chess for a long time. Being our loyal friends...while funding militant schools in Pakistan and allowing (even bankrolling) its citizens to ...hijack airliners to fly into our buildings.

On that map both parties to this naval marriage look to be about the same huge size. SA and Iran look as big as each other (both are bigger than places like Iraq and Syria combined, and both are dozens of times the size of Lebanon, or Israel).

But the map belies the huge power imbalance. SA is most empty desert. Iran has about ten times the population size of Saudi Arabia. They look the same size...but Iran had ten times the manpower. Thats why the Saudies are scared of Iran.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 2:28 am

"anything you can do i can do better"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 9:13 pm

mrpieceofwork wrote:
I seriously doubt the Saudis are doing it to keep the US out, given the US had been deeply "allied" with them for a very long time. It could be totes wrong though. It would bring some major changes that they would definitely benefit from.

I think the Saudis also anticipate their relationship of convenience based on oil is becoming less tenable.

Combined with:

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:32 am

What a terrifying idea, if true.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 2:49 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Well...if one POTUS (and his son in law)take bribes from you and happily put America in your pocket, and then the next POTUS is so moral that he sanctions you for sumpin petty...like killing a US citizen and cutting him up with hacksaws... it just...gets you all confused! :lol:

Poor Saudies. We just mess with their heads too much. Are we corrupt or not? Why cant we make up our minds? :lol: