Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 10:53 am

Sounds like OpenAI found something big, unclear though whether it has any relation to the recent Sam Altman and Greg Brockman shakeup. Regardless it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Reuters:
https://www.reuters.com/technology/sam- ... 023-11-22/

A three minute Youtube overview:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 12:48 pm

Well that's 3 minutes I'll never get back.

Video cliffs: Some people are speculating that Maybe some company has made some progress on AI stuff. Basically, that's all it says. Big deal - that's what all AI companies have been doing for years. Trying to make AI stuff. Whoopdeedoo. It'll be news if they actually make something that works better vs. videos of some guy's voice talking about rumours that maybe someone made something that works better.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 1:25 pm

Yeah, maybe OpenAI is media twirking.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 10:52 am

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 7:17 am

Q!