Vermont Candidate Wants to Prosecute Bush for Murder

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:37 am

Only in Vermont...Only in Vermont

Vermont candidate to prosecute Bush if she wins

BURLINGTON, Vt. - Lots of political candidates make campaign promises. But not like Charlotte Dennett's.

Dennett, 61, the Progressive Party's candidate for Vermont Attorney General, said Thursday she will prosecute President Bush for murder if she's elected Nov. 4.

Dennett, an attorney and investigative journalist, says Bush must be held accountable for the deaths of thousands of people in Iraq — U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civilians. She believes the Vermont attorney general would have jurisdiction to do so.

She also said she would appoint a special prosecutor and already knows who that should be: former Los Angeles prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi, the author of "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder," a new book..........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080919/ap_ ... uting_bush

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 12:22 pm

Way to go Dennett! ^_^

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 12:24 pm

Sounds fair enough...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 12:31 pm

I feel weird saying this, but I think Vermont may be *too* liberal.

I'm as dissatisfied with Bush as the next person, but he only has 4 months in office left. I'm just going to ride it out.

Texas never arrested Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky affair, so I don't think Vermont will do the same to Bush.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:26 pm

So I guess using that logic that this means any president that has held office during time of war or police action is a criminal.
What it really is is that he's not the candidate of choice for the left so anything he does is criminal.

19 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I feel weird saying this, but I think Vermont may be *too* liberal.

I'm as dissatisfied with Bush as the next person, but he only has 4 months in office left. I'm just going to ride it out.

Texas never arrested Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky affair, so I don't think Vermont will do the same to Bush.

Why would they arrest him for that? It's not illegal to cheat on your spouse or else everyone would be getting arrested for doing it. I know it's against our amendment but it's not enforced.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:32 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
It's not illegal to cheat on your spouse or else everyone would be getting arrested for doing it. I know it's against our amendment but it's not enforced.

Cheating is adultery.

Adultery is supposedly a felony in most states.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

19 Sep 2008, 7:39 pm

But how come people don't get arrested for it? It's not enforced is why.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:58 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
But how come people don't get arrested for it? It's not enforced is why.

It's highly enforced in Arizona.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

19 Sep 2008, 8:18 pm

Do they get arrested?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:29 pm

beau99 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
It's not illegal to cheat on your spouse or else everyone would be getting arrested for doing it. I know it's against our amendment but it's not enforced.

Cheating is adultery.

Adultery is supposedly a felony in most states.

And of course, adultery is a lot worse than the causing of the deaths Bush is being accused of.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2008, 9:30 pm

I dislike president Bush, but I feel that we give him way to much blame for his policies...that were mostly influenced by the people puppeteering him...like Cheney and Halliburton.

If you want to prosecute someone, you go after the puppeteer, not the puppet.

"Strangers are like poop, if you mess with them, you'll stink." -Stuart Larkin

"I'm a people person." - Azula

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 10:18 pm

I see a few problems with this prosecution... no victim has been named, the alleged crimes took place outside of the jurisdiction of the Vermont State's Attorney, there are no witnesses named, and neither motive nor opportunity have been established. If anything, this candidate demonstrates an immense lack of understanding of criminal law, not a good start for an Attorney General candidate.

How does she expect to gain jurisdiction over the president? Will she send the sheriff to the white house to serve him with a summons? Or will she ask the Governor of Texas to extradite him once he leaves office?

It might make a nice campaign poster, but it has no basis in reality.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 10:23 pm

This is AWESOME!

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 11:38 pm

jrknothead wrote:
I see a few problems with this prosecution... no victim has been named, the alleged crimes took place outside of the jurisdiction of the Vermont State's Attorney, there are no witnesses named, and neither motive nor opportunity have been established. If anything, this candidate demonstrates an immense lack of understanding of criminal law, not a good start for an Attorney General candidate.

How does she expect to gain jurisdiction over the president? Will she send the sheriff to the white house to serve him with a summons? Or will she ask the Governor of Texas to extradite him once he leaves office?

It might make a nice campaign poster, but it has no basis in reality.

I believe there is some kind of immunity the president has while he's in office. If this person is actually elected attorney general of Vermont, I think I have a pretty good idea of what her legal strategy might be. She may try to find out how many Vermonters were killed in the Iraq war and try to find some way of holding Bush criminally negligent for their deaths because he used his position as Commander in Chief to intentionally perpetrate a fraudulent claim(i.e. Iraq and Al-Qaeda).

A more plausible course of action might be something like a class action lawsuit against members of the Bush Administration for the wrongful deaths of any Vermonter killed in Iraq.

Personally, I doubt she's going to get very far in either of these legal avenues.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Sep 2008, 12:19 am

Cheney should be tried too.