Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 5:55 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26892950/

This article, Ben & Jerry's breast milk ice cream is just INVITING snide Aspie comments....bring it on. The cones come in cup sizes A, B, C, D, & DD (for those daring ice creamers).

With a cherry on top?

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:03 pm

The cherry could also be placed inside the cone at the tip!

Where else might the cherry be placed?

Some customers would find this enticing to be sure, but I don't think the logistics of obtaining enough human breast milk to run a nationwide ice cream store chain is even possible let alone economically feasible. The liability of possibly obtaining milk from a diseased person also makes this idea pretty much a no-go.

I believe the intent is to convince people that consuming milk from cows is absurd, rather than propose a realistic alternative. The dairy industry might counter this by telling people to stop being so picky and lame.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... e-on-earth

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 27 Sep 2008, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:13 pm

Peta SillyCones :lol:

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:39 pm

sorry but that's kind of disturbing.. :? is that supposed to help our economy?.. wasting less cow milk on ice cream..?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:41 pm

In all seriousness, isn't cow-milk the dairy industry? To use human breast-milk is NOT an agricultural industry. And, yes, what about production? I don't know how much milk a dairy cow can give in Time Unit X but I'm sure a human could not even begin to compete.

Just curious, but would a human female get paid to do this? Like a profession, on commission? She'll have fun filing her tax return! hahaha.

31 flavors? But an even number of breasts (human females come equipped with 2)? The math doesn't work either. Logistics.

Have lots of fun, Ben & Jerry.

spudnik: I'm an Alaskan (from the Interior). I saw this bumper sticker this week: "Guns don't kill people. Guns kill dinner."

Programmer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2008, 6:44 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
sorry but that's kind of disturbing.. :? is that supposed to help our economy?.. wasting less cow milk on ice cream..?

It is PETA what do you expect.

ttyl

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 8:11 pm

:)

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 8:37 pm

Unless they're going to have an army of Chinese factory women pumping milk, that icecream will be extraordinarily expensive. I think breastmilk purchased for medical use is something like $50 and ounce!! !! Not to mention the health risk. Breastmilk can transmit HIV, Hepatitis etc..

Ok now that I've typed all this out I'm starting to think maybe the article is somehow sarcastic and I'm not getting the humor (as usual)...

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:16 pm

Actually Apature, this really is for real. That's why it's so.....weird.

Transmitted disease would be a concern but then they screen blood donors - same thing, sort-of.

Oh! AWESOME visual spudnik. Try ordering THAT at your local ice cream parlor!! ! 8O

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:28 pm

Aspie? I expect every 'morning zoo'-type DJ on the radio was all over this...;) The list of voluteers must be miles long...;)

I'm no dairy farmer, but at a point, cows want to be milked; they're in pain otherwise...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:43 pm

Apatura wrote:
Unless they're going to have an army of Chinese factory women pumping milk, that icecream will be extraordinarily expensive. I think breastmilk purchased for medical use is something like $50 and ounce!! !! Not to mention the health risk. Breastmilk can transmit HIV, Hepatitis etc..

Ok now that I've typed all this out I'm starting to think maybe the article is somehow sarcastic and I'm not getting the humor (as usual)...

I don't think I would want any milk from China right now. But this idea about the cones is hilarious.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 10:42 pm

I just checked and breastmilk is actually sold for $3-$5 an oz, so at least $24 per cup 8O . Who will buy this icecream? :lol:

I do know of women who have made yogurt from their own breastmilk.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 2:31 am

Apatura wrote:
I just checked and breastmilk is actually sold for $3-$5 an oz, so at least $24 per cup 8O . Who will buy this icecream? :lol:

I do know of women who have made yogurt from their own breastmilk.

I just learned something new today - thanks Apatura. This could be a veritable cottage (cheese) industry!

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 2:32 am

isn't all milk breast milk?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 2:49 am

Eggman wrote:
isn't all milk breast milk?

Yes. As an aside, Yak milk is pink.

M02
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2008, 7:39 am

humans have been milking cows for 8000 years.

open letters are just published up for others to read regardless of whether the addressee receives, accepts or reads the letter.

when I am going for an ice cream, I will have to ask for an Peta orgy free one.