Look out, it's Robocop! ...or something.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:30 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4314674/Scientists-develop-robocop-to-capture-suspects.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWqL8LZQY0[/youtube]

I'm scared, how about you?

Somehow, I think they jumped the gun in deciding to show off this robot's... er... skill.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 4:00 pm

i think the scariest thing about it is the price, no one's going to be able to afford it unless they're willing to sell every possesion worth protecting and then the robo-cop will end up redundent...

the net doesn't look all that powerfull either unless you got hitin the face and choked through strangulation... i'm guessing it'll either be useless of fatal :?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:10 pm

I think it spraying a jet of mace, or launching a couple Chinese stars might be better than the clearly-ineffective net.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 8:04 am

Ragtime wrote:
I think it spraying a jet of mace, or launching a couple Chinese stars might be better than the clearly-ineffective net.

chinese stars, shurikens, or any type of projected blade could cause a fatal wound and not be allowed on the market, then again a little customization never hurt the creator ;)

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jan 2009, 6:06 pm

It is a cliche to see robots and japanese folks? lol :)

Download both in PDF format for free!

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 1:14 pm

I wonder if that little robot is bulletproof or not.