Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 2:37 pm

cbd wrote:
sorry to hear your current feelings .

alot of people are dipshits unless they have exper3ince with diverse range of people .

you are only 20 .. it could be linked to your age group specifically .

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i am 38 years old.

it appears to me, that, all things equal, younger people appear to have a harder time interacting with people that are different from them, than older people.

however, plenty of older people also have a hard time interacting with people that are different from them.

neurotypicals, extroverts, cisgenders, and heterosexuals are in the majority. they have their little "in" groups. (cliques). no matter how old they get, they still have not (necessarily) had any substantial interaction, with anyone that is significantly different from them in those ways (or any other ways). it is not hard for them to avoid or ignore everyone that is different from them, because there are so many neurotypicals and so few autists.

plenty of companies (and precious lil "people") claim to value "diversity". but "actions speak louder than words". they do not know how to deal with anyone with a different personality than them.

unless a neurotypical's academic major involves autism, many neurotypicals do not know anything about autism. many neurotypicals are not willing to be receptive to autistics. many neurotypicals do not know that they do not know anything about autism. (not all neurotypicals are like that).

nobody knows everything.

nobody is perfect.

not everything and everyone is always the way they appear.

"Why the f*ck are neurotypicals so disrespectful/rude towards me for literally no reason ? It seems that no matter what i do or where i go, they will always treat me with contempt and like im a complete idiot. This has turned me into an asocial and a hermit, to the point of developing an intense hate and resentment towards them. I just want to know your thoughts or advice on how can i have better relationships and stop feeling this way about them,"

the neurotypicals that you have interacted with, are not necessarily a representative sample of all neurotypicals.

8 billion precious lil "people" in the solar system.

not all neurotypicals are the same.

your post does not contain enough information to determine the answer to "why" the neurotypicals treated you the way they treated you. strangers on the internet are not telepathic. the answer could be for a lot of different reasons. the reasons could be subconscious. even the neurotypicals that you are writing about, might not even be aware of the reasons.

you can't measure respect or etiquette.

not everyone defines and measures respect or etiquette the same way.

they might not have meant to be disrespectful or rude.

or they might have thought you were disrespectful or rude to them, so they were disrespectful or rude to you.

your post is not specific enough.

you would have to show a video, which would contain more information and nonverbal communication, which strangers on the internet could try to (mis)interpret.

Jacojack19
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2022, 7:10 pm

@shortbalduglyman I don’t even think that a video would be enough for most people to know why i have been mistreated. With this post im not necessarily looking for an specific solution to the problem, but to hear some people that have gone through the same situation and listen to their experiences.

Yes there are 8 billion people in this world, all of them being individuals, but the majority of them also count with a set of rules which most autistic people can’t understand/follow. Humans have a record of ostracizing people that seem different (which was my case and a lot of people in this website). We as autistics can trigger this sense of difference in neurotypicals, independently of who they are as a person.