Israel Tries to Identify Bodies - TRIGGER WARNING

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 8:40 pm

Engulfed in war, Israel turns to technology to identify burned, tortured bodies
By Sheri Walsh, Oct. 24, 2023 / 8:27 PM

Oct. 24 (UPI) -- The organization charged with identifying hundreds of unidentifiable burned and tortured bodies from the war in Israel is turning to advanced technology as the National Center of Forensic Medicine's director admits "not all bodies will be identified."

"I've been a forensic pathologist for over 30 years, so it's rare for anything to truly shock me," said Dr. Chen Kugel, the institute's director. "I witnessed it all, I scrutinized every detail, observing bodies subjected to horrifying abuse, from adults to children, in various states of decay. But nothing, nothing in my entire career, prepared me for the horrors we've seen since that fateful Black Saturday on October 7."

"It's unimaginable. It's evil incarnate," Kugel said, adding that volunteers often become visibly distressed.

"We found a father, embracing his little boy from a charred lump, both victims of close-range gunshots. The perpetrators didn't stop there; they burned the bodies and even wrapped iron wire around them. To call it 'cruelty' would be an understatement. It's a heinous crime against humanity, a chilling testament to the depths of human darkness."

"These are things we have not seen since the Nazis," said Col. Rabbi Ham Weisberg, head of the army's rabbinic division. "We are seeing trucks arriving with whole families inside -- grandparents, mothers, fathers and children -- and we are still collecting bodies from the roads, homes, playgrounds and fields where they were killed."

"Young girls, elderly women, raped ... Soldiers and citizens whose heads were chopped off," Weisberg said as he got choked up, adding that they have to use three methods to identify people.

The first is a loved one's visual identification. The second is dental records. And the third is DNA identification, which Weisberg said has been used in most cases because the bodies are so badly mutilated.

•••

Read the complete and unedited article  HERE .

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 9:51 pm

The clown squad will probably claim it's CGI or something.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 4:14 am

This is why I do not expect Israel to give in to worldwide demands for a cease fire, never mind a two state solution. This is why I expect Israel to attack Hezbollah, and ramp up the low level war they have been waging against Iran for years to a full scale war. It may not be tomorrow, it could be after if and when they are done with Hamas or the other way around. My feeling is the delay in invading Gaza is as much about the war cabinet disagreeing about the order the “preventative” wars then it is about the hostages.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 6:14 am

Not clicking on link, don't need too, it's not unimaginable for me.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 6:50 am

I can't help but look at this with skepticism considering the utter nonsense Israel's official twitter account posts and their use of weaponry banned by the Geneva Convention. Israel is, at its core, a colonizing terrorist state.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 9:01 am

Both sides of the conflict are going to have trouble identifying bodies.

It’s horrific and devastating either way.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 10:08 am

Readydaer wrote:
I can't help but look at this with skepticism considering the utter nonsense Israel's official twitter account posts and their use of weaponry banned by the Geneva Convention. Israel is, at its core, a colonizing terrorist state.

Clown squad detected.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Oct 2023, 10:29 am

! Cornflake wrote:
"Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited." - viewtopic.php?t=263570

It's enough hearing about and seeing the gruesome slaughter every day on news reports - there's no reason to post links to it here.

There's even less reason to troll posters.

Locked.