Do you ever sleep with a teddy bear or something?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eviethesloth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2019, 5:03 pm

I always have my toy monkey in bed with me i can’t sleep without him.
i’ve had him since i was 1 :)

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2019, 6:59 am

I sleep with Bear mum want to wash it cause it dirty but not let her as not same when washed

troublesomeTome
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2019, 12:11 am

i sleep with stuffed animals all the time! i tend to switch them out after a while but i've been using the same stuffed cat for a few months now and i love him

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2020, 9:44 pm

I slept with 40+ stuffed animals until almost age 13. It should be noted that I actually continued to collect plush toys through 5th grade as part of the way my special interest in animals manifested. After my parents made the decision to put a lot of my stuffed toys into the attic, I began sleeping with a lot less, but to this day when I’m a 17-year-old guy I sill prefer to have a couple to hold in bed.
...wow, is it just me or does that last sentence sound unintentionally dirty.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 1:53 am

I have a body pillow, basically I need to sleep holding something but it can't be a real person because then we both get too hot.

My stuffed cat sits next to my bed watching me sleep like a creep.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:04 pm

simonthesly74 wrote:
I slept with 40+ stuffed animals until almost age 13. It should be noted that I actually continued to collect plush toys through 5th grade as part of the way my special interest in animals manifested. After my parents made the decision to put a lot of my stuffed toys into the attic, I began sleeping with a lot less, but to this day when I’m a 17-year-old guy I sill prefer to have a couple to hold in bed.
...wow, is it just me or does that last sentence sound unintentionally dirty.

Same my plushies are the hosts for my imaginary friends Plush, I carry around one as a comfort object. the one in the middle in the second photo. I have more but the rest of mine haven't been brought to maine. (In the process of moving cross country. I used to have hundreds when i was younger too but when i moved to my dads house i lost most of them. I collected more but around 11-12 my dad threw them out. He refused to fund my plushie obsession. However i think he's warming back up to it. :razz:
below are some pictures. :)

Qwerty_Pop
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2021, 11:45 pm

MHM!! I sleep with a blankey and a small Link plushie (the Link one is the last thing I got from Toys-R-Us before it closed :(. The blankey is a comfort item since I was a baby.)

sixthes
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2021, 7:32 am

I love sleep next to the wall. :mrgreen:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 11:05 am

I have a stuffed tiger shark and Komodo dragon that I sleep with. I don’t always cuddle them, but I like to feel them there even if I’m not touching them. I too slept entirely surrounded by stuffed animals into my teen years, but most of them hang out in the basement now. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to bring myself to get rid of any of them.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2021, 12:01 am

I don't but I know plenty of people that do.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 12:11 am

Not specifically, but I did sleep with my cat a lot growing up...he'd lay on my chest for a bit purring and then would move down to the foot of my bed to sleep, I always did find that comforting.

Then I went to college, and well I did not sleep as good without the cat...college didn't work out so I moved back home and unfortunately while there my cat passed on, he was at least 15 and I think cats tend to live for 15-20 years so he certainly had reached an older cat age but I still miss him.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 12:37 am

I sleep with the blanket I've had since I was a baby. I've done that for my entire life, so I have crap quality of sleep without it.

Nateishere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm

I sleep with a cat and a panda.

Sciency_Owen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2022, 11:32 am

Yes. I have a teddy bear from when I was born, a fish plushy from when I was 5, a dachshund heat pack, a weighted blanket and a recycled T-shirt montage blanket that I sleep with every night.

artisticKoala
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2022, 9:31 pm

Heck to the yeah, i have a stuffed koala, who i've had my whole life. i don't always cuddle him at night, but it's always in my bed, and i find it when I'm upset, and i love stroking its fur, it's very calming

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 9:49 pm

I've got a whole room full of stuffed toys and I sleep with several of them at a time until I decide to switch them with something new. Most of them are modeled after cartoon characters, but I also have ones I made myself.