Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2010, 9:04 pm

My mom told me that I was walking in my sleep a few nights ago. I didn't do anything weird, I just walked over to a door, banged into it, and went to go the other way before my mom got me to my room.

This has only definitely happened twice in my life: Once a camp and once when I'd skipped my medicine, got downstairs and started trying to open random bottles (my dad told me about this).

I don't actually know if I've done it before and just not left my room (I've woken up to find things taken out of my closet and books lying open on the floor).

It's a little unnerving as I don't ever remember doing anything.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm

I was a somnambulist until I was about 13. In my case, I would pee in/on things. :oops:

Likewise, no memory of it afterward, despite being told that I seemed coherent and interactive at the time.

Check this link--maybe it's a med thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somnambulism

MDM
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2010, 11:48 pm

I had 'night-terrors' from the age of 9-12. Generally both sleep walking and night-terrors are an indication of too much stress.

TripBSA
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Sep 2010, 8:23 pm

CTBill wrote:
I was a somnambulist until I was about 13. In my case, I would pee in/on things. :oops:

Wow, me too but not for over a year now. Usually clothes hampers got peed in. Only thing I ever remember from a night walk is a night when I used cake icing from the fridge to fingerpaint all over the kitchen table. Woke up with bright pink and blue hands and icing all over my pajamas.

Pageognat
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2010, 5:06 pm

You did it in your sleep. Of course you don't remember it. It's like a dream, only your body hasn't fully deactivated yet. The average human has seven dreams a night. Do you remember all of them?