Airport Screeners looking at body language and expressions

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Norah_W
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2008, 1:25 am

squier wrote:
yeah but when you tell them you have AS, they look at your medical record, and look up AS, then they'll beleive you and you'll be fine

What if you haven't been diagnosed though, and are also afraid of flying, like I am?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 2:38 pm

I fly fairly often, and get stopped for special screening practically every time. seriously, I get 'random checks' on practically every trip (they seem to think that passangers are stupid enough to think these checks really are random). And this is in Europe, where I can travel without a visa, without getting fingerprinted by some guy that takes it out on me that he couldn't get a better job, etc. European airports except for Charles de Gaulle in Paris are a lot more efficient than American airports, so if at all possible I will simply avoid using a US airport for the foreseeable future, European airports are bad enough.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Jan 2008, 7:16 pm

oh great yah i was just gonna say. i look very suspicious and act like it, especially when im in a crowded place. oh well i havent flown in years and dont plan on doing it again :D

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 7:32 pm

This kind of stuff is WAY to easily used for discriminatory purposes, kind of like how highway patrol officers harass African-Americans for "Driving While Black." Very broad reasons, like "suspicious behavior," are often used to defend the harassment of minorities.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 7:39 pm

Tequila wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Airport security is a joke, and it is just Big Government tightening its abusive iron fist of control around its own citizens. It has nothing to do with safety; it is about power, always has been and always will be.

It's not even effective. All it does is compress everybody into one place as they wait in line to take their shoes off. Now Hakkmed doesn't even have to get on the plane to blow everyone to smithereens, when there are 500 victims neatly assembled for him and waiting sheeplike behind the Tensabarriers.

I quite agree. If we're going to die we'll die anyway. "Airport security" is one thing I see right through.

It's all a big show to make people think the government is doing something while at the same time keeping people scared. There is a reason Homeland Security has never set their threat level below yellow, it's all about scaring people into accepting police state crap.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 3:14 am

I flied last week, and I was really tense and stressed and acting really aspie and they did nothing.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 1:25 pm

Grimfaire wrote:
Bad sign for HFA and Aspie folks. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/344 ... ler26.html

Basically if you act irregular you'll be pulled out for intense scrutiny. Yep.... I'm gonna fly now. Not.

hehe.
How are you today?

lie or truth. quirck. stim (huh?)
I am fine. I am wondering what the f**k that has to do with anything.
where are you heading?
lie or truth.

Compromise: shows ticket.

The inevitable .....why
I am going to such and such to shop-which I might do.

OR..
I am going to such and such to trace my experience with such and such; privately so I don't get shot in advance by insiders.

Is this all your property?
Lie or Truth.
Quirck. Stim. (huh?) Lie: It's in my possession isn't it?
Truth: No...I borrowed the bag from my neighbor, the hairbrush is my son's.. basically it's my stuff. What are you asking?

At least we have advanced notice.
Now we can be deceptive.
j/k, though that is how it works.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 1:37 pm

Image Image Image!
Have an NT respected career and range of titles.
Utilize phrases of civil rights and liberties.
Create enough of a defendable statement of violation of rights or biases (coupled with your respected career and range of titles; correct clothing, ect) that everyone involved with you at that moment doesn't want to deal with the s**t can your promising to unleash, be loud and draw attention to yourself, or be charming and make the investigator question the sillyness and make them feel good about themselves.

This applies to shipping lines as well.

SeaTac-what a joke!
:wink: This is a happy development.
I don't care who the bleep you are. Bend over and be violated or don't take the fricken plane.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."