Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
a more vital question would be what percentage of lefties write with the top of their writing instrument pointed away from their left shoulder, versus pointing inwards towards their left shoulder. there have been studies regarding this, and one such study said that the "outies" tend to live on average 10 fewer years and be more accident-prone. i read this in a newspaper years ago.
Interesting, and here I spent years teaching myself to be an outie. Just to seem more normal. That normal BS gets me every time. :(

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

I'm right-handed for pretty much, like everything. But I brush my teeth left-handed, for some unearthly reason....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

Right-handedness is a society-based condition. Basically, we have equal dexterity from birth. We are just told by school staff to use our right hand primarily. I am fairly ambidextrous despite this though, it helped when learning fret tapping on bass.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Oct 2012, 9:20 am

Handedness is influenced by genetic factors. In a study, 62% of autistic children were non right handed compared to 37% of controls but it was a small study.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 7:07 am

I'm a rightie. I went to a summer camp for aspies, and I didn't notice a particularly large percentage of lefties.

Agent_Smirnoff
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2012, 6:31 am

I am left handed, and the two people I know on the Autistic spectrum are both left handed as well.
I think there is a correlation.

Musicgirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

I am ambidextrous It wouldn't feel normal to me if I picked one hand over the other.

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

I'm left-handed.

When I went to playgroup I thought it was "wrong" because everyone else was right-handed, but when I tried to use my right hand it was uncomfortable. I can't write well at all with my right hand, but I can draw with it almost as well as with my left.

I write backwards (right to left) sometimes because it's easier. Does anyone else do this?

Heyman15678
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2013, 7:13 pm

People with Asperger's are right handed but I don't know about people being left handed maybe they're ambidextrous

lole
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2013, 12:07 am

MathematicalOwl wrote:
I'm left-handed.

When I went to playgroup I thought it was "wrong" because everyone else was right-handed, but when I tried to use my right hand it was uncomfortable. I can't write well at all with my right hand, but I can draw with it almost as well as with my left.

I write backwards (right to left) sometimes because it's easier. Does anyone else do this?

In 6th grade my science/ lit teacher had the class do this thing where we all had to write with our left hand, backwards and in cursive or something.

I was really confused, because I'm left handed and (I don't know if this is a common thing left handed people do or not) I learned all of my characters in weird ways to be able to keep up with the handwriting skills of other kids.

Point being I was completely unable to do the backwards and in cursive thing.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

i'm cross-dominant.
i have preferend hands for most actions i perform, but which hand that is depends on what i'm doing, and some things i have no preference at all.

for example, i write with my right hand becouse i am taught to, and i use a computers mouse with right becouse i have an ergonomic one, for righties.
i eat with left, catch with left, but throw with right.
drinking i do with whatever hand happens to be more convenient, depending on the place i put it down, and what i have in my hands at the time

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

when I last posted in this thread [last august] I was cursed with an accident [deer versus bicycle, I lost the deer won] and was thrown over the handlebars, landed hard on pavement and ended up in hospital with shattered arm and effed-up body. with my left arm out of commission I had to quickly learn how to do everything with my right hand. so now as a souvenir of the accident I am largely ambidextrous in an improvised sort of way.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

Right-handed here.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Right-handed here.

then this world likes YOU better. :hmph: ;)

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:09 pm

I'm left handed, although I'm technically ambidextrous, I write left handed and I pretty much use my left hand for everything.

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2013, 7:52 pm

That's something I've never heard before. I'm right handed myself.