Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

05 Feb 2024, 5:09 am

I didn't even know, the most successful model minority in the US are also the biggest source of illegal migrants



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Feb 2024, 10:39 pm

video unavailable in your country.. can't watch whatever it is.

I just crossed the US border and back into Canada again this afternoon. Seemed to be pretty secure as usual.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

06 Feb 2024, 12:47 am

Apparently the hole which the 3000 illegal Chinese migrants enter per week is advertised through tiktok. Many of these so called refugees order an Uber when they arrive on the other side.

According to the video - On average only 14% of illegal migrants from Africa, south America and south asia are processed and allowed to stay, The rest are deported.

For Chinese illegals 55% are successful in applying for refuge and the remaining 45% are turned back by the Chinese consulate so remain in the US at taxpayer cost. It seems the Chinese government is through tiktok and refusing repatriation is aiding and abetting this rather big scam.



DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,689
Location: Northern California

06 Feb 2024, 1:14 am

It ALL comes down to Congress, that alone has the power to provide funds requested by border control AND to change the laws for the asylum process (it is well known by migrants that once you say you are claiming asylum you MUST, by US law, be patrolled back into the U.S. until your hearing, during which period you are not considered to be here illegally).

But Republicans in Congress have found it politically expedient to fester the crisis instead of solving it, because not that many people understand the laws well enough to understand what I’ve said above and are willing to believe the party line that is is the Democrat’s fault (Democrats make it easy, I admit, by talking about opening borders, but that isn’t what is actually happening).

But I also want to point out: the U.S. has a LOT of border. Manning it is no small or inexpensive feat. To call it a joke is something I find annoying, especially since you have no experience living somewhere with such a large shared border. It will ALWAYS be a cost / benefit analysis; perfection isn’t possible.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Last edited by DW_a_mom on 06 Feb 2024, 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

06 Feb 2024, 1:15 am

That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,689
Location: Northern California

06 Feb 2024, 1:24 am

goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


I assume it is their way of punishing them for leaving, force them into having no country at all.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

06 Feb 2024, 1:30 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


I assume it is their way of punishing them for leaving, force them into having no country at all.

More like their way of offloading liabilities to their balance sheet.

Those people wanted to leave and never return. They’re not being punished. American taxpayers are the ones being punished.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2023
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 954

06 Feb 2024, 1:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?

Increasing the risk of such behaviour. If take them in, smuggling will become an infallible choice, and the consequences will be unthinkable.

Agree with your new reply


_________________
For I so loved the world, that I gave My theory and method, that whosoever believeth in Me should not be oppressed, but have a liberated life. /sarc


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

06 Feb 2024, 1:50 am

belijojo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?

Increasing the risk of such behaviour. If take them in, smuggling will become an infallible choice, and the consequences will be unthinkable.

Agree with your new reply

What behaviour?

These people were migrating, not smuggling. ??


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2023
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 954

06 Feb 2024, 1:57 am

goldfish21 wrote:
belijojo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?

Increasing the risk of such behaviour. If take them in, smuggling will become an infallible choice, and the consequences will be unthinkable.

Agree with your new reply

What behaviour?

These people were migrating, not smuggling. ??

Sorry, some translation errors, please ignore them


_________________
For I so loved the world, that I gave My theory and method, that whosoever believeth in Me should not be oppressed, but have a liberated life. /sarc


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

06 Feb 2024, 4:31 am

goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


Why pay to punish them when you can get the US to foot the bill to house them in detention.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

06 Feb 2024, 12:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


Why pay to punish them when you can get the US to foot the bill to house them in detention.

Are there not international laws requiring countries to accept their own citizens when deported from somewhere else?? :?

You'd think there would be.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

06 Feb 2024, 7:48 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That’s crazy. How can they refuse their own citizens return ?? :?


Why pay to punish them when you can get the US to foot the bill to house them in detention.

Are there not international laws requiring countries to accept their own citizens when deported from somewhere else?? :?

You'd think there would be.


And then again China tends to flout international laws and dare other countries to do something about it. Like a school yard bully.



elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2024
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 121
Location: Texas

06 Feb 2024, 8:05 pm

I live on Texas border to Mexico. It is very intense here. There's helicopters and patrolling trucks and atvs. They use all kinds of cameras at night to see. I have family that work in this field and they have insane tools. Many in border patrol are ex-military as well.

I see border patrol everywhere. There are regular raids where I see people being taken. I see the bus station and airport get bus after bus of immigrants being deported. And I sometimes see hotels or offices being turned into detention centers. I seen some bad stuff, too.

There are checkpoints for people that get several hours drive north of the border. And there are people that patrol the boonies there. Some people end up dying in the brush or desert as they cross so some nice people put out water barrels. I have gone to an old ranch of a family member's and seen that the abandoned stables had food wrappers, Mexican music tapes, and an old fire pit.

It is dangerous to cross the border, dangerous to travel illegally on foot, and dangerous to get a job since most hiring illegal immigrants are exploitative. But is is also dangerous to stay in Central America.There is a lot of violence.I hear the helicopters and fire fights sometimes when I go visit family in Mexico. There is a whole war all over. There's unofficial curfews because it is so bad. Pieces of people being found in the street and stuff.

So I am conflicted on the whole topic. I see the horrors on both sides of the border regularly.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

06 Feb 2024, 8:44 pm

The farmer in the video has had his property vandalised and trees cut down by migrants who were using the wood to light fires. When he was harrassed he tried to defend himself with a gun. The migrants complained to border patrol and the farmer was charged with threatening with a firearm, Apparently "stand your ground" laws don't apply on the border



belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2023
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 954

06 Feb 2024, 8:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The farmer in the video has had his property vandalised and trees cut down by migrants who were using the wood to light fires. When he was harrassed he tried to defend himself with a gun. The migrants complained to border patrol and the farmer was charged with threatening with a firearm, Apparently "stand your ground" laws don't apply on the border

Unfair to farmers


_________________
For I so loved the world, that I gave My theory and method, that whosoever believeth in Me should not be oppressed, but have a liberated life. /sarc