Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 4:46 am

The UK government is to do an audit of all people on the autistic spectrum in England.

Whilst I hate the use of the word "audit" (makes us sound like paper-clips or something), it looks like they are trying to get a grip of health care for those on the spectrum (or the cynic in me says its just another government gimmick with no real meat to it, but who knows?)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7389228.stm

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 5:09 am

Maybe the audit will be turn out to be blessing for all auties in Crumpetland.

Autie? Audie? :lol:

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2008, 6:27 am

hmm i wonder how many disability cheats will give it a go. i hate those disability cheats,
but i wonder what the goverment will do and how will they help....

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 7:44 am

"Announcing the £500,000 project, Care Services Minister Ivan Lewis said autistic adults are too often abandoned by health and social services."

A-fecking-men. About time they actually noticed that little factoid. Who knows how much easier life might be given the right backup? Who knows how many crippling life-bolloxing issues could be avoided? It would be nice to see a bit of parity with other disabilities. IF 50 people have to change venue because one person needs a wheelchair ramp.. wheres our(metaphorical) wheelchair ramp?

Though they might be better served spending that money on actual services instead of an overblown google.