Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:47 am

Gay Organiztaions Put On Terroirst Watch List

This is just a new low for homophobic people, I am disgusted and kinda with I could move to Canada by snapping my fingers.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:55 am

America and Britain and possible some other so called "free" countries are gradually becoming police states. Freedom is being eroded, surveillance increased, those who differ from the norm are considered a threat. Eventually freedom will be gone - all in the name of protecting that freedom. :(

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 7:00 am

this just goes to show that people with power abuse it more often than not and that they are also afraid of everything, there may be a few homosexual terrorists out there in the world but aren't parades the most 'damaging' aspect of most gay groups? in my oppinion parades aren't even damaging in the slightest.

if the group have threatened to blow up a building then yes, they can be declared as terrorists but from what i've seen they've only been labeled because they're a group and also homosexual.

what's the world coming to?

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:21 am

Human nature shows that people always need someone to hate. It just so happens that in modern times homosexuals make an easy target. That will pass sooner or later and people will find some other group to stigmatize.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 5:18 pm

Gay terrorists? Where do I sign up?!
Instead of blowing up buildings we could re-decorate them.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 5:43 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:

Don't forget about the men's prisons we can really do some damage with some dark purple inmate pants, shirts, and shoe along with a few can of HOT PINK paint to cover the prison and of course we could take the weights out and put a yoga studio in ^_^

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:25 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
NocturnalQuilter wrote:

Don't forget about the men's prisons we can really do some damage with some dark purple inmate pants, shirts, and shoe along with a few can of HOT PINK paint to cover the prison and of course we could take the weights out and put a yoga studio in ^_^

apart from removing the weights i'd say it's an improvement, we should find a comprimise.

with that aside, i think i've found what these gay terrorists look like:

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:36 pm

Our gay mafia ring leader: Stilts McLatex

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2009, 9:00 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
Gay Organiztaions Put On Terroirst Watch List

This is just a new low for homophobic people, I am disgusted and kinda with I could move to Canada by snapping my fingers.

While not a justifiable action, I am curious as to how you know this move was motivated on the basis of homophobia? To be clear, I am curious as to how you know this group wasn't put on the list for other reasons, seeing as how a number of groups were on the list. Or are the facts really irrelevant here? Do all we need to know is that gays were there; ergo, it must have been a homophobic move?

According to the article:

"Thirty-two widely varied organizations, including the gay group Equality Maryland, Amnesty International, and the Hiroshima-Nagasaki Commemoration Committee . . . "

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 9:15 pm

KazigluBey wrote:
Do all we need to know is that gays were there; ergo, it must have been a homophobic move?

Sounds good to me.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2009, 9:19 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
Do all we need to know is that gays were there; ergo, it must have been a homophobic move?

Sounds good to me.

I guess, if one doesn't care to get to the root of a problem in order to actually fix it. Personally, I'm fond of facts as opposed to blind prejudice--and that goes for both sides.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2009, 10:36 pm

Dude, did you see the list of potential terror groups? 8O They had amnesty international on it. Whoever made up this list is looney tunes.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2009, 10:47 pm

notbrianna wrote:
Dude, did you see the list of potential terror groups? 8O They had amnesty international on it. Whoever made up this list is looney tunes.

Indeed they are; that however, is no reason to presume that because Equality Maryland was on the list that it reflects homophobic views. Falsely judging someone as homophobic is as bad as being homophobic.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:15 pm

Down with terrorism!!1

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 12:31 am

KazigluBey wrote:
Falsely judging someone as homophobic is as bad as being homophobic.

But it still works for me.
"facts" are highly over-rated and easily reduced to that of mere opinion, depending on who you speak to.
But go ahead and take the high road. I never claimed to be a better person.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2009, 12:40 am

I'm not trying to take a high road, just a consistent one.