Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman just because she flirted with him?
No 46%  46%  [ 65 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 65 ]
Yes 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Yes 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, in some circumstances. 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Maybe, in some circumstances. 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 140

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,382

05 Dec 2005, 9:33 am

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if she raped him 30 minutes earlier?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if they were the only two people left, and raping her was the only chance for human-kind to continue?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if someone is threatening to blow up an orphanage full of children if the man refuses?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if they are actually one and the same person who has some form of multiple-personality disorder?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if it is within the context of an entire culture and society which supports and encourages this sort of activity and will likely become predjudiced against the man if he doesn't?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if forced to choose between raping or killing her?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if she will otherwise be raped by a dog?

Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman... if an evil spirit is possessing her body and offering to sleep with him? (ie like in Ghostbusters)

etc
etc
etc



thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,178
Location: SA, Australia

05 Dec 2005, 9:50 am

Is it acceptable to rape a woman in a dream? Because if not I'm in trouble...


_________________
255 characters max. Type your signature with HTML coding


toddjh
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
Location: Champaign, IL, USA

05 Dec 2005, 9:56 am

Fine, any plausible sentence beginning with "Is it acceptable for a man to rape a woman...?" :P

Jeremy



thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,178
Location: SA, Australia

05 Dec 2005, 10:45 am

One circumstance where a flirty woman is responsible for rape is when the flirty woman is the rapist.


_________________
255 characters max. Type your signature with HTML coding


ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,471

05 Dec 2005, 6:37 pm

He shouldnt rape her if they were the last people on earth.



pink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 127
Location: Wausau, WI

08 Dec 2005, 1:27 am

Violence against another person is never acceptable.



thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,178
Location: SA, Australia

08 Dec 2005, 9:27 am

ilikedragons wrote:
He shouldnt rape her if they were the last people on earth.


But if they're the last people on Earth he'd get away with it.


_________________
255 characters max. Type your signature with HTML coding


Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,571

08 Dec 2005, 4:46 pm

thatrsdude wrote:

But if they're the last people on Earth he'd get away with it.

I sincerely hope he'd be motivated by more than getting caught as far as not raping the woman.



Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 270
Location: Borehamwood, Herts, UK

12 Dec 2005, 11:27 am

hecate wrote:
Quote:
A third of Britons blame flirty women for rape.

One in three Britons believes a woman who flirts is partly or totally responsible if she is raped an opinion poll showed today.
Between a third and a quarter of respondents also put part or all of the blame on the woman if she wears sexy clothes, drinks too much, has many sexual partners or walks alone in a deserted area.


Sounds like there are a lot of would-be rapists out there


_________________
It's just amazing how bears and people can be.
www.bearsac.com


Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 270
Location: Borehamwood, Herts, UK

12 Dec 2005, 12:00 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
There's no other reason to wear revealing clothes other than to get the attention of men. So if you don't want that attention then stop wearing a big sign that says "Hit on me!"


I agree that there is no justification for rape. It's a crime, and a bad one.



Some women do indeed wear clothes to attract men; and of those, some do maybe flirt with a little too much promise of sex only to say no.
Flirting is a fun social activity and people tend to over estimate the intelligence of the person they are flirting with to gage how real it is. This is where dangers can spark. There is no excuse for rape, as you say.
However, There are women that are proud of the way they look and like to show it off in the same way muscle men like to show off their bodies. No-one comments on men in tight jeans or short shorts and no shirt that flirt.

There are also women that are insecure about they way they look or about some other aspect of themselves but like the attention they get from people if they dress in a sexy or tarty way as they realise men look at them lustfully and women with jealousy and this makes them feel more sexy, beautiful, cool or just more secure. Sometimes they just like the adrenalin rush they get when they are lusted at or the sense of power they feel from the jealous looks of other women.

Some women simply like the clothes and sometimes the compliments from both genders. It is an unintelligent society that misunderstands lawful freedom of choice if it is different from what society conditions them to believe.

I’m sure you agree that none of these are excuses to rape. However, they are reasons, amongst others, why women flirt and dress sexily even if they don’t want sex.

For whatever reason, they might want the attention, but not the rape.


_________________
It's just amazing how bears and people can be.
www.bearsac.com


Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

12 Dec 2005, 1:32 pm

Who was that dumb comedian who said

"theres no such thing as rape, just suprise sex"



hecate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,011

12 Dec 2005, 5:18 pm

Laz wrote:
Who was that dumb comedian who said

"theres no such thing as rape, just suprise sex"


i don't know who said it but i have my own version:

there's no such thing as murder, just suprise euthanasia.



TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 571
Location: From The Dark Past

12 Dec 2005, 6:07 pm

Laz wrote:
Who was that dumb comedian who said

"theres no such thing as rape, just suprise sex"


thats one of the dumbest thing i ever herd


_________________
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered


Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

12 Dec 2005, 6:52 pm

TheViking wrote:
Laz wrote:
Who was that dumb comedian who said

"theres no such thing as rape, just suprise sex"


thats one of the dumbest thing i ever herd


Yes its certainly up there



pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 350
Location: San Marcos, CA

13 Dec 2005, 1:40 am

lowfreq50 wrote:
There's no other reason to wear revealing clothes other than to get the attention of men. So if you don't want that attention then stop wearing a big sign that says "Hit on me!"
.


I think this is ridculous. Often times men will think something is sexy that is just normal clothing. I personally am extremely offended and rude as hell if someone walks up to me and trys to put the moves on me, I didn't look at them, I didn't give any indication that I was interested in them, what right do they have to bother me? Too many men act like it is thier god given right to be dickheads who perv all over women because they find them attractive, I think they should be chemically castrated.


_________________
I hate hearing, "you don't seem autistic/aspie". I have a nagging suspicion most people have no idea what autistic or aspie "seem" like in the first place...


pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 350
Location: San Marcos, CA

13 Dec 2005, 1:43 am

ed wrote:
I didn't say it was ok, I just said it was.

You can be as politically correct as you want, you can pass all the laws you want, but men exist to screw women. As many as possible. As often as possible. That trumps acceptability, because it is reality

Do you always speak for your entire gender, or is this a new thing to justify being a pig?


_________________
I hate hearing, "you don't seem autistic/aspie". I have a nagging suspicion most people have no idea what autistic or aspie "seem" like in the first place...