Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 3:29 pm

9 wounded in mass shooting in Cleveland, police say

Quote:
Nine people were wounded in a mass shooting in downtown Cleveland early Sunday morning, authorities said. No deaths were reported.

A suspect has not been identified, police said.

The shooter opened fire toward a crowd of people exiting different nightclubs in the city's Warehouse District, where multiple officers were already stationed in the area as part of a regular police detail, authorities said at a news conference held at the scene on Sunday afternoon. Those officers responded "immediately" and rendered aid to the nine individuals struck by gunfire, according to Cleveland Police Chief Wayne Drummond.

The mass shooting happened at around 2:25 a.m. local time. Police said the victims include seven men and two women, whose ages range from 23 to 38 years old. Eight of them sustained injuries that were not considered life-threatening, while the condition one person, a man, was listed overnight as being in serious condition.

Hammond told reporters Sunday afternoon that investigators are actively investigating the mass shooting and following "some leads" in efforts to locate and arrest the suspect. They intend to share more information with the public about the nature of those leads later on, according to the police chief, who noted that there was no indication of any fight or altercation between the suspected shooter and nightclub patrons prior to the shooting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 12:26 pm

Seems people are doing copycat random shootings these days just to follow the trend to see if they can get away with it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 2:50 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Seems people are doing copycat random shootings these days just to follow the trend to see if they can get away with it.

That is the weird thing. With all the cameras and databases the vast vast majority do get arrested but it seems to not be much of a deterrent. Seems to be because who knows how many mass shootings there would be if most got away with it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2023, 10:02 pm

Suspect arrested in Cleveland shooting that wounded 9

Quote:
A 25-year-old man has been taken into custody in connection with a shooting over the weekend in downtown Cleveland that left nine people wounded, authorities confirmed.

The suspect was identified as Jaylon Jennings, a city of Cleveland spokesperson confirmed to CBS News on Tuesday. Jennings was detained by U.S. Marshals in the Ohio city of Lorain thanks to tips provided to investigators, police later tweeted. Lorain is located about 30 miles west of Cleveland.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by CBS affiliate WOIO-TV, a witness observed the gunman retrieving a "Glock firearm with an extended magazine" from the trunk of a car that was in a nearby parking lot. The suspect then did "deliberately approach his victims firing shots in their direction."

Police have not provided any information on a possible motive.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2023, 9:08 am

2nd man arrested in connection to Cleveland mass shooting

Quote:
Cleveland Police have confirmed a second person has been arrested in connection to the July 9 mass shooting in Cleveland’s Warehouse District.

Cleveland Police Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed an arrest warrant was issued June 15 for Kevin Raul Del Valle-Salaman, 24.

Lorain Police arrested Del Valle-Salaman on the same day, Ciaccia said.

Del Valle-Salaman is facing nine counts of complicity to commit murder, all first-degree felonies, according to Cleveland Municipal Court documents.