Iraq car bomb kills four at Eid celebrations

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 1:30 am

Iraq car bomb kills four at Eid celebrations

Quote:
BAGHDAD: Four people were killed and 15 wounded in a car bomb attack at a mosque north of the Iraqi capital Baghdad during celebrations marking Eid,
the end of Ramadan, the US military said on Thursday.

The bomb exploded on Wednesday at the parking lot of the Sayid Mohammed mosque in Balad, 75 kilometres (46 miles) north of Baghdad in the Sunni Salaheddin province, as devotees gathered to mark the end of the Muslim fasting month, the military said.

"There was no damage to the mosque," the military said in a statement.

It said mild weather and a festive atmosphere had drawn crowds to the mosque in the early afternoon.

A suicide car bomb attack killed 23 at a village near Balad in February.

Iraq has seen a downward trend in violence since the middle of last year, although bloodshed spiked in March and April during clashes between Shiite militiamen and US-led security forces.

I can almost understand them targeting those they view as invaders, but I can't understand what benefit they see in attacking fellow muslims at a mosque during a celebration... it seems kind of, for lack of a better word, suicidal...

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 2:34 am

Yes. You're correct.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 8:02 am

Really doesn't help the image of Muslims worldwide.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 8:21 am

I agree with you.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 8:23 am

I mean, if you're going to complain about Islamophobia in others, why do this? :?

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 9:34 am

I did not do it. ^^;;

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 9:37 am

slowmutant wrote:
I mean, if you're going to complain about Islamophobia in others, why do this? :?

I would assume that those performing terrorist acts are not the same people as those who complain about Islamaphobia.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 2:22 pm

Khan_Sama wrote:
I did not do it. ^^;;

I was not accusing you, Khan Sama.

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2008, 2:38 pm

In fact if you had a brain rather than a projection screen the you would realize that the bomb attacks are the work of the CIA in order to bring leverage to the discussions with the Iraqi proxy government viz US base rights.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 2:42 pm

Orwell wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I would assume that those performing terrorist acts are not the same people as those who complain about Islamaphobia.

Maybe they are.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2008, 4:06 pm

Hashberry wrote:
In fact if you had a brain rather than a projection screen the you would realize that the bomb attacks are the work of the CIA in order to bring leverage to the discussions with the Iraqi proxy government viz US base rights.

Geez!

Proof?

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2008, 4:09 pm

Oggleleus wrote:
Hashberry wrote:

Geez!

Proof?

Wheres yours?

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2008, 4:10 pm

Matter of fact i dont have to give you proof, im just telling you thats the way it is. You know im right too.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:13 am

Hashberry, there is proof.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/20/inter ... ref=slogin

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1556

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... icleId=992

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0510/S00052.htm

These intelligence agencies are the ones who are behind terrorists networks. War is a necessary evil for the west. Democracies can't function without an enemy image, a monstrous myth (in this case, the terrorist myth) needs to be created so that society can be united.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 9:29 am

Hashberry wrote:
Matter of fact i dont have to give you proof, im just telling you thats the way it is. You know im right too.

I tried this kinda "logic" with my 8th grade teacher on a biology test and it did not work. Trying "bully" tactics to convince someone that the CIA is responsible for this, is kinda ironic and very telling.

I have a brain and my brain is telling me that there is no point for me to dignify any more responses.

Thanks for the healthy exchange of ideas.

Peace

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2008, 10:00 am

The sad fact my friend is that you are probably too far gone and have been thoroughly brainwashed with government propoganda. I would need to tutor you somehow and fill in the gaps that your lack of curiosity about the Iraq situation have left you with a standard government issue opinion.

My friend you have missed tens of thousands of news articles on the situation other than the ones your masters have shoved under your nose into your feed bag.