Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 5:29 pm

i was talking to someone once.
we were talking about clothes.
i had made a DELIBERATE attempt at looking normal (i tend to dress eccentrically on accident.)
and the topic fell on my fashion sense.
they basically said i dont dress typically... i mentioned that i attempt to dress as normally as i can...
and they tried to be nice and say "what is normal!?"

URFGHHH!! If theres one thing i cant stand, its NTs using that line. Normalcy is precious to me, i strive for it. i hate being bullied.
and i wanted to say, "YOU WANNA KNOW WHATS NORMAL?? YOU!! "

im so sad right now i just had to vent.

anyone wish they coule be like everyone else? cause im tired of not understanding peoples motives and sarcasm. it hurts :(

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2011, 5:45 pm

You should never be ashamed of who you are, whether its how you dress or what your ideas are. Your individuality is a beautiful thing. Just think how awful it is to be an NT. To have your identity be stolen and copied by thousand of others, no one says anything different, no one feels differently. Its as if Everyone in society are living robots. Your individuality is what makes you a human being and not a lifeless machine. And with your individuality you can find beauty in things no one else can, and you can truly appreciate life for what it is because it is YOU whos living it, and not you and a thousand others with the same life story. Your spirit will always be with you, and its better that your spirit is truly you and not the whole world. I know its hard sometimes, but just think of how your individuality has helped you to become a better person :)

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 8:50 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
You should never be ashamed of who you are, whether its how you dress or what your ideas are. Your individuality is a beautiful thing. Just think how awful it is to be an NT. To have your identity be stolen and copied by thousand of others, no one says anything different, no one feels differently. Its as if Everyone in society are living robots. Your individuality is what makes you a human being and not a lifeless machine. And with your individuality you can find beauty in things no one else can, and you can truly appreciate life for what it is because it is YOU whos living it, and not you and a thousand others with the same life story. Your spirit will always be with you, and its better that your spirit is truly you and not the whole world. I know its hard sometimes, but just think of how your individuality has helped you to become a better person :)

wow.. just wow!! thank you SO much... I will think of your words whenever I feel alone... thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I agree.. I feel so happy now, and definitely more confident :-)

thank you

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2011, 8:53 pm

That does sound very annoying!
I'm still tempted to use that line on people who tell me how abnormal I am, though. I guess it depends on the situation?

Jpdiffy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2011, 11:25 pm

I wish I could be normal. You see, I am bothered by sounds, and terribly so. If I did not hear those sounds, like everyone else, I would be happy. Right now, however, I feel so sick and tired of everything I see, exept things like this website, and my three gerbils. I just wish that for one day I could be totally normal, just to see what it is like, and to get a break from my constant headaches.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2011, 3:03 am

bradt4evr wrote:

:D That's a really nice thing to say.

And for an answer to your question... Nah, I'm pretty cool being myself. Most teenagers now all seem to be hating or loving something just because others do and stuff.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:09 am

Maybe they were not trying to bother you. I think they actually were trying to make you feel better. It is a very fair question: "what is normal!?" When people say that they are usually referring to the fact that there is no such thing as "normal". Everybody is different in his/her own way, so such thing as "normal" does not exist. And everybody is afraid because of that. Everybody wants to be "normal", but everybody is always afraid not to be. You think being NT will make you feel normal, but that's not true. NTs feel as bad as you, just that they hide it because they do not want people to notice they are afraid of not being like the rest. That's why everybody says they want to be "different", "original", etc., but they go and do exactly what everybody else is doing.

You have to learn to love yourself for who you are. Dare being who you are. Being an Aspie is wonderful. You are different, and that is great! You are better than the rest in a lot of things. You just need to find the things you are better at and take advantage of them, and work on your weaknesses (just for you to know - just like everybody else!! ! - the difference is you are REALLY good in the things you are good at). When you learn to love yourself for who you are, you will live a happy life. And that's all that matters.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2011, 3:09 pm

bridgete2010 wrote:
[quote="
wow.. just wow!! thank you SO much... I will think of your words whenever I feel alone... thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I agree.. I feel so happy now, and definitely more confident :-)

thank you

Your welcome! Im really glad i helped you to feel better about yourself :)

1trackmindmusician5
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 May 2011, 5:10 pm

yeah. people can be touchy. i've heard much worse on my part about just my gender, my awkwardness. but that's getting off the subject of what you wore.
what they said to you can basically be said about anything you're like so that is for real just uncalled for. you just have to try to "take it with a grain of salt", be okay in your skin, smile and it'll work out. I don't remember if there's anything i'd said from anything like that which happened to me but we're all in the same boat, NT or not, and we're all crazy and cool and what we are. normal's the dumbest label ever. don't you forget that.
--the onetrackmusician.

Boris: And so I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Actually, make that "I run through the valley of the shadow of death" - in order to get OUT of the valley of the shadow of death more quickly, you see. --woody allen in "love a

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2011, 11:13 am

thank you all for your wonderful responses..
any exercises or ideas for me to do so I can feel more comfortable in my skin?
like, writing prompts? or any ideas that will help me find and accept myself?