griffon 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I don`t know 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
I don`t know 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 92

nonothefairy
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2006, 8:44 am

I`ve decided to give a poll.Please answer!

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

11 Aug 2006, 8:53 am

While I love mythological beasts, particularly researching the origins of various creatures, I am certainly not under the delusion that I am one of them.

Also, even if I were to pick an option on your poll: Dragon myths are far too wide-spread and vague (ranging from the legless, wingless wyrms that were said to curl round medieval hills to the flying, fire-breathed monster St. George is said to have slain to the less dangerous, water-associated lung of China to the Norse myth of Jormugard, the Serpent of the World) to allow anyone versed in much of them to choose easily. Unicorns (the vicious Persian kar-kar-dahn, the amazing conglomerate of many beasts from heraldry, the more peaceful Chinese ki-lin) have a similar problem. 'Faery' can refer to any member of the Unseelie or Seelie Courts, which ranges from kelpies to red-caps to brownies, but when used by itself usually refers to stories of changelings--not something I'd choose to be associated with. Narrow it down a bit? Or are we talking those hideously-watered down things you see slapped onto Barbie packages and the most saccharine of children's fantasy novels?

If I was to choose a favorite mythical beast, it would be the poor, forgotten catoblepas.

DavidR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2006, 5:32 am

thats actually what I really like about dragon mytholgy...that pretty much every culture has some

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 10:34 pm

Dragon. I will probably go with more modern depictions of them though which often show them as intelligent and powerful beings, that can be fierce and with good saving habits. Ok, I might not be powerful, however, I am intelligent, I can be a bit fierce, and I hate spending money and as such tend to hoard it. At the very least I see them as the best option for m. Griffons are vicious and can be hoarding too but they are not given the same credit for intelligence and they have a weird hatred of horses that I don't quite share. Unicorns are usually just seen as pretty, innocent ponies and I am not really a pretty, innocent person. I am DEFINITELY not a mermaid, I am male for one, and I do not like killing sailors(which was a part of the old mermaid myth). I guess I could have also selected fairy, but I didn't want to get caught into the whole nice, innocent, little pixie thing, I also am not too mischievious and do not commit too many pranks.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 10:49 pm

I'm not sure if I really fit any of those, but my favorite of them is the fairy, so I put it. (Though I am straight, thanks, if feminine. Heh.) My favorite mythological/fantasy creatures, after all, are fairies, vampires, and perhaps most of all, succubi! XD (Incubi are cool, too, but they appeal to me less because they don't have the sex appeal, being guys.)

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 11:58 pm

I always pick dragon so I picked griffin.

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 10:24 am

I don't know, someone should design a quiz.

BelaLugosi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2006, 1:29 am

I picked unicorn, because they are the most often misunderstood. Yes, even more than faries.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2006, 1:35 am

I guess I'm a sagittarius :wink:

TheLonerLatvianAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2006, 1:51 pm

I'm a beautiful little fairy

nonothefairy
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Sep 2006, 3:39 pm

i'm just wantin' to say that this isn't all that serious! :o in fact , i would have
put more beasts in here! (sigh) maybe a more ralistic poll would be more
liked? :?:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 10:36 pm

I don't think I'm any. But, I'd like to be either a mermaid or a fairy.

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2006, 2:40 am

i allways picture myself as a leopard. im very fantasy orientated, but my creature is just a leopard. there my soulmates

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2006, 2:43 am

else id be a quarter dark-elf, with a very noble yet misanthropic soul, a recluded ranger.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2006, 3:51 pm

I didn't kwow how animal would choose wether dragon and unicorn.

I cchose unicorn because I think unicorns uncommon, different (maybe missunderstood), like me :)

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't be any, but as an aspiring fantasy author, I'd love to write more about phoenixes (I'm a pyro- can't you tell? ;)). Chimeras are also very cool. They have a little bit of many different animals in them.