Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 9:31 am

I did like PE in my school, but in my country, most PE teachers (as long as you are not in an professional sports school) dont judge that hard in PE, so its common that sporty people showing effort get the best possible mark (=A), non-sporty people showing effort got the second best mark (=B), and people showing no effort at all got an medium mark (=C). So as long as you showed effort, everything was fine, and you could enjoy PE, anyway how horrible you practically were. XD

When I heard that on other countries it was custom that teacher depended their marks on the performance of contests in running, jumping etc., it was a bit surprising to me, as well that it really did not make much sense for me. Around here it is custom to think, that the PE teachers job is simply to motivate people to do some sports. So as our sport teacher said herself: "I dont expect the non sporty of you to be as fast as the sporty ones, I only expect you to show as much effort. So I dont care if you need 5 minutes longer, as long as you are comparable sweated."

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 11:46 am

gailryder17 wrote:
I'm the opposite of all you. I enjoyed P.E. and shooting hoops, even if I can't catch sometimes. During the mile, I would join my running buddy (a fast runner, I needed motivation) and we would come up with a strategy to get good times while allowing leisure time. I liked having a class where I was able to run around rather than being cooped up in a chair.

It's hard to enjoy P.E. when you suck royally at sports and everyone is getting frustrated at you and giving you dirty looks. I enjoy playing tennis with my friend and playing basketball with my dad, but I would still dread going to P.E. class for that reason. Also, no one likes being made to run 10 laps around the gym. Luckily, I managed to get out of doing P.E. for all of middle school and high school :wink:

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 2:58 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
2. Try not care what other think of you; I know it's easier said than done, but it does work for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This.

Just have fun and don't care what anyone says.

When I was in school, I really liked PE most of the time. Despite the fact that I was almost always the last one chosen for teams. When I was in the 5th grade I even took an after school basketball program. That was the last time I ever took any after school sports though. Because I really sucked at it, and I just din't have enough energy for it. It wasn't that I was realy exerting myself that much. But just having to be on my feet standing and playing for 90 minutes just tired me out too much.

PE in the 7th and 8th grade wasn't as much fun. A lot of the guys there were a little too aggressive and there were a lot of bullies in the class. Even dodge ball became rather unpleasant.

In high school I loaded my schedule with as much PE as possible. Because I knew that even when I was failing everything else, I would get at least a C in PE no matter how bad I was. Plus in high school PE was coed. The groups I was in were about two-thirds girls. So I could actually hold my own pretty well playing against girls. High School PE was pretty laid back. Being aggressive wasn't really encouraged. So I enjoyed it.