Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jamiethesilent
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2011, 8:40 am

I am called r*&^%$£ a lot by people. It is insulting because it is saying that I have an IQ 0f 70 or less. I just ignore them.

- Cruch Bang Linux.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 9:56 am

Naturally. :roll:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

09 Feb 2011, 4:36 pm

People in my family call me 'ret*d' in a joking tone, after I've either bumped my head or walked into something because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The last person to use the word 'ret*d' as a means of insult got his head smashed into a teatherball pole. That was way back in third grade.

I've since matured, shrugging off any remark that I deem disrespectful.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:51 am

I had a woman in the supermarket call me a ret*d when I saw she had over 20 items in her cart and I had three items in my hands so I ran to get infront her to get an open register they she was heading for. I told her I highly doubt I am ret*d so who the f@ck are you to be throwing that name around? She then tells me her son is ret*d like that justifies her use of the word as an insult. So I told her of all people she should know better to call someone that. She just stared at me blankly like she could not grasp what I was talking about. :roll: I should have farted before I left the checkout line she would have had to stand there breathing it in while I walk off laughing like a villian. Bwahahaha! 8) :lol:

BradPollard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

I know it hurts and it hurts me too when people call us ret*ds :( but we know who we are and if we can learn to love our selfs then that`s what really counts :wink:. I remember being called a ret*d alot when I was in 6 grade and I was also called ugly and fat and after a while I began to beleave them. Then I fell in love with a beautiful girl who (lied to me) said she loved for who I was and I was ready to show her MY real self. So when we were on a date I was going to tell I loved her and on the date I got up set over a loud noise that hurt my hears and started to yell and carry on. After I was done carrying on I told her I loved her and she just laughed :cry:.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:17 am

I've been called one plenty of times. I just say, "yeah, I am kind of ret*d socially, thank God I have intelligence to make up for it!" usually they don't know what to say. :D They leave me alone after.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 11:39 am

Me and my Aspie best friend use that word when talking to each other all the time, but obviously we know we're joking around with each other.

If someone who didn't like me said it in an insulting way, obviously I'd be offended. One of my brother's friends did that and I punched him. But in cases like that, I'm more offended because of the context, not so much the word.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 2:26 am

When I was a little kid the doctors thought I was ret*d since I stimmed lots and was rebellious. A few kids have called me a ret*d in elementary school, but I just told them to shut up.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 6:57 pm

No, but I've been called things that are just as bad.

sevig
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2011, 11:13 pm

yes i hav and been called worse but i try to not let it affect me and if the keep it upp ill eventauly beat there ass

NatureFantasy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

maddycakes__ wrote:
I have, many times. It's never bothered me too much, though. The only times I can remember it really hurting was when it was my brother or father calling me it. Other people who have called me it were just horrible people that I hated anyway so I wasn't that bothered about it.

Same here, but people stopped calling me it after Middle School.

DarthKira
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2011, 12:56 am

My parents have called me one since quite alongtime. Still do. It doesn't phase me anymore, unless I'm having a rather bad day. I'm reminded several times a day. They still believe I'm going to grow out of all of it, but I don't think that'll happen. I'm never treated as a ret*d outside of my house since I limit my eccentric behaviour. I may make a few noises and walk on my toes but it's not enough to get noticed. I rarely go out anyways.

bigdaddy95
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

Zeek wrote:
Few times, jokingly. I have a reputation for being smart though so not too often. And anyway, people know I can tear them down with my own words if I feel the need.

What he said, can't touch this >:)

Hannah_x
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2011, 6:32 am

Yep, I have.
But the thing is.. It's just turning into another word, Even if your being normal, clver or being a little dim, you'll still be called it.
It's like the word gigner.. its being an offensive term. I'm a brunette but someone just calls me "Ginger" because he thinks im going to get offended, I'm not offended.. Since I'm not ginger. But it's just turning into another word.

They know its offensive so they use it.. They are just pathetic freaks who need to get taught a lesson.

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Always, my friends do when we're arguing about stuff. I return the favor, though.

Resented_M
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2011, 7:19 am

Only once, to my memory. And it wasn't to my face, even. But it hurt bad just the same. We had been moved in new tutor groups, vertical one, late last year, and a snippet of conversation from some slightly younger kids was relayed to me, which was something to the effect of "What do you think of the new tutor?" "They're alright, except for that year 11 ret*d."