High School Life, the Good, the Bad, and the Lonely

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mercado
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2014, 7:37 pm

Hello, what's your opinion of High School and the classmates?
For me, It's like a place where every student shows their true colors.
but what's your opinions since we have to be one big happy family

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

Both my son and niece are in freshman year and they say that it's pure hell - even worse than middle school.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm

Yea, high school really did suck. Hell is a good word for it, but I'm not sure that it's a strong enough word. To survive four years of that is a real accomplishment, but it has left me very angry and bitter and with more than a few psychological scars. I can only support home schooling. That is the only answer in my opinion. You get a better education in less time and without all of the torturous social environment.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm

Better than middle school, but still plenty of absolutely horrible people to be found.

techman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

basically it is a place where all the jerks and douchebags feast on the social inadequacies of the "dorks" yes it is as bad as they say and nobody actually cares... like at all. honestly if you find any teacher that actually cares about the students 1: latch on while you can because that disappears after a few years of teaching in hell, and 2: make sure they aren't just pretending to make themselves look better, that happens a lot

http://afteralliveseen.blogspot.com/

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm

I really like learning and have a lot of respect for my education but I hate the school environment. It's so noisy and the other kids are really annoying. I never have any time or space to myself, and there's no one I can talk to. I just hang around with the teachers normally...