Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:08 pm

Batman Arrested in Tampa

This story is actually news to me because:

1. I live down here.
2. He's really a decent guy. Quiet type.
3. I was down there along with a zillion other people when this all took place so I saw it "go down".

Cops down here apparently aren't too busy these days.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:12 pm

HOLY FLORIDIAN FOLLY!! ! 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:19 pm

I'm glad to know that it WASN'T Adam West, but just some yutz who likes to dress as the Batman when he goes to gay bars.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:26 pm

I'll bet there's some joker out there who's laughing his ass off right now...

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:33 pm

Think about it - when you see Batman on Gotham City TV, he is usually standing next to a criminal. On the other hand, when you see the Penguin on TV, he is surrounded by law enforcement officials. Batman wears a mask, and we don't know who he really is - maybe he is a muslin terrorist. Batman cannot be trusted!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE[/youtube]

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 4:54 pm

Cyberman wrote:
I'll bet there's some joker out there who's laughing his ass off right now...

HAhahaHOhaheheHAhohaHOO

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 6:15 pm

monty wrote:
Think about it - when you see Batman on Gotham City TV, he is usually standing next to a criminal. On the other hand, when you see the Penguin on TV, he is surrounded by law enforcement officials. Batman wears a mask, and we don't know who he really is - maybe he is a muslin terrorist. Batman cannot be trusted!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE[/youtube]

Part A: Excellent point!

Part B: Muslin terrorist? LOL, what about a cotton terrorist? Or a polyester one? The velour terrorist would be nice and fuzzy, maybe we should keep him around.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 7:10 pm

"Tampa police arrested Walsh Ian Nichols, 21, for violating a state law that forbids wearing a mask on a public right of way, a statute written in the 1950s apparently aimed at the hooded Ku Klux Klan."

That sounds incredibly lame. Are Tampa police really that bored?

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 8:00 pm

Mage wrote:
"Tampa police arrested Walsh Ian Nichols, 21, for violating a state law that forbids wearing a mask on a public right of way, a statute written in the 1950s apparently aimed at the hooded Ku Klux Klan."

That sounds incredibly lame. Are Tampa police really that bored?

Apparently. A lot of places have laws against wearing masks in public, I guess because people only wear masks, as we all know, to hide their identity when they're going to break the law. That's why this guy is wearing a bat mask that only covers half his face and goes around letting everybody know who he is.

From the article: "You have to wonder, the police spokeswoman said, why someone would choose to conceal his face."

Gee, I dunno. Maybe because he's dressed as Batman.

But I think you'll be just fine if you paint your face, say white and red.
AHAHAHAHA HEheHEheHEEE!

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:07 pm

I have to wonder why someone would try to hide their identity by wearing glasses and acting like a geeky reporter.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:30 pm

Why I am I not surprised this happened in Florida I mean it just happens to be the one place where it seems all the crooked law enforcement goes.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:34 pm

The eye patch i wear when grocery shopping conceals part of my face - wonder if that would give me in trouble.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 4:41 am

Triangular_Trees wrote:
The eye patch i wear when grocery shopping conceals part of my face - wonder if that would give me in trouble.

maybe

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 3:07 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:

I am curious, is the eye patch for functional reasons or for decorative reasons?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2008, 3:29 pm

Wow, Tampa must be a wonderfully crime free area, if local police don't have any real work to do! Plenty of extra time to harass people for dumb reasons.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 4:46 pm

Mage wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:

I am curious, is the eye patch for functional reasons or for decorative reasons?

Functional - I can't have both eyes exposed to flickering light at the same time -and that includes things like have a ceiling fan near the light, or a freezer light blinking on and off.

Come january I probably won't need as much when out because then I won't be exposed to all those blinking halloween, christmas decoration and sale lights around every corner in the store

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html