I'm a girl and I'm falling in love with my gay best friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 9:16 pm

See, my best friend is a really cute gay guy. We've told each other we love each other but it's only meant as friends. He always makes me really happy when I talk to him and he's really sweet. I think I'm falling in love with him. I told him and he said "crushes are harmless," but I don't like it. It almost feels like I'm wrong for liking him, like I'm disrespecting his preference or something. Does anyone have any advice how I can get rid of the feelings, or deal with them somehow? Has anyone else ever done this? (I'm a girl btw.)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm

I really like my friend...who claims she is a lesbian. I know she is attracted to me, not just because she approached me, not just because we slept together, but because I just know these things. So I have a similar problem.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 10:40 pm

The only thing I can advise is to decide if you can handle just having a friendship with this guy. And realize that b/c of his sexual preference, nothing will happen... this does not mean you can't appreciate who he is but you should try to look for other options.

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2011, 11:05 pm

It sounds to me as if he's cool with it, and as long as you don't expect him to reciprocate the same feelings it's OK. Gay guys are not only "safe", but possessed of some of the traits and understanding that our female friends usually have and we only wish the other men we know have. All that in a cute male package? It happens often enough.

E-Wreck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2011, 1:15 am

Believe me, it happens to TONS of girls! I know many MANY girls who have liked gay guys. They're kind of an attraction. Don't worry, you're doing nothing wrong.