Chinese made cosmetics made from executed prisoners!

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 6:19 am

This sounds kinda fake but if it's real it's extremely disgusting. I feel bad for saying this, but I don't trust China at ALL.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 7:58 am

TallyMan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
^That's sad too...I luv animals. :cry:

But in the documentary it was more than what they made of them. They did stuff while they were alive which is probably too graphic for this thread.

I would deem at as animal cruelty..not because they slaughtered them but with what they put them through while alive!

Reminds me of a documentary I saw of a Korean street market with what looked like bamboo cages crammed full of little dogs. A customer came up and bought one. It was plunged, alive and screaming, into a vat of boiling water to be cooked there and then.

I felt sick to the stomach and had to change TV channel.

The French don't censor what they show on television so much as they do in England. Similarly with the news. Daytime news here can show war zones with human remains and body parts and limbs laying around in bloody pools in the aftermath of bomb blasts etc.

I'm French, and what you says about censor in television is true, but not at that point, we're not seeing high-def corpses in bloody pools.
Else, if this Chinese society sells beauty products with human collagen EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ! !! ! There's also the risk, like TallyMan wrote, that infectious diseases could go into the collagen, but i'm not very sure of it, because only skin-related problems could transmit, not HIV or hepatitis, who are mainly transmitted by blood or sexual relations.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 1:16 pm

Can't say I'm surprised. Not with China anyway.

I've seen some of the milder pictures showing torture of their prisoners. They still haunt me, but again, I wasn't surprised- this comes from a country with a complete lack of respect regardng both its human and animal occupants who do nothing 'wrong' in the eyes of Chinese authority.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 3:17 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Chinese made cosmetics containing collagen are only 5% the price of those produced in the West.
The reason has now become apparent:

China is using the skin of executed prisoners to make cosmetics and selling those products to America and Europe.

link

Can Chinese products sink any lower?

I'm just hoping they don't start using this same method for manufacturing electronics and ceiling fans.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 3:38 pm

I haven't seen those videos- though I have seen still pictures of dogs being hung up and skinned. Don't they eat some animals alive too? Disgusting. I know it's not just China who does these things but still... how horrible.

The worst I've seen on video is of a pig getting decapitated (I didn't know I was gonna see it) and its body still writhing. I'm sure that death was quite 'pleasent', if you say that, compared to what happens in many fur farms- and while a quick skinning is excruciating, anyone who's ever accidently had some skin torn off can vouch but it ain't no stretch of the imagination, I've heard that some forms of skinning can take 20 minutes or more.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 5:52 pm

Kind of reminds me of Elizabeth Bathory and what she did with all her servants to stay young and beautiful! :|

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 6:06 pm

Wouldnt that be a horrible way to die. Some one hang you upside down from a tree and skin you alive.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 8:33 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Chinese made cosmetics containing collagen are only 5% the price of those produced in the West.
The reason has now become apparent:

China is using the skin of executed prisoners to make cosmetics and selling those products to America and Europe.

link

Can Chinese products sink any lower?
I honestly don't see the problem. They didn't kill them for the cosmetics. They were already dead. Might as well LOL!
P.S. I'm serious

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 9:25 pm

Yeah, but what if they did it right before they were executed :?:

As crazy and unbelieavable as that sounds Japan use to do experiments on the Chinese when they while they were still alive before having them executed.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:49 am

LeKiwi wrote:
Cosmetics are generally very toxic anyway. This is revolting, but to be fair, human rights issues aside the stuff isn't any worse than any other ingredient you'll find...

So glad I only use the natural stuff.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I won't wear any cosmetics outside of Lip Smackers lip gloss. I am freaked out about issues, like infection. Especially with eye makeup, I mean you could get some horrible infection or something and go blind. 8O

I'm not saying I'd never buy cosmetics though, I don't know. I think the main thing is to use something like q-tips or a sponge to apply makeup, so there is little to no opportunity for germs to get into the makeup and colonize. I also heard never pump mascara cause you push air into the tube, which can cause germs to go in there.

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Nov 2008, 2:22 am

If everyone is really disgusted/concerned over human rights issues, then you will avoid buy china made products.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 2:46 am

rabbit90 wrote:
If everyone is really disgusted/concerned over human rights issues, then you will avoid buy china made products.

How? Everything is Chinese!

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 10:10 am

Meh, it's almost as bad as in India. Only difference is that we have a free media, which rawks.

Peace.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 12:10 pm

I rofl'd.

Thornheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2008, 1:26 am

I'm just surprised China hasn't cleaned up it's act and stopped violating human and animal rights laws and contaminating their products with dangerous chemicals.

And started actually paying their workers livable wages.

And that we haven't stopped importing their crap.

Wait why am I surprised again?

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 6:33 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I've seen secret-film footage of Chinese fur farms where they kill dogs and cats for fur coats that people (not me, but some people) buy in the West. There was this little dog in a cage and he looked just like my dog Patch which made me cry cos that's just so horrible! And they showed images of where they skin the animals in a big machine when they're still alive then the rest of them gets thrown on this big pile and you can see them still moving...I'm going to stop now. Trust me on this, it's disgusting. I recommend you don't even watch it.

I'm amazed you watched it. I couldn't even bare to think, let alone watch the infamous cat death scene that was faked in the movie Untraceable. I'm sorry you had to see that, really just, it's not worth upsetting yourself so much over things out of your control. It took me awhile to learn that for myself.