Polar bears resort to cannibalism as Arctic ice shrinks

Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:18 pm

Bottem line Ishmael, you need to live up north to know what global warming is really doing, you can't see the effects as much were you live the same way we do.

The harsh judgements you are making really have no ground beneath it.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:20 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Bottem line Ishmael, you need to live up north to know what global warming is really doing, you can't see the effects as much were you live the same way we do.

The media IS responsible for the global warming facade.. it prevents us from seeing the real cause..

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:22 pm

Rupert Murdoch, is an Australian-American global media mogul, owner of News Corp, he supply's all the disinformation twats like you swallow up as the truth, got that Skippy, and again did I call you anything like you called me, its ok to dissagree with people, but your making personal attacks and name calling, I am also over twice your age, and I know a hell of a lot more on this matter then you do, only an idiotic moron resorts to name calling when the don't know better, so you should shut that gob of yours and go play with your bush kangaroo and put another shrimp on the barbie. :roll:
I really think you need to read the rules for WP
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:25 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
The media IS responsible for the global warming facade.. it prevents us from seeing the real cause..

What's the real cause?

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:25 pm

Quote:
Now the average motor gets up to 400 degrees fahrenheit and lets say their are 2,000,000,000 motor vehicles on the road a day. Those 2,000,000,000 motor vehicles give off 800,000,000,000 degree's of heat a day, which is trapped in the earth's atmosphere by CO2 and other such green house gasses.

LOL.
The SUN is millions of times bigger than the whole earth and
The SUN doesn't even make anywhere near 800,000,000,000 degrees of heat a day.
But if the earth got close enough to the sun then the whole planet would melt.

There are over a billion chinese people. They weigh an average of 100 pounds/40 kg.
They breathe a billion times as much air and make a billion times more co2 than you do.
If they all jumped off of something at the same time then the earth would be hit
by more than 100 MILLION TONS of mass
and then the world would ...(NOT) ... be destroyed, or have an earth quake.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:29 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Chibi_Neko wrote:

Your actually right on that, but the media is controlled, again Rupert Murdock and News Corp. The fact is nobody knows what is going on with the climate its is getting a little screwy in the last 20 years, my point on this matter is that we are seeing the changes here in Canada, that we can't deny, things are changing.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:32 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Chibi_Neko wrote:

Your actually right on that, but the media is controlled, again Rupert Murdock and News Corp. The fact is nobody knows what is going on with the climate its is getting a little screwy in the last 20 years, my point on this matter is that we are seeing the changes here in Canada, that we can't deny, things are changing.

Yes I live in Canada as well..

And I wish I knew why the climate is changing.. but we simply don't know, and the media is not your source of truth. especially with all these activist campaigners trying to get everybody on their side, and Al Gore making a movie about it.. seems pretty ambitious..

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:41 pm

silentbob, you are a kid. Rather a bit naive, and paranoid about this murdock guy, it seems. Maturity is not using American words clumsily disguised as Australian slang.

Chibi_neko; that is a bizarre assumption to make. Have you even been to the southern hemisphere? What's this "the southern hemisphere has a static climate" mentality?

Another poster, who so far nobody has paid attention to, it seems, has provided you with the indications showing political bias towards "global warming".

Regardless; it is real, it is happening, and feel-good campaigns won't do any good.
This mass hysteria is getting in the way of what needs to be done - governments and corporations are spending money on so-called "green" technologies and campaigns, instead of buffering the economy against the inevitable temporary climate shift. Temporary being in astronomical terms - between centuries and millenia.
It's a constant.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:47 pm

Quote:
Another poster, who so far nobody has paid attention to, it seems, has provided you with the indications showing political bias towards "global warming".

If you're talking about me, how dare you toss me aside because you feel it's the popular thing to do.

Quote:
Regardless; it is real, it is happening, and feel-good campaigns won't do any good.
This mass hysteria is getting in the way of what needs to be done - governments and corporations are spending money on so-called "green" technologies and campaigns, instead of buffering the economy against the inevitable temporary climate shift. Temporary being in astronomical terms - between centuries and millenia.
It's a constant.

Global warming from the media perspective is a farce.. it's meant to get people in to a panic... the antarctic expands and retracts yearly.. it's all a ploy.. people are fooled easily.. the weather control schemes are what is causing disasters.. it's not due to global warming..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM9POWc-C4[/youtube]

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:56 pm

Actually, shawnwilliams, I was talking about oggleleus. He got it reasonably close, in the political side, I'm surprised nobody seems to have noticed.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:15 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
... it's meant to get people in to a panic... the antarctic expands and retracts yearly.. it's all a ploy.. people are fooled easily.. the weather control schemes are what is causing disasters.. it's not due to global warming..

