Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:10 pm

Even though I like socializing with a few people, I hate loud parties. There are too many people, and I hate the noise.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:17 pm

I can manage, but trying to understand what people are actually saying through all the music and other conversations is a energy drainer for me.

Tsela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2011, 6:55 pm

Same problem here: I can't hear the people next to me with all the background noise. I've never understood how others manage to hear each other over such noise.

By the way, it needn't be a loud party: I already have difficulties hearing what people say next to me in a busy bar or restaurant. The background noise needs to be very low, otherwise I can't understand anything.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 9:17 pm

Me, too. I don't mind smaller, more subdued parties, though.

This is why I have never been to a single high school dance. I can't stand that kind of environment.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 6:31 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Trying to understand what people are actually saying through all the music and other conversations is a energy drainer for me.

Same here!

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 8:58 pm

Me too. The noise alone is bad enough, but trying to talk over it is even worse. I avoid loud parties at all costs.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 9:05 pm

When I'm bothered by all the action and the noise at a loud party, I pretend to be having fun. It's part of being polite. I wish I could tell my parents, "I'm bored. I want to leave early," but that wouldn't be very nice.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 8:29 pm

Loud parties aren't my thing either. I don't mind loud music so much, however, I don't like it when the bass is turned up really high, that's really annoying.

Also, I won't go to a party where everyone drinks a ton and totally destroys the house. Not for me.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 5:50 pm

I hate how I can barely hear myself talk at a loud party.