Does anyone have religious beliefs viewed as odd by others?

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2011, 3:39 pm

EGGREGUYOUS wrote:
I am Mormon but I have "customized" it if you will, I do not want plural marriage

You couldn't anyway because its not allowed :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

Midsummer's Eve is August 8, 2011. This is midway between the previous Summer Solstice and the subsequent Autumnal Equinox. I intend to get drunk and dance nekkid in the back yard from local sunset until local midnight (just like last year and the year before). Unless someone stands on a ladder to look over the wall, they'll never see me.

I call it "Natural Religion".

Your opinions may vary.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2011, 11:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Midsummer's Eve is August 8, 2011. This is midway between the previous Summer Solstice and the subsequent Autumnal Equinox. I intend to get drunk and dance nekkid in the back yard from local sunset until local midnight (just like last year and the year before). Unless someone stands on a ladder to look over the wall, they'll never see me.

I call it "Natural Religion".

Your opinions may vary.

Well midsummers eve, and the solstices/equinox are very special times for people who alike to use the earth to cleanse themselves, If i had a fence i would probably do something similiar to what you do during these times, although i cant say as though id be completely naked or drunk, i would maybe dance around in mud so my whole body can be coated by the sprit of the earth, so that i could cleanse the evils of errogance and snobbiness out of my spirit and leave only the down to earth sid eof me. But hey whatever floats your boat, if thats what gives you spiritual strength then i guess go for it :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 4:14 am

bradt4evr wrote:
But hey whatever floats your boat, if thats what gives you spiritual strength then i guess go for it :)

No, I just like getting drunk and dancing naked in my back yard.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

over9000
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2011, 5:35 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
I am LDS or Mormon, everyone thinks we are weird....too bad.

Same here :D

It's funny how everyone thinks that we are all pedophilic polygamists when it is only the fundamentalist morons. The mainstream Latter Day Saint church seeks to distance ourselves from them.

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

I'm agnostic. People seem to think that I need to make up my mind, and take a definite stand. I think they need to mind their own business.

Joshp406
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

Let me just say, being (as I call it) a born-again atheist (religion: been there, done that) in a family of christians can be......odd at best. lol.

silvereye
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2011, 5:14 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
Since we do tend to think differently naturally our religious beliefs may be a bit different. I am a christian but i do have other spiritual beliefs as well. I have always believed that all the different gods are the same god, and all religions are different ways he wanted us to live. see in the christian bible it says man isnt perfect, and i believe he made different religions so that his perfection could be on earth, its just seperated into different little chunks. Christians are very loyal to their god, while Native Americans and hindus go more in depth on how to love nature, all these are different parts of how he wanted us to live. I also believe animals and trees are our brothers and sisters therefor i dont hunt, but i dont judge those who do hunt because we need to hunt so animals dont get overpopulated.
kinda the same here but i think it was to powerful so it can't be in together for to long so it splits

silvereye
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
Since we do tend to think differently naturally our religious beliefs may be a bit different. I am a christian but i do have other spiritual beliefs as well. I have always believed that all the different gods are the same god, and all religions are different ways he wanted us to live. see in the christian bible it says man isnt perfect, and i believe he made different religions so that his perfection could be on earth, its just seperated into different little chunks. Christians are very loyal to their god, while Native Americans and hindus go more in depth on how to love nature, all these are different parts of how he wanted us to live. I also believe animals and trees are our brothers and sisters therefor i dont hunt, but i dont judge those who do hunt because we need to hunt so animals dont get overpopulated.
kinda the same here but i think it was to powerful so it can't be in together for to long so it splits

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

Im a bonified Pastafarian, everyone at school assumes im making it up so i started carrying the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with me every day to school for when people ask me about it and i have the Loose Canon our 2nd holy book on my USB stick which i also use at school mainly for random things since my laptop broke but anyway im trying to convert people to Pastafarianism at school so i can go to the school board and demand we get every Friday off as a religious holiday since thats our most holiest holiday

R'Amen

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

I'm some kind of pagan. I like it, and I'm trying to figure out my way to a stronger connection with the Divine. It's hard when I've got college to worry about, though.

Samara1991
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

Try having pagan beliefs at a school full of Christians... The outcome is being constantly called a witch, having ppl tell you your going to hell, being told that you should just kill yourself, people putting notes on your desk saying the same things, and none of the adults helping you out.

Not saying all Christians are bad but the ones I went to school with could have been a lot more respectful...

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2011, 12:20 am

Try being a jew with people pestering you about keeping kosher...

Atheism is annoying because it is unscientific. Science states that life can not come out of nothing, it must be created. I doubt that there were any robots or 'accidental' creations. Other things like time and matter are way to complex to say that it happens by chance.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

I do.

because...

1. I'm an Anglican- fully fledged; baptised, confirmed etc. (unusually rare to find an Anglican in a country that is 'Anglican')
2. I don't believe in Jesus- nowadays, people look at you like an alien if you don't believe in him.
3. I'm follow NOACHIDISM, unofficially; I try as much as I can to follow the 7 Noachide laws (in the book of Genesis, in the Torah- 'bible')

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

It's really interesting that you follow the Noachide laws. I think they're really good; if most people followed them, we wouldn't have so many problems in the world.

And I'm also Jewish.

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm

AWESOME!...it's quite funny that you say that the world would be a better place if everyone were Bnei Noach- I'm sure it would, but I think it would be even better if everyone were Jews.

God bless you and may HaShem keep you! :)

- the world needs more Jews like you for tikkun olam...