MN Supreme Court Won't Remove Trump From GOP Primary Ballot

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 8:10 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics/minnesota-14th-amendment-trump/index.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 6:47 pm

Bit of a weird ruling.. there's no state law that a disqualified candidate can't be on the ballot = kicking the can down the road for someone else to take the heat for, IMO.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 7:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Bit of a weird ruling.. there's no state law that a disqualified candidate can't be on the ballot = kicking the can down the road for someone else to take the heat for, IMO.

And there's always the write-in option. I would never use it because I don't trust myself to write in Seymour Butts or I.P. Freely.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 7:43 pm

Playing with fire, considering how many of his supporters already think the system is rigged. Beat him legitimately, or risk kicking off an actual insurrection.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 8:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Playing with fire, considering how many of his supporters already think the system is rigged. Beat him legitimately, or risk kicking off an actual insurrection.

1. The only think that because they're in a cult and believe his lies.

2. He was already beaten legitimately, and IF he's able to run he'll be beaten again. I don't think Americans are collectively stupid enough to re-elect a guy that plunged them $7.8 TRILLION further into debt in 4 years, never mind the 9873489379834876347843895437 other negative things about trump that at least half the population would have to overlook. Then there's the 20% of the world's covid deaths despite having 5% of the population, abortion rights being pulled, and countless other fuckups. Biden could be dead and propped up with shades on like the dude in Weekend at Bernies and still beat trump. Or the Democratic Party could run a different candidate and win - like a potato or a rock for instance, both of which would make better leadership & hiring decisions than trump.

3. J6 2021 was an actual insurrection. Hell, some woman who attended was gleefully shouting "This is an insurrection!" ffs. Participants viewed it as an insurrection. The world viewed it as an insurrection/attempted coup. Only reality deniers suggest it wasn't.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 9:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

You keep using that word, "cult". I don't think it means what you think it does.

goldfish21 wrote:
2. He was already beaten legitimately, and IF he's able to run he'll be beaten again.

Maybe you ought to come out of your bubble and look at the polling; if the election were held today, Trump would win with 300+ electoral votes, and that's according to an NYT poll, so it's an admission against interest.

goldfish21 wrote:
3. J6 2021 was an actual insurrection.

Actual insurrections in this country involve guns, that was some angry boomers who got carried away.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 10:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You keep using that word, "cult". I don't think it means what you think it does.

goldfish21 wrote:
2. He was already beaten legitimately, and IF he's able to run he'll be beaten again.

Maybe you ought to come out of your bubble and look at the polling; if the election were held today, Trump would win with 300+ electoral votes, and that's according to an NYT poll, so it's an admission against interest.

goldfish21 wrote:
3. J6 2021 was an actual insurrection.

Actual insurrections in this country involve guns, that was some angry boomers who got carried away.

I know exactly what the word means and I'm far from the only person on the planet to recognize it. Some dude wrote an entire book about it ffs:

Polling today doesn't translate to election results next year. Just like polling in multiple past presidential elections at this point that didn't translated into end results.

As we can see from the elections just held that democratic candidates just won in he last couple days, where the rubber meets the road people are voting for democratic policies - human rights & freedoms, not some orange criminal buffoon con man that bullshits & blusters but gets nothing done. New healthcare plan in 2 weeks, eh? :roll: etc. People aren't as stupid as you think they must be.*

Uuuuh, there were many firearms at the J6 insurrection.. so, it did involve guns. Thankfully the only one I know of being used was used by Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd to defend the safety of lawmakers from the hoard of insurrectionists breaking through windows & doors in an attempt to attack politicians. Thankfully this was a rare case of a good guy with a gun who was able to use it to save countless lives. 8) https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/of ... e-n1277736

*except maybe the maga-cult folk who will vote for the guy no matter how many times he's proven to be a fraud, or no matter how many crimes he's convicted of. They might actually be that stupid, but Mostly it's not their IQ's, it's their cult mentality that their leader-bean can do no wrong.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 10:50 pm

Worthless opinions are worthless.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 11:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Worthless opinions are worthless.

:lmao:

Opinions that contradict your own, even when they're in complete alignment with objective reality all around us, are now "worthless opinions."

Sounds like some kind of trumpian logic like "fake news," being any news he doesn't like.

Hmmm, maybe you're enchanted by his cult-speech ? :chin:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2023, 2:39 am

Experience has shown me that elaborating is worthless, you'll just keep saying stupid stuff until the mods start editing my posts because describing you honestly is too spicy for them. I ought to just start a KF thread for you and wash my hands of it, that's an audience that would appreciate you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2023, 3:11 am

Dox47 wrote:
Experience has shown me that elaborating is worthless, you'll just keep saying stupid stuff until the mods start editing my posts because describing you honestly is too spicy for them. I ought to just start a KF thread for you and wash my hands of it, that's an audience that would appreciate you.

You're threatening to dox me with internet trolls because you can't handle disagreements of opinion? That's pretty f****d up.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2023, 3:47 am

more books??