Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 9:47 am

Need I say more?

kitsunetsuki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2008, 11:15 am

Disgusting people. I hope it helps to destroy them as an organisation.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 11:37 am

This is just going too far.

Peta doesn't even know how livestock are killed. Cows are killed humanely in a split second by having their brian punctured... THEN, the cow is butchered.

This poor young man was randomly stabbed and beheaded, that has nothing to do with the way some animals are raise for consumption.

In nature, there are meat eaters and plant eaters, humans are both, and hunted animals in less humane ways years ago.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2008, 12:40 pm

Read a piece that outlined and compared the number of animals killed due to being a Vegetarian. PETA will NEVER admit that animals die in the production of vegetables but animals do die. More sophomore college student dribble from PETA. Problem is, my 10 year old son is probably looking at the same PETA ad because his liberal teacher thinks it is a moral imperative to do so along with the monthly showing of a polar bear film.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 12:51 pm

That is tasteless of PETA to compare the two situations. I think they're a little too focussed on their own cause.

(And I suppose they totally ignore Temple Grandin's work on more humane slaughtering.)

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

07 Aug 2008, 12:55 pm

As a vegetarian, let me say... f**k PETA. PETA have always been bad ambassadors for us and they always will be.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 12:58 pm

those PETA fuxxers kill animals:

Quote:
PETA -- that's People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals -- recently revealed that in 2006, they put to death more than 97 percent of the cats, dogs, and other animals they took in for adoption.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt53748.html

http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi-bi ... &year=2004
just change 2004 to 2005 or 2006

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 1:08 pm

Wow, just when I didn't think I could find any more reasons to hate PETA....

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 1:12 pm

Peta are a bunch of wankers, they make me want to eat baby seals.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 1:15 pm

Now the horror is complete. As if the poor guy's corpse wasn't abused enough, now he has to suffer the indignity of being PETA's new poster boy. I particularly like that they don't even seem to care that a man lost his life in an awful way, they'd be more upset if the killer kicked a dog on his way out of the bus.

BTW, does anybody know if PETA is at all affiliated with those animal liberation whack jobs that have been attacking scientists on the west coast? I don't think it's them (PETA) specifically, but they are certainly giving the cause of animal welfare a bad name.

M02
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2008, 1:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Now the horror is complete. As if the poor guy's corpse wasn't abused enough, now he has to suffer the indignity of being PETA's new poster boy. I particularly like that they don't even seem to care that a man lost his life in an awful way, they'd be more upset if the killer kicked a dog on his way out of the bus.

BTW, does anybody know if PETA is at all affiliated with those animal liberation whack jobs that have been attacking scientists on the west coast? I don't think it's them (PETA) specifically, but they are certainly giving the cause of animal welfare a bad name.

Peta donated money to the legal fund on some man who was eventually convicted of arson (terrorism). They have given money to ALF in the past. ALF is on the FBI's list of terrorist organizations. This is an article about it http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_det ... dline/2339 If they really did all that, why didn't someone go to jail or they get in trouble with the IRS?

It is really a shame when some little old cat and dog loving lady gives money to peta because she thinks that they are going to help lost puppies and kittens. It makes me sick. They actually give very little of their millions of donations to animal shelters.

Judith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2008, 2:34 pm

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

'nuff said...

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 12:53 am

Judith wrote:
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

'nuff said...

That's the type of PETA I like. After all, cows are killed in a humane manner these days.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 3:19 am

ADoyle wrote:
That's the type of PETA I like. After all, cows are killed in a humane manner these days.

Like this?

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 11:29 am

For the most part I'm not impressed with PETA, but they did do one thing right awhile back. During the Katrina fiasco, when people abandoned their pets during the evacuation, as ordered by authorities but totally against previously established protocol, PETA ran a one-page newspaper ad reminding authorities that established procedure, signed off on in 1996 or 1997 by just about everybody, was to evacuate pets with owners as much as possible. If you dig around on the FEMA website, you can find the Animals in Disasters module (two parts) that give all the reasons why you should take your pets out with you when you evacuate. I think this ad made a difference. Of course, public outcry also made a difference (probably a bigger one). Authorities really had no excuse getting it wrong in the first place.

Of course, I have no idea what happened to the animals PETA took in during the disaster. If you do have to place your animals in a shelter in a disaster, go with either EARS or Noah's Wish - they are disaster-specific organizations, they will not lose your pets, and you can get them back no problem, even if it's a year later (typical after hurricanes, when people need to rebuild and human shelters don't take animals).

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 11:49 am

Chibi_Neko wrote:
This is just going too far.

Peta doesn't even know how livestock are killed. Cows are killed humanely in a split second by having their brian punctured... THEN, the cow is butchered.

This poor young man was randomly stabbed and beheaded, that has nothing to do with the way some animals are raise for consumption.

In nature, there are meat eaters and plant eaters, humans are both, and hunted animals in less humane ways years ago.

Unfortunately, Kosher Beef is killed old fashioned way, they don't stun the animal, I won't describe it here, as it is a violent ritualized procedure, Halal and (Jewish) Shechita, with halal they have been allowing electrical stunning, but shechita the animal is still awake, we had to learn about it in meat cutting class, we didn't have to do any slaughtering, we just need to know how the meat was prepared, and how to follow proper handling procedure.