Foster mother struck off for letting Muslim girl convert

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 11:16 pm

Nah, i was being a smart ass. Basically, this story is inflammatory and doesn't give the whole story.

I'm not sure if this is about freedom or coercion. The reporting is so poor. It seems slanted to stirring the pot as opposed to exploring some of the deeper issues. It's not written to explain what happened as to confirm a preset notion of what happened.

Metta.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:14 am

That is ridiculous. There is no physical way of forcing someone to change religion otherwise I would have been converted several times over! She is 16 and in the UK that means you are allowed to choose for yourself. If this had been a regular parent who has a different religion to their child and the child decides to take that parent's religion then no one would have took any notice. That is why I am soooo not interested in religion.

Vulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2009, 9:58 am

Rjaye wrote:
Nah, i was being a smart ass. Basically, this story is inflammatory and doesn't give the whole story.

I'm not sure if this is about freedom or coercion. The reporting is so poor. It seems slanted to stirring the pot as opposed to exploring some of the deeper issues. It's not written to explain what happened as to confirm a preset notion of what happened.

Metta.

i agree... :?

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 11:16 am

If she had tried to stop the girl from converting that would have been seen as restrcting the girl's religious rights :roll:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)