Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 2:29 pm

A Burger King employee celebrates his birthday by taking a bubblebath in a huge kitchen sink where people clean all utensils at a BK restaurant. This is very bizarre. Check out the link below and you'll see a video:

http://community.myfoxboston.com/blogs/ ... ng_Bathtub

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 4:01 pm

I have no problem with this guy taking a bath in the sink I have problems with the people who don't wash at least with this guy I know he knows how to wash himself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 4:16 pm

Now we know where Burger King gets its "Special Sauce" for their Whoppers.

:eew:

(Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesemeseedbun!)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 4:32 pm

I heard that the guy got fired for it but he just taking a bath. I guess since it was the kitchen sink after all.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 8:36 pm

Don't they wash their hands in it? All the time? It's a SINK.

L.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 8:59 pm

I worry more about if the meat is fully cooked than what is going on in the sink. When you eat out you just have to take the gamble on if your food is being prepared by someone who *actaully* washes their hands. I would rather be served by someone who washes their hands in a bathtub than someone who does not wash at all.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 12:58 am

JerryHatake wrote:
I heard that the guy got fired for it but he just taking a bath. I guess since it was the kitchen sink after all.

Not only did he get fired, but they also terminated the cameraman and the shift manager who was working that night. Seems kind of harsh to me, especially if he was in a sanitizer station sink it really wouldn't matter that he was in it. Just BK over reacting to the publicity, I guess.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 1:05 am

not the worst things I have seen put in a sink at a restaurant, I won't repeat what's a regular
contribution to most sinks during the lunch rush. BK defiantly over reacted in this case.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:00 am

For the record I do not think BK overreacted at all. For the record, what controlled substance inspired that bubble bath, huh?

I wonder if Mr. Unstable (hint-hint) had a personal beef with the company?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:10 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
Don't they wash their hands in it? All the time? It's a SINK.

L.

No, they don't wash their hands in that sink. There is a separate sink they use for that. Here is the procedure:

1. Turn water on with your dirty hands.
2. Apply liquid soap to your hands.
3. Lather for a minute while your manager yells that you have a customer.
4. Rinse.
5. Apply hand sanitizer to both your hands and rub until it dries.
6. Get paper towel to turn off the running water so you don't touch the contaminated faucet handles with your clean hands.
7. Repeat every 15 minutes, even during rush hour, or you may lose your minimum wage job.

Or something like that at least. I've worked for the BK here in Jordan once and it sucks.

BTW, the sink the kid used was the sanitation section which normally contains a solution of tripotassium phosphate.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:30 am

It's one thing to bathe in the sink at BurgerKing, but this guy had someone videotape him doing it. I wonder if the tape was intentionaly given to the media.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:34 am

slowmutant wrote:
It's one thing to bathe in the sink at BurgerKing, but this guy had someone videotape him doing it. I wonder if the tape was intentionaly given to the media.

Unless there was a grudge, I'd say they're all just morons. But such a plan could conceivably been plotted and carried out by someone able to second and tertiary guess the media and government for their own goal - someone working for Burger King?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:37 am

Dox47 wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:

Not only did he get fired, but they also terminated the cameraman and the shift manager who was working that night. Seems kind of harsh to me, especially if he was in a sanitizer station sink it really wouldn't matter that he was in it. Just BK over reacting to the publicity, I guess.

What if it had been your sink? Your restaurant?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:51 am

slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:

What if it had been your sink? Your restaurant?

I'd report Laura and Burger King might be down one more bad manager.

As for the sink, it was probably containing sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate and probably sanitized with more of the same. Kay Chemicals only has so much to offer, but that is my guess as to what they'd use.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:54 am

BTW, the sanitizer is the Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate and I think the degreaser is the tripotassium phosphate.

M02
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2008, 8:08 am

I was disappointed that he was not naked in the video.

Goofing off at work. They were supposed to be working. This was the overnight shift that is supposed to be cleaning all the equipment and facilities. Most people do goof off at work but still get their work done. Who knows what really goes on in some work places like people photocopying their bum. Their mistakes was making a video of it and letting people other than friends see it.

I hope he brought his own bubble bath because what kitchens use to wash dishes and utensils really dries out your skin.