Do you fell inferior , same or superior to normal people?

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you fell inferior , same or superior to normal people?
i feel inferior to normal people 36%  36%  [ 35 ]
i feel about the same to normal people 27%  27%  [ 26 ]
i feel superior to normal people 37%  37%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 97

BrickHorse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm

I don't necessarily fee better or inferior to people, but I feel different.

I like to think of it this way: Everyone else is the IBM DOS PC and I'm the Amiga
I'm just programmed to interface with both platforms!

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 11:08 pm

I think I'm equal to other people, just different. I struggle with things that others don't struggle with, but I'm good at things that others aren't good at. I guess it evens out.

orsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 1:45 am

DandelionFireworks wrote:
Most non-normals have been through hell themselves and know what it feels like. Most Aspies can connect with you the way NTs connect with each other. That's all; we're not inherently nicer.

As for being the next step in evolution, I believe you misunderstand what evolution is. There are no "steps" in evolution. Evolution is not something that makes your value increase as species get better and better; it's just the process by which organisms change to be more able to perpetuate their genes. Actually, it's the process by which genes seek to perpetuate themselves. That's all.

We can't be the next step in evolution if the genocide is successful. We ought to try to stop it, perhaps even by increasing the numbers of us who reproduce.

We are not inherently superior or inferior; we are equal. We are definitely better at some things; we are definitely worse at others. That's speaking in terms of broad generalizations about guesses about inherent potential; actual people who've actually lived and actually had experiences are a different beast entirely, about whom we can say much, little of it relevant.

kinda dont understand the genocide part

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Oct 2010, 5:54 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
Impossible to say, because I have difficulties that are very simple for NTs to accomplish, and vice versa. My difficulties may be others' strengths, while my strengths may be others' difficulties.
Well Said

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm

I have general feelings of inferiority towards all people, regardless of their cognitive capabilities. I suppose I take my parents' teachings of trying to remain humble too far.

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2010, 6:55 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
We are better at some things whereas NTs are better at different things. I don't think I can sum up who's superior because it depends entirely on what the situation is, who is involved, etc.

Overall it's probably equal, and I don't like to be too elitist, but I do like the idea that I'm good at things the majority find infinitely confusing 8)

I totally agree and really, we are never inferior or superior. :shameonyou: "Normal" people are dandelions which can grow any were, are easy to nurture and are every where. We are the orchids; rare and beautiful flower that are hard to grow, but are the one that come up with new inventions that help dandelions. In return they build those inventions and run them. :wtg:

Last edited by blade1993 on 17 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2010, 7:01 pm

As long as I'm awkward and bad at making friends, I'll feel inferior.

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2010, 7:24 pm

Squirrelrat wrote:
As long as I'm awkward and bad at making friends, I'll feel inferior.

I know how you feel. I have very few friends and always lose them when i get them.

Where is some of my advice;
>Find people that are interested in thing that you are interested in.
>Find some one that needs a friend to. They tend to be more interested in being friends rather than an acquittance.
>Join a club or youth group and meet people.
>Never try and fit in, the friendship never last.
>Be flexible, but don't bend over backwards for them all the time.
>Be upbeat if you can, if not try to laugh and smile and it will make you happy(works from me and i have depression :thumright: )
>Check with your local social services to see if there any Autism groups near where you live.
Hope you find a new pal. :viking:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

I feel inferior to normal people. I really wish I didn't have autism.

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2010, 3:31 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I feel inferior to normal people. I really wish I didn't have autism.

Why, that you wouldn't be you. :hmph: Autism is really just a complex way of life thats just different than the NTs way. It is like Asp-z said:
"We are better at some things whereas NTs are better at different things."
We are the rare and unique thinkers and have different ways of doing things based off our skills and weakness. We aren't inferior or superior to the NTs just different and more original than the NTs. :wink:

firefly_in_the_sky
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2010, 4:01 pm

When you think about it, words like 'superior' and 'inferior' have a kind of hitler-esque feel to them don't they? i don't like curebies because well, they want to change who i am and i feel comfortable with myself and i don't believe that my behaviour is a problem. But if we are the same towards NT's we would be just as bad as they are. The reality is that the majority of NT's who were given the chance would be fine and understanding, its only a minority who want to change us or are disrespectful.

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2010, 6:03 pm

firefly_in_the_sky wrote:
When you think about it, words like 'superior' and 'inferior' have a kind of hitler-esque feel to them don't they? i don't like curebies because well, they want to change who i am and i feel comfortable with myself and i don't believe that my behaviour is a problem. But if we are the same towards NT's we would be just as bad as they are. The reality is that the majority of NT's who were given the chance would be fine and understanding, its only a minority who want to change us or are disrespectful.

I agree 100%. "Better" and "worse", "superior" and "inferior", "right" and "wrong" are all based on some ones perspective or opinion of themselves and you. And why do we need to change, because were different, :? because we don't act like NTs tell us too, :x because we are suppose to blend in like people in gray suits that all look the same. :wall: It is not Us that need to change. It is their Attitude :arrow: Us that needs to change. nobody should have to change who they are, ever.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 6:08 pm

I feel inferior because I know I am. I don't have what they have. That inferiority complex I have comes out as me being agressive. I think its perfectly justified, as one poster on here pointed out that "Aspies have the odds stacked against them the minute they are born". For all of that, I champion my agression, at least I am slowly getting somewhere and yes, I am putting NT's down and making them feel like crap. I couldn't care less about them, for they are the same towards me.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 9:48 pm

I feel superior when it comes to using my brains, but inferior when it comes to being social.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 12:43 am

Modern life has killed the social scene, so there is no loss there. Honestly, today in the UK, you can't go anywhere without some drunken idiot accusing you of eyeing up his girlfriend and then getting physically violent. Or some gorgeous tart in a club coming onto you and if she gets turned down, she will then run to her male friends and tell them a pack of lies what you did to her, in the hope of getting them to beat you up or she'll file phony rape charges because she all so damm gorgeous and what right does a a man have in turning her down.

Note the above two examples are not from my personal experiences. I had to be clear on that, I know how you Aspies jump to conclusions.

RIOT-RIOT
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

hey just a heads up to the op

umm dont calll neurotypicals (NTs) "normal" people for the following
1. it makes them feel sad and inferior to us :cry:
2. in other cases it makes them act like they are gods or something (..see autism speeks, lol!)
3. ..... they actualy arent normal- really have you seen them, normal isnt a word to describe them

perhaps... unique or special.... nah swipe that thought