serotonin B6 ( may be linked to Autism and PTSD.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 9:07 pm

Wow I found several articles that are right on with my research about serotonin and PTSD here are several articles.

Canine connect Dogs give autistics 'sociable' link-serotonin
When Maureen was 9 years old, doctors tried an unusual approach. They started her on low levels of Prozac and serotonin to help her brain's neurotransmitters to function.

That treatment worked, and the girl who in fourth grade would give only yes and no answers is currently studying at Columbia College in Chicago.

She spoke at a symposium at Lewis University in the fall to explain to students what it is like to live as a college student with autism.

She said one of her biggest challenges, as it is with Jenni, is being social, especially when faced with meeting new people.

"There's just this little part of me that says, 'You already have friends and people who like you, so don't bother trying to meet someone new today,' " she said.

view article

Autism, symptoms and treatment
Several studies have pinpointed abnormal brain function in autistic individuals as well as several genes thought to be responsible for the disorder. Some have also shown abnormal levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin in the brain of such individuals.

view article

What's Inside: PowerBar Protein Plus (Laxatives, of Course)
Vitamin B6
B6 is essential for the synthesis of neurotransmitters like epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin. But don't binge, new moms: Too much can stop lactation.

view article

Receptor Visions: Researchers determined the structure of the human Beta2-adrenergic receptor, an important G protein-coupled receptor that manages internal human systems by relaying messages in the body from hormones, serotonin and other molecules.

view article

Google books on stress and serotonin and autism and PTSD

(stress and serotonin)

(serotonin and Autism)

(serotonin and PTSD)

serotonin and anxiety

serotonin and B6 autism