3 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
4 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
5 or older 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 74

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 9:30 am

I have most of my early memories from age 2-5. 6-12 is pretty much erased from my mind, for some reason.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

2, I was at my semi-distant cousin's house and we were talking about... something. There was cartoons on in the background. Large room, near entrance of house. Beach chair...? in center of room. Funny, me and this cousin didn't say a word to each other for 16 years. Now we chat about a few things on facebook. Haha.

I never went to pre-school.

EaglesSayMeow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2010, 8:48 am

Two? That's the earliest memory where I can find the date from context clues.

I know that when I was two, my dad put me on a swing
I know that when I was four, mom refused to read to me one night. The book had to do with soccer.
I know that when I was four, I went to Legoland, London, and I played on 'racecars'
I know that there was a couch in the shape of lips at the Dali museum in London
I know that my mom used cardboard to make hats for my preschool graduation (4?)
I know that when I was still young enough to go to the 'little kids' playground, I played with a baby.
I know that when I was two or three, there was a sand table at mommy and me.
I know that there was a gym in my preschool. There was a basement under the gym. When I was three or four, I helped with the used toys sale there. Mom wondered why somebody donated underwear. My brother got a toy boat. I stuck a barbie head back onto the body.
I've got other memories, but they're all undated. I know most of these from context clues.

Call me Trish, please.

Beef_n00dles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

Yeah never kept track of my age, my oldest of oldest memories are from me just remembering remembering them if that makes any sense, they had to be dated from like 1-2 years old and are very vague. I can only date them from the feel of them, the older a memory is in my mind the more stranger it feels to me, like it has a different world view in it. The absolute oldest thing I think I can remember is laying down looking up at the ceiling of my grandfathers house, with a big fancy chandelier, wasn't sure what it was exactly, but it caught my attention that day. Next one is a dream, remember giant bees flying all over in this very dark void. More foggier memories are that people used to pick me up less and less as I got older, and I can remember walking more and more often upright instead of crawling. Like I remember a time when I was like 3 and I went back to crawling because of a sore on the back of my foot, and I was like, great back to this again.

oliver93
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

I can remember coming out of the bath when I was very little and at younger than 2.... well you can guess what my next memory was of :oops:

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:08 pm

Must have been before 2, though it sounds weird. I remember being carried up the stairs in our house where my mother was waiting for me. I was bawling my head out but not, as I vaguely remember, out of discomfort but because the trip upstairs wasn't ending quickly enough, it seemed to take forever.

My mother was wearing a dark blue gown in white polka dots with a round collar rimmed with some white material. If it wasn't for the fact that I remember this gown correctly down to the tiniest detail, I'd have thought that I have dreamt about it. But my mother said when I told her about the memory that she bought this gown roughly about the time after I was born and she had it until I was about 18 months old and then she threw it away. It's never been in any of the family pictures I've seen so it must have been a real memory after all.

oliver93
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Sep 2010, 5:12 pm

I have another one from when I was maybe 3 or 4 (possibly younger though) I was in nursery and we were making pictures by blowing paint through straws..... I sucked instead of blowing and got a mouth full of paint.

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2010, 1:27 am

I'm just a born gamer my earliest memory was playing contra at the age of 2... The next day I tried to emulate it with my friend I ran face first into a brick wall while running as fast as I could (I could run and speak full sentences at 2). When my mother found me lying on the grass with a bloody face she asked what happened... I explained to her what happened and I also said "It wasn't my fault my legs couldn't stop running".

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:35 am

I remember quite a bit before I was a year old.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2010, 7:17 pm

I specifically remember standing in the back yard, a few feet away from my house, and encountering a striped orange cat that, from what I can tell from the memory, appears to be about one half of my height. Then I remember clumsily stumbling backward and falling onto my butt. I don't say anything in response, and my dad is standing somewhere off to the side. For the cat to appear that large, for me to be that clumsy, and for me not to say anything in response, I must have been very young whenever I developed this memory.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

I think I remember my father changing my nappy (diaper) but again, many of my earliest memories don't carry an age tag.

HailFirePeaks
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

My earliest memory had to happen when I was no older than 9 months because I know it was before I could walk. I just remember crawling around on our kitchen floor and looking up at our green refrigerator.

Mosh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm

I believe my earliest moment is coming home from the hospital, walking into our house in my mothers arms.

BabyJhonny
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2010, 5:06 am

:cry: my earliest memory was i think 5 or 6 months after my 3rd birthday. My mum had gon shopping and my so called father took me upstairs to his room and made me do it with him. The abuse dident stop till i was 13, when i stabed him in the arm and threatend to stab him in the neck if he dident go back to pakistan. My mum dident mind me kicking him out cause he was abusive to her as well. Its probibly got a lot to do with why im an Adult Baby now. Though i guess i will never know why for certain. :cry:

melly-belly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2010, 6:22 am

I cant remember if i was 2 or 3 but it was one of those birthdays and i had juts gotten a pink barbie car van and my sister and i were pushing it back and forth between each other. i probably have earlier memories infact i do but this is the one that is most clear. im not sure if it was because the wheels on the car made this horrible squelling sound or not.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 2:01 pm

I remember playing in a ball pit when I was two, my dad walking out on me the same year, reading when I was two and a half, reading a chapter book at four, and going to an Autumn Glory parade when I was three or four.