Polar bears resort to cannibalism as Arctic ice shrinks

Page 3 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 841

24 Sep 2008, 5:03 pm

You mean like cloud seeding, they have been doing that for years, they need to around Calgary, because of the storm cells the form to the west, there are some nasty storms that pop up near the Rockies. I doubt there will ever be actual weather control, mother nature is very powerful.



Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2004
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,315
Location: Uz

24 Sep 2008, 5:07 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
Well, whilst global warming is a media myth - the numbers don't add up, but for some reason most scientists who mention the obvious facts are ignored... There is, however, a very real temporary climate shift effect that is a constant for earth - any palaentologist could show the evidence of that before breakfast, and no amount if torching big cars and stoning people who disagree will make it go away. This scenario with the polar bears has happened consistantly throughout history as the climate shifts. Nothing can be done.

Ishmael, you are totally F#*@ing clueless, your from a country that is mostly a rusty old desert, I lived most of my life north of 60, and I have seen the changes in the climate, in my lifetime, here's a list of things I have noticed
1. Spring come's sooner, ice is gone from lakes and rivers 2 to 3 weeks earlier
2. Southern species are encroaching northern areas, never use to see Robins north of the Arctic Circle
3. Invasive insects, the pine beetle is destroying large areas of forest in Alberta, B.C & Yukon, takes 3 weeks of -30c to die.
4. Land erosion, areas where the permafrost has melted, is causing the land to slump, or cause a landslide.
5. Strange weather, Canada has had some unusual weather events, tornadoes, ice storms, +20c weather mid winter.
6. Glaciers retreating though out the Rockie Mountains, also a diminished snow pack, which means lower water levels in the rivers.
Heres a fact I have learned about global warming, people south of the 49 parallel don't know sh** about this issue and should stop listening to Fox Noise to get their facts.

P.S
Polar bears by nature do resort to cannibalism, the males will kill and eat any smaller polar bears, regardless of ice or weather conditions, they are a top predator and need to kill to live.



no no no this is not climate change. You live in an accursed continent.

and that Rupert Murdoch guy, he's an American. That's how you know you live in an accursed continent.



ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463

24 Sep 2008, 5:11 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
You mean like cloud seeding, they have been doing that for years, they need to around Calgary, because of the storm cells the form to the west, there are some nasty storms that pop up near the Rockies. I doubt there will ever be actual weather control, mother nature is very powerful.


No, they use weather control technology..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM9POWc-C4[/youtube]



silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 841

24 Sep 2008, 5:16 pm

Where North America or Australia, both continents get extremes in weather. I do love shitty weather, and go storm chasing every summer, and nearly been hit by a tornado, lot s fun. :lol:



ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463

24 Sep 2008, 5:25 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
Where North America or Australia, both continents get extremes in weather. I do love shitty weather, and go storm chasing every summer, and nearly been hit by a tornado, lot s fun. :lol:


All over the world, it is an Illuminati/Government agenda to cause fear in people.. and other things of course. It's largely a disraction tool, and also a tool to starve people, farms will die..



Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 388

24 Sep 2008, 5:27 pm

Ishmael wrote:
Another poster, who so far nobody has paid attention to, it seems, has provided you with the indications showing political bias towards "global warming".


Because I don't have an avatar. :lol:



Mage
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,290

24 Sep 2008, 5:28 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
Where North America or Australia, both continents get extremes in weather. I do love shitty weather, and go storm chasing every summer, and nearly been hit by a tornado, lot s fun. :lol:


All over the world, it is an Illuminati/Government agenda to cause fear in people.. and other things of course. It's largely a disraction tool, and also a tool to starve people, farms will die..


I would strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist about this paranoid schizophrenia of yours, it can be controlled with the right medications.



philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Aug 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,452

24 Sep 2008, 5:52 pm

ValMikeSmith wrote:
Quote:
Now the average motor gets up to 400 degrees fahrenheit and lets say their are 2,000,000,000 motor vehicles on the road a day. Those 2,000,000,000 motor vehicles give off 800,000,000,000 degree's of heat a day, which is trapped in the earth's atmosphere by CO2 and other such green house gasses.


