Militia members arrested for trying to start border war

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 11:12 am

Militia members wanted to ‘start a war’ at the border, murder migrants and Border Patrol agents: Prosecutors

Quote:
Two militia members who are accused of planning to shoot at Border Patrol agents and illegal immigrants in an effort to "start a war" at the southern border have been indicted by a federal grand jury.

Bryan Perry of Clarksville, Tennessee and Jonathan O’Dell of Warsaw, Missouri, have been charged in a 44-count indictment which alleges that the men planned to travel to Texas to shoot at illegal immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

According to the indictment, returned on May 30, the pair planned to murder any Border Patrol agents who attempted to stop them. The indictment charges them with seven counts of attempted murder of FBI agents and assault with a deadly weapon, three counts of assaulting FBI agents and 14 counts of using a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence.

The plot allegedly began in 2022, when the two men attempted to recruit other men to join their self-styled 2nd Amendment militia and launched a recruitment event to do so, before using O’Dell’s residence as a staging ground — collecting firearms, ammunition and other supplies.

Perry posted a number of videos online on TikTok, saying that Border Patrol was committing treason by allowing illegal immigrants into the U.S. and that the pair were "ready to go to war against this government." He also said they "were going out huntin’" and were leaving for the border in October. He also that "we're out to shoot to kill" and "our group is gonna go protect this country."

By that time, prosecutors say the men had six guns, 23 magazines filled with ammo, body armor, sniper rests, explosive mixtures and other supplies. Perry also had a conversation over the phone in which he said they were doing to "start a war," shoot people coming across the border and any "federal agents" who opposed them.

When the FBI moved to take them into custody, agents were shot at and several rounds hit the main vehicle. Prosecutors say that Perry fired 11 rounds from his rifle. Agents did not return fire and later secured their arrest

The two men are in federal custody without bond after they had separate detention hearings. A court found they pose a danger to the community.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 12:51 pm

Sadly, Abbott will pardon them, then throw them a parade.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 2:32 pm

You'd think that their first clue that they are f*****g morons would have been that their recruitment drive enlisted exactly zero more people to join their cause.

Also, I'm sure if they were on TikTok that they had access to google and could look up for themselves and see that migrants coming to the border as refugees are following an entirely legal process and that border guards processing them are not committing treason.

They're damned lucky the FBI didn't return fire as they'd have surely died in the desert. Idiots would have deserved it, too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 10:06 pm

Just putting it out there but how many men, women and children found dead on the US side of the border might be victims of these milita types and not Mexican cartels as is often alleged.

Unregistered illegal aliens would be prime targets for psychopathic hunting gangs who know full well there will be zero accountability or investigation.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-de ... cord-high/

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 7:31 pm

Imagine putting your life & liberty at risk to be a part of some shooting gang.

People be crazy...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 5:50 am

When I was 12 I saw an old war movie that had some American commando raiders in the deserts of North Africa trapped in a ravine between - a German Army camped on one side and an Italian army (Germany's Axis ally) on the other side. So at night our heroes shot a few shoots in both directions into both camps..and got the Germans and the Italians shooting at other...distracting both so that they -the commandos- could sneak out.

These guys must have seen one too many of those kind of movie scenes...didnt realize that migrants are mostly woman and children and are not an armed force...and so...figured that by shooting in both directions they could start a fire fight between migrants and border guards. Anyone ...with a piece of candy corn for a brain..can see that that would be a great idea!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 6:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
Just putting it out there but how many men, women and children found dead on the US side of the border might be victims of these milita types and not Mexican cartels as is often alleged.

Unregistered illegal aliens would be prime targets for psychopathic hunting gangs who know full well there will be zero accountability or investigation.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-de ... cord-high/

Thats possible. I saw a TV doc about an Anglo American hiker who got lost in the desert, and some drunken red neck guys in a car pretended to rescue him, invited him in the car, but then just taunted him, and tossed back out of the car into the desert because ...they assumed he was a Mexican migrant. So if adhoc groups of yahoos do that...then its not hard to believe that there maybe armed militias who make their business to murder migrants. And there are probably serial killers from both countries that victimize migrants at the border because of the lack of policing. We know that for years there has been a Mexican ripper type who seems to be being sheilded by corrupt Mexican authorities near the US border who murders migrant woman. There could by American Daumier types exploiting the lawlessness at the border as well.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 6:43 am

This is exactly why many on the right are so adamant about the 2nd Amendment. They want a race war.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2023, 9:50 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
This is exactly why many on the right are so adamant about the 2nd Amendment. They want a race war.

Is that the reason?

I thought most people advocated for, or defended the 2nd amendment because they want to be able to have gun ownership?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2023, 10:51 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
When I was 12 I saw an old war movie that had some American commando raiders in the deserts of North Africa trapped in a ravine between - a German Army camped on one side and an Italian army (Germany's Axis ally) on the other side. So at night our heroes shot a few shoots in both directions into both camps..and got the Germans and the Italians shooting at other...distracting both so that they -the commandos- could sneak out.

These guys must have seen one too many of those kind of movie scenes...didnt realize that migrants are mostly woman and children and are not an armed force...and so...figured that by shooting in both directions they could start a fire fight between migrants and border guards. Anyone ...with a piece of candy corn for a brain..can see that that would be a great idea!

I'm sure they know most migrants aren't armed men, but women and children. I can't imagine cowardly bullies like these daring to take on other men with guns, other than when they're sitting around, drinking and bragging.