No, you are wrong. It isn't just a slight melt in the summer followed by an equal freeze in the winter. There is a measured increase in temperature, with a corresponding retreat of glaciers around the world.

Quote:
During the past two years, researchers have concluded that:

-- Arctic sea ice shrank by 14,400 square miles per year from 1978 to 1998, a 6 percent reduction overall.

-- Sea ice thinned by about 40 percent in recent decades, from an average of 10.2 feet in the period from 1958 to 1976 to about 5.9 feet from 1993 to 1997. Current thinning is estimated at about 4 inches a year.

-- Since 1993, the Greenland ice cap -- the Arctic's largest -- has thinned by more than 3 feet a year on its southern and eastern edges.

-- Permafrost is thawing across Alaska. Near Barrow, permafrost was 8 to 10 inches thinner from 1991 to 1997 than it was from 1964 to 1968.

-- Iceland, which brushes against the Arctic Circle, has seen a 0.5 to 1 degree Fahrenheit rise in average summer temperatures since the early 1980s. The glaciers that cover 11 percent of the country have been in rapid retreat since 1995.

And in an unprecedented development reported late last week, an ice-free patch of ocean about a mile wide has opened at the North Pole.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 106275.DTL

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:25 pm

Ishmael wrote:
silentbob, you are a kid. Rather a bit naive, and paranoid about this murdock guy, it seems. Maturity is not using American words clumsily disguised as Australian slang.

Chibi_neko; that is a bizarre assumption to make. Have you even been to the southern hemisphere? What's this "the southern hemisphere has a static climate" mentality?

It's a constant.

Stop with the name calling Ishmael, your the one who believes there is some sort of a conspiracy being perpetrated by the so called liberal media, I don't happen to buy into all of the global warming issue, and I certainly don't buy into your fractured views, or anyone who shares them with you. If you don't like being told you got your facts wrong, then tough, go back to school or read a book, because your wrong on all everything.
Your really getting your dander up there Skippy, slow down, breath, get some oxygen flowing into your brain thingy.
:roll:

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 4:29 pm

monty wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
... it's meant to get people in to a panic... the antarctic expands and retracts yearly.. it's all a ploy.. people are fooled easily.. the weather control schemes are what is causing disasters.. it's not due to global warming..

No, you are wrong. It isn't just a slight melt in the summer followed by an equal freeze in the winter. There is a measured increase in temperature, with a corresponding retreat of glaciers around the world.

Quote:
During the past two years, researchers have concluded that:

-- Arctic sea ice shrank by 14,400 square miles per year from 1978 to 1998, a 6 percent reduction overall.

-- Sea ice thinned by about 40 percent in recent decades, from an average of 10.2 feet in the period from 1958 to 1976 to about 5.9 feet from 1993 to 1997. Current thinning is estimated at about 4 inches a year.

-- Since 1993, the Greenland ice cap -- the Arctic's largest -- has thinned by more than 3 feet a year on its southern and eastern edges.

-- Permafrost is thawing across Alaska. Near Barrow, permafrost was 8 to 10 inches thinner from 1991 to 1997 than it was from 1964 to 1968.

-- Iceland, which brushes against the Arctic Circle, has seen a 0.5 to 1 degree Fahrenheit rise in average summer temperatures since the early 1980s. The glaciers that cover 11 percent of the country have been in rapid retreat since 1995.

And in an unprecedented development reported late last week, an ice-free patch of ocean about a mile wide has opened at the North Pole.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 106275.DTL

Weather control

monty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 4:53 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Weather control

Riiiight ... rather than accept the idea that the huge amounts of greenhouse gases we have put in the atmosphere are trapping more heat, cut to the obvious answer .... huge remotely operated tesla hairdryers are melting glaciers and pack-ice all around the world.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 5:01 pm

monty wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Weather control

Riiiight ... rather than accept the idea that the huge amounts of greenhouse gases we have put in the atmosphere are trapping more heat, cut to the obvious answer .... huge remotely operated tesla hairdryers are melting glaciers and pack-ice all around the world.

Global Warming melts ice?... gee, you had me fooled, I thought it caused storms and disasters due to 'climate change'. . if all it's doing is warming the planet then why can't that be considered natural...? The earth has gone through substantial climate changes over millions of years..

but I truly don't believe that it's from greenhouse gases.. the government always wants you to worry about something, and panic about something, so you can ignore the fact that they're building concentration camps..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4[/youtube]

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 5:03 pm

You mean like cloud seeding, they have been doing that for years, they need to around Calgary, because of the storm cells the form to the west, there are some nasty storms that pop up near the Rockies. I doubt there will ever be actual weather control, mother nature is very powerful.