LOL.
The SUN is millions of times bigger than the whole earth and
The SUN doesn't even make anywhere near 800,000,000,000 degrees of heat a day.
But if the earth got close enough to the sun then the whole planet would melt.

There are over a billion chinese people. They weigh an average of 100 pounds/40 kg.
They breathe a billion times as much air and make a billion times more co2 than you do.
If they all jumped off of something at the same time then the earth would be hit
by more than 100 MILLION TONS of mass
and then the world would ...(NOT) ... be destroyed, or have an earth quake.


Your right the sun does not make 8 hundred billion degrees of heat a day it makes around 13,600,000 kelvin a day. Now the heat from the sun spreads out as it travels away from the sun and when some of that heat reaches the earth it is a fraction of the insanity as it was when it left the sun. Now with cars they do indeed make eight hundred billion degrees of heat a day but its over a large area, and while the green house gasses do trap a lot of the heat some still is lost.

Imagine you had lets say you have 1,000 light bulbs that give off 10 degrees of heat a day, wouldn't that heat be absorbed by the world and contribute to the heating of the earth??

What if you had 20 billion light bulb that give of 40 degrees of heat a day how much heat it added to the planet??


_________________
When Jesus Christ said love thy neighbor he was not making a suggestion he was stating the law of god.


silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 841

24 Sep 2008, 6:13 pm

Mage wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
Where North America or Australia, both continents get extremes in weather. I do love shitty weather, and go storm chasing every summer, and nearly been hit by a tornado, lot s fun. :lol:


All over the world, it is an Illuminati/Government agenda to cause fear in people.. and other things of course. It's largely a disraction tool, and also a tool to starve people, farms will die..


I would strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist about this paranoid schizophrenia of yours, it can be controlled with the right medications.

Shhh :)



Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,295
Location: Right behind you...

24 Sep 2008, 6:40 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
P.S Doctor Who Sucks


Sod you, Yank. I detest Ishmael's stance on global warming, but you do NOT attack Doctor Who and get away with it! The fact that you use a character from another of my favourite British programs is also abhorrent.


_________________
(No longer a mod)

On sabbatical...


silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 841

24 Sep 2008, 7:16 pm

Sorry I was being mean, I actually have watched a few episodes, the one's with Billi Piper :lol:
Image



Last edited by silentbob15 on 24 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2004
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,315
Location: Uz

24 Sep 2008, 7:24 pm

I think he's a Canuck isn't he?

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

He cuts down trees. he wears high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
He wished he'd been a girlie,
Just like his dear Mama.



Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,295
Location: Right behind you...

24 Sep 2008, 7:27 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
Sorry I was being mean, I actually have watched a few episodes, the one's with Billi Piper :lol:
Image


Thanks. You know, I never thought I could top my current avatar, but thanks to you, I have it. You may have a bad attitude, but thanks for the avatar, anyway.

You know, I cannot imagine Yahtzee with a holo-virus.

Anyway, can we get this topic back on track?


_________________
(No longer a mod)

On sabbatical...


Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,310
Location: Australia

24 Sep 2008, 7:33 pm

Quatermass wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
P.S Doctor Who Sucks


Sod you, Yank. I detest Ishmael's stance on global warming, but you do NOT attack Doctor Who and get away with it! The fact that you use a character from another of my favourite British programs is also abhorrent.


Okay, that does it. Detest my "views"? They happen to be the "views" of the greater scientific community!! What is wrong with you people?! Here I am saying that a climactic shift is a real and present economic risk; but because it doesn't sing with human ego - that "carbon footprint" crap, you dismiss it? Look, guys - just because every commercial promotes "green" products and politicians talk about "green" all the time, does not make it real.
After all, what do they have in common? They both tell people what they want to hear, in hopes of having their products bought, being elected/re-elected, etc.
It's not a conspiracy. It's just really, really stupid.
Kind of like that racist Canuck. Eh, it's aboot thame ah made me some maple syrup, eh?


_________________
Oh, well, fancy that! Isn't that neat, eh?


Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2004
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,315
Location: Uz

24 Sep 2008, 7:46 pm

What's that, Skip?