Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

squier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 2:55 pm

ESPN is going to start covering the MLG Pro Circuit on there multiple channels.
I'm not quoting the news story because they are covering a different aspect
they are covering the Major Leauge Gaming Pro Circuit on the TV andd GGL (Global Gaming Leauge ) online.
the Only news here though is that it's being covered on a channel most everyone gets.(unlike how the articles protray it, making it seem like they started them) it's been around since Starcraft was released (I think, I haven't been around gaming that long, maybe not even around that long, depends on which version)
infact they sould have started it in 2006 when the income in the gaming world surpassed the income in the musical world.
but they missed out on some of the best gamers who have literally retired from gaming, like a guy named ZYOS who played halo and won the '06 GGL tournament, then went to a racing game and sucked. And last year 20ID won battlefeild 2142. My point is that everyone seems to be saying 'why are they doing this its not going to be cool' and they should be saying 'what took them so long' 8O :? :x

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 5:01 am

so, they will be covering the Esports will they?
interesting, what games do u think will feature? Counter Strike, Dead or Alive things like that?

anyway i remember seeing a gaming show on TV and them doing a feature on a Esports event in Sydney where the winners would get cash and hardware and entry to an event in Seattle. There was this one guy that got 1st place in his catagory (counter strike i think it was) despite the fact he never played the game before.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 7:48 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
so, they will be covering the Esports will they?
interesting, what games do u think will feature? Counter Strike, Dead or Alive things like that?

anyway i remember seeing a gaming show on TV and them doing a feature on a Esports event in Sydney where the winners would get cash and hardware and entry to an event in Seattle. There was this one guy that got 1st place in his catagory (counter strike i think it was) despite the fact he never played the game before.

halo (2 or 3)
counter-strike
quake
battlefeild 2142
(the next ones are probablies)
starcraft and co.

